Dino's Week 3 CMU Press Conference Notes / Depth Chart | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Week 3 CMU Press Conference Notes / Depth Chart

Let me rephrase that, then. It didn't make any difference. The suckage was enough of a reason for them to lose.
If it didn't make any difference, CCSU wouldn't have built it into their game plan.

It is enough for me that the opponent thought they needed to do it to win or gain an advantage.

If it didn't make any difference, CCSU wouldn't have built it into their game plan.

It is enough for me that the opponent thought they needed to do it to win or gain an advantage.
Did it help them? No.

Dude, they sucked. Pure and simple. Watch the Auburn - Clemson game? Final score was 14-6 Clemson. Sounds close, right? Nope. Auburn got their asses whooped on the field.

Quit making lame excuses. That "fake injury" did nothing but give butt-hurt people some "reason" for a loss.
agree. it was a very minimal reason if at all. True story was the lack of ability to punch it in from inside the twenty and sometimes the 10. Two TD's there and we win, despite the fake injuries.

Drops, horrible OL protection, horrible gameplan and preparation, horrible vision by the RBs and lousy special teams play are the reason we lost that game. We fix 1 or 2 of those and we win. We still do all of those lousy things and the other team doesn't fake injuries, we still lose. As for how horrible we played, I take nothing from CCSU, Shafer kicked RI in the balls too the year he was fired. Last Saturday was our first real test. They say the biggest improvements come from week 1 to week 2, i don't think playing Henniger's JV team allowed us that growth. We need to make that jump this week. If we lose to CMU the Dome will be a wasteland for the rest of the season.

Drops, horrible OL protection, horrible gameplan and preparation, horrible vision by the RBs and lousy special teams play are the reason we lost that game. We fix 1 or 2 of those and we win. We still do all of those lousy things and the other team doesn't fake injuries, we still lose. As for how horrible we played, I take nothing from CCSU, Shafer kicked RI in the balls too the year he was fired. Last Saturday was our first real test. They say the biggest improvements come from week 1 to week 2, i don't think playing Henniger's JV team allowed us that growth. We need to make that jump this week. If we lose to CMU the Dome will be a wasteland for the rest of the season.

For the umpteenth billion time - it's not THE reason we lost. It's a contributing factor in the loss, just like the others. It's also really hard to prove the exact effect it has... As another poster said - if it had no effect, why do it? If there is no value in it, why take the heat by asking your players to lie to refs?

There are a lot of people who say "it was nothing" and yet we see it week after week. Wake up - it's a part of the game plan. Meathead DC's think it's unfair that the offense gets fair and legal advantage of dictating tempo, so they teach their players to mitigate it by manipulating the refs. It's a problem.

For the umpteenth billion time - it's not THE reason we lost. It's a contributing factor in the loss, just like the others. It's also really hard to prove the exact effect it has... As another poster said - if it had no effect, why do it? If there is no value in it, why take the heat by asking your players to lie to refs?

There are a lot of people who say "it was nothing" and yet we see it week after week. Wake up - it's a part of the game plan. Meathead DC's think it's unfair that the offense gets fair and legal advantage of dictating tempo, so they teach their players to mitigate it by manipulating the refs. It's a problem.
Yep, and I've seen it affect games. What I saw Saturday however was an unprepared team and it wouldn't have mattered if the other team played straight up or not. It's my opinion obviously. You're welcome to yours. This game went way deeper than refs or extra TOs, that's where the focus needs to be, not on guys falling over and then doing jumping jacks.

We are gonna see these "injuries" every week from here on whenever we have some offensive momentum. We are simply going to have to get used to it.

65os7odbIW6pa.gif