Dino's Presser after Wake | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Presser after Wake

heck of a thing to say in a presser unless certain guys already know they just coached their last game here.
Could be some demotions and stuff

So, it wasn't an injury timeout after all...

Wouldn't common sense dictate that you run the clock down to :01 on the play clock, and then call TO?

You're asking about the TO we took on our last possession with 53 seconds remaining, right?

I suppose if we got the 1st down, we could either get a TD, or run the clock all the way down to :04 before attempting the FG for the win. Don't know how much time was left on the play clock.

Wonder who he was talking about when it came to dealing with certain individuals and then it was focused back on the team element. I have an idea but there had to be some stuff with a few certain players throughout the year

You're asking about the TO we took on our last possession with 53 seconds left. right?

I suppose if we got the 1st down, we could either get a TD, or run the clock all the way down to :04 before attempting the FG for the win. Don't know how much time was left on the play clock.

We took the TO with 1:04 left, after the 2nd down play, which was snapped at the 1:10 mark...so we didn't bleed any clock before the TO was called. I'm pretty sure that at that point, WF would have called TO anyway, and if they don't, we let the play clock run down, and call a TO with 1-2 seconds left on the play clock. Bizarre decision, IMO

We took the TO with 1:04 left, after the 2nd down play, which was snapped at the 1:10 mark...so we didn't bleed any clock before the TO was called. I'm pretty sure that at that point, WF would have called TO anyway, and if they don't, we let the play clock run down, and call a TO with 1-2 seconds left on the play clock. Bizarre decision, IMO

The box score I'm looking at says that Wake took a TO at 1:10.

1st and 10 WF 34: Neal 9 yard rush.
Timeout Wake 1:10
2nd and 1 WF 25: Holding SU
2nd and 11 WF 35: Neal 3 yard rush
Timeout SU :53
3rd and 8 WF 32: Neal 1 yard rush.
Timeout Wake :50
4th and 7 WF 31: Szmyt 49 yard FG.

Could we have run more time after the 3 yard run, sure. But then we're committed to a 50 yard FG. I would have preferred to get closer.

Last edited:
Wonder who he was talking about when it came to dealing with certain individuals and then it was focused back on the team element. I have an idea but there had to be some stuff with a few certain players throughout the year

Would assume Taj is one of them

The box score I'm looking at says that Wake took a TO at 1:10.

1st and 10 WF 34: Neal 9 yard rush.
Timeout Wake 1:10
2nd and 1 WF 25: Holding SU
2nd and 11 WF 35: Neal 3 yard rush
Timeout SU :53
3rd and 8 WF 32: Neal 1 yard rush.
Timeout Wake :50
4th and 7 WF 31: Szmyt 49 yard FG.

Maybe the box core I was looking at was wrong. Regardless, WF had taken a TO after the 1st down play, and presumably would have done so after the 2nd down play - but if they weren't going to do so, and HCBD wanted to draw up a 3rd down play, wouldn't have it made more sense for us to wait until there was only a second or two left on the play clock to call TO?

DC hire will be huge, we return serious talent at LB and CB. Yes, LB.

I think Mikel Jones is way too small but he’s a ballhawk for sure. Wallace closed out the game after Lakiem got hurt and I thought played well enough. Canton Arku also got some run late in place of Trill on the outside. I felt a lot more comfortable about next year after seeing Wallace.

Still hope we grab a juco or grad transfer though.

(And Kpodga has excellent size and really hits in specials.)

I think Mikel Jones is way too small but he’s a ballhawk for sure. Wallace closed out the game after Lakiem got hurt and I thought played well enough. Canton Arku also got some run late in place of Trill on the outside. I felt a lot more comfortable about next year after seeing Wallace.

Still hope we grab a juco or grad transfer though.

(And Kpodga has excellent size and really hits in specials.)
I think Mikel will gain some size, not too worried about him. Richards and Cantin are gonna be big boys. Wonder where Richards ends up

I think Mikel will gain some size, not too worried about him. Richards and Cantin are gonna be big boys. Wonder where Richards ends up
He hasn't played the last 2 games. Hope nothing's up there.

he’s short and has a smallish frame which makes me think he’s not going to get a lot bigger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom