Dino's Week 3 CMU Press Conference Notes / Depth Chart | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Week 3 CMU Press Conference Notes / Depth Chart

includes walkons. they can have as many as 115 I believe
NCAA rules allow for 105 players to be on the roster before the first day of class or the first game, whichever comes first. When school is in session, there is no limit to the number of players on the roster (obviously given the 85 scholarship limit).

I can easily say that because I watched the game. And the game against CCSU. It was obvious that the running game was gonna blow chunks. And any DC worth a damn can beat a one dimensional team. At "best", that "fake injury" was an infinitesimally incidental contribution.

All due respect to you Cubs, but it was a 7 point game with us driving in for the score. People are trying to make this out to be a butt whooping and if it weren't for a late fumble and some drops - we'd have won. We had a horrible 1st Q at -26 yards. Just an average Q there and we have 400 yards of offense. The reason the fake injuries matter is that the game was so close and every play mattered. By my count there were 6-7 moments where mysterious cramping slowed us down. Out of 15 possessions!

Let's phrase this differently. If defensive game plan is set to do X and X is the thing that is hard to prepare for and wins you games - but the OL can do something when the whistle/clock stops that involves lying to a ref to stop the legal advantage of X? You wouldn't think that it swayed the game or had an impact?

You've been posting here for a long time. You'd have some choice words for the OC and OL coach.

Our whole offense and S&C revolve around the legal advantage gained by going fast. I get why it's tempting, but it's BS.

All due respect to you Cubs, but it was a 7 point game with us driving in for the score. People are trying to make this out to be a butt whooping and if it weren't for a late fumble and some drops - we'd have won. We had a horrible 1st Q at -26 yards. Just an average Q there and we have 400 yards of offense. The reason the fake injuries matter is that the game was so close and every play mattered. By my count there were 6-7 moments where mysterious cramping slowed us down. Out of 15 possessions!

Let's phrase this differently. If defensive game plan is set to do X and X is the thing that is hard to prepare for and wins you games - but the OL can do something when the whistle/clock stops that involves lying to a ref to stop the legal advantage of X? You wouldn't think that it swayed the game or had an impact?

You've been posting here for a long time. You'd have some choice words for the OC and OL coach.

Our whole offense and S&C revolve around the legal advantage gained by going fast. I get why it's tempting, but it's BS.

Dude, they sucked. Pure and simple. Watch the Auburn - Clemson game? Final score was 14-6 Clemson. Sounds close, right? Nope. Auburn got their asses whooped on the field.

Quit making lame excuses. That "fake injury" did nothing but give butt-hurt people some "reason" for a loss.

Dude, they sucked. Pure and simple. Watch the Auburn - Clemson game? Final score was 14-6 Clemson. Sounds close, right? Nope. Auburn got their asses whooped on the field.

Quit making lame excuses. That "fake injury" did nothing but give butt-hurt people some "reason" for a loss.

Noticed you didn't really respond to my hypothetical.

The second half D from SS wasn't a whooping. They moved the ball fine, drops killed them.

We'll just have to disagree. I think faking injuries is cheating. And any cheating is BS; ruins the game.

Noticed you didn't really respond to my hypothetical.

The second half D from SS wasn't a whooping. They moved the ball fine, drops killed them.

We'll just have to disagree. I think faking injuries is cheating. And any cheating is BS; ruins the game.
Hypotheticals are just that. I don't do hypotheticals. The reality is that they lost. For a number of reasons. That "fake injury" is pretty much lost in the noise.

Hypotheticals are just that. I don't do hypotheticals. The reality is that they lost. For a number of reasons. That "fake injury" is pretty much lost in the noise.

Right. Far from "didn't make any difference"... of course it did. They also blew up Dungey for a whole Q and out coached us for a half.

Right. Far from "didn't make any difference"... of course it did. They also blew up Dungey for a whole Q and out coached us for a half.
Let me rephrase that, then. It didn't make any difference. The suckage was enough of a reason for them to lose.

You can only control the controlables. Spending time whining about the refs and fake injuries is wasting time that could be spent on what we do control like O-Line play, our running backs not seeing the holes, and our qb not seeing the whole field and scrambling way too much/not getting rid of the ball.

File the fake injury stuff away for the offseason and worry about what we can do right now to prepare for CMU and the rest of our schedule.

You can only control the controlables. Spending time whining about the refs and fake injuries is wasting time that could be spent on what we do control like O-Line play, our running backs not seeing the holes, and our qb not seeing the whole field and scrambling way too much/not getting rid of the ball.

File the fake injury stuff away for the offseason and worry about what we can do right now to prepare for CMU and the rest of our schedule.

Dino was rightly sending a message to other teams, refs, whomever about it. He can make a small comment on 11 something on a mon and still fix what he can fix.

Doesn't make a difference

That last one that was the obvious one didn't impact the game because MTSU had already called timeout. And their HC told the kid "you can't do that".

But that showed everyone that they were obviously coached up to do it if this came up. Admirable.

The earlier ones certainly could have had something to do with our loss. How could one know otherwise?

Louisville did this last year. If a player goes down, he goes off the field, just like in soccer. This isn't that hard to do. Make it a damn rule.

really if the injury is not something that moving cant be done safely then the game should not be held up for minutes while a guy drinks some water.. go back to the old rule of when you come out for injury you are done for some period of time. that would eliminate people not getting themselves off the field for minor stuff.

and there are rules for this they can use, the one where the guy just dropped onto the field the ref has to use his head and call the penalty for that. he could see the guy asking the coaches what to do.

Interesting that Shy is off kick return and Ny is on. If you are not going to let KR #2 return one, wouldn't the bigger player be a better blocker? But, maybe I answered my own question.

Having said that, I thought Cullen helped block that one nice return we had Saturday. What gives?

Geez...We have Clemson looming and their entire D is ridiculous, especially their D line...11 sacks against Auburn. They are gonna tear our Oline a new A hole. Hope Dungey makes it through the game...

Geez...We have Clemson looming and their entire D is ridiculous, especially their D line...11 sacks against Auburn. They are gonna tear our Oline a new A hole. Hope Dungey makes it through the game...
Yeah, it's going to be a long day for whoever is under center.

We didn't lose because of fake injuries but holy I was pissed when that player got up and started doing jumping jacks to be an @sshole.

Custis,plain and simple,can't catch the ball. I see now why it took so long for him to see the field. Play Butler and the freshman.

Didn't even think about this. It's the Scott Shafer revenge tour.

By the time the CUSA schedule starts he's going to go into a depression.