Dino's Signing Day Presser 1 PM | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Signing Day Presser 1 PM

The first time that Dino showed up to a high school game during SU’s season, he would be ripped to shreds for not focusing on solving the SU’s passing game or not figuring out special teams issues.

The first time that Dino showed up to a high school game during SU’s season, he would be ripped to shreds for not focusing on solving the SU’s passing game or not figuring out special teams issues.

You don’t make it obvious

But when CBA is playing at the Dome for the State championship and you have a kid offered…

on the flip-side…… he was out on the road heavy at that time

If Dino wants to talk about each of these kids, have Matt Park and he do an interview and he can wax poetic on each one. The people who really want that stuff will love it.

These are news conferences that often go sideways from the original purpose - the transfer portal and NIL are the newsy stuff today. The coaches are just going to spit cliches about each kid.

No issues with reporters being reporters. They’ll get to the recruit profiles at a later date.

You don’t make it obvious

But when CBA is playing at the Dome for the State championship and you have a kid offered…

on the flip-side…… he was out on the road heavy at that time
I mean during the season after a practice, take a couple hours and visit some of the local schools.

Heck, put your AHC in charge of a practice during the season.

It shouldn't be hard to visit CBA or CNS or BVille or FM or West Genny once or twice during the fall. It's not a long commute.

This is a bad look / answer no way around it.

Shouldn't be hard to find time to visit CBA during the season.
I'm not surprised. We have our own season to play and I can't imagine a college coach taking a Friday night before a Saturday game to go check out local HS teams. On the Bye week he was on the road recruiting.

We did have 2 Friday night games so perhaps he could've gone to see some Saturday games if there were any. I looked and CBA only had Friday games and 1 Thursday game, so not really easy for him to check them out.

How about Cats?
Is "Cats" still on Broadway or did its run finally end. I know it had the record but I seem to remember it finally went dark about 10 years ago.

Wow,
Hopefully Santa is bringing Matty a Peleton
1639622209874.gif

After the 2021 season I need to take an anti depressant, but you are probably right, we should really stop complaining so much. Let’s try to be more positive.
Guilty as charged. I am going to try and be more positive about SYR sports. This board is cathartic and a good stress release though when things go bad. This board is often my only outlet to let off steam about SYR sports. I am going to try and think before I post something so negative. It's going to take a whole new mindset and willpower. I have said this before and failed. I'll try again.

If Dino wants to talk about each of these kids, have Matt Park and he do an interview and he can wax poetic on each one. The people who really want that stuff will love it.

These are news conferences that often go sideways from the original purpose - the transfer portal and NIL are the newsy stuff today. The coaches are just going to spit cliches about each kid.

No issues with reporters being reporters. They’ll get to the recruit profiles at a later date.
Yes, the story in college football is the portal and NIL, unfortunately not the new recruits. Deion Sanders stole a recruit from FSU for a FCS school because the player is getting $100,000 from Barstool Sports. That's the bigger issue than some linebacker from Pennsylvania unfortunately.

Yes, the story in college football is the portal and NIL, unfortunately not the new recruits. Deion Sanders stole a recruit from FSU for a FCS school because the player is getting $100,000 from Barstool Sports. That's the bigger issue than some linebacker from Pennsylvania unfortunately.
I read $3.5 million.

But was he on the road recruiting the championship weekend?

I don't agree. Your head coach is your closer. Not many head coaches get out to local games.

When I recruited in college baseball, my job was to go to all the games and have the head guy build the relationship once I got the recruit on campus that I liked.

During the season, you really don't want to send the message that your HC is leaving practice early to go visit a high school team.

And Dino doesn't have to get out when it is in the dome. You are going to have people on staff to video the games to get you your intel. People act like he can actually talk to the recruits depending on where it falls in the calendar.

Guilty as charged. I am going to try and be more positive about SYR sports. This board is cathartic and a good stress release though when things go bad. This board is often my only outlet to let off steam about SYR sports. I am going to try and think before I post something so negative. It's going to take a whole new mindset and willpower. I have said this before and failed. I'll try again.

We've had 6 weeks of bad news: losses and defections. (The basketball team's start hasn't helped). Now we get to read about new guys coming into the program and some of them look like they could be interesting. We need this.

I mean during the season after a practice, take a couple hours and visit some of the local schools.

Heck, put your AHC in charge of a practice during the season.

It shouldn't be hard to visit CBA or CNS or BVille or FM or West Genny once or twice during the fall. It's not a long commute.

I mean, the portal is absolutely apart of recruiting and signing day.

Clawson was talking about this morning and how Wake isn’t taking that many HS kids because they have the portal to recruit out of now and those kids, for the most part, are coming in and ready to play right away.

High School recruiting is going to become only the best of the absolute best. Kids like Deuce who are plug and play and ready to go from day 1.

Dino may be irritated about it, but it’s the reality of college football and he needs to jump fully on board
Lets be Green and Growing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom