Dion is no longer in shape | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dion is no longer in shape

Dion Freshman:

260825829001_1246266066001_2011-03-11-dn-subasket16.jpg

Dion last week:

bilde
can't really go by pics... video tells a better story...

can't really go by pics... video tells a better story...

just look at the face pudge and the definition of his arms. dude is ripped. he is playing against better defenders...

just look at the face pudge and the definition of his arms. dude is ripped. he is playing against better defenders...
not true man he looked extremely slow yesterday trying to get to the bucket... defenders weren't the issue

I think people are discounting the quality of USF's perimeter defenders. I felt like DW's biggest problem last night was traction. He (along with some others) seemed to lose his footing whenever he tried to change direction. I don't know if they waxed the floor before the game or what, but I don't remember seeing so many guys lose their footing as last night.

it must be all the practicing and the minutes he's getting. I mean, when you excercise and stay active, you get fatter right?

And obv not only Dion read the headlines as a lottery pick, but so did our coaches and they too have changed his excercise and weight routine in order to get him to "put on a few."

I don't think he's out of shape, he's just gotten more cocky. In December and November he was trying to prove himself, he did, and got a big head. He played better in the USF game than he has in a while though, so that's a good start.

I think people are discounting the quality of USF's perimeter defenders. I felt like DW's biggest problem last night was traction. He (along with some others) seemed to lose his footing whenever he tried to change direction. I don't know if they waxed the floor before the game or what, but I don't remember seeing so many guys lose their footing as last night.

The announcers even talked about the quality of their perimeter defenders...repeatedly.

weight aside... He really does look like last years Dion as far as his play is concerned as of late

weight aside... He really does look like last years Dion as far as his play is concerned as of late
He was pretty bad the 2nd half of last year until he almost single handily won that Marquette NCAA tournament game, if he's saving himself to have a breakout tourney, I'm all for it.

it must be all the practicing and the minutes he's getting. I mean, when you excercise and stay active, you get fatter right?

And obv not only Dion read the headlines as a lottery pick, but so did our coaches and they too have changed his excercise and weight routine in order to get him to "put on a few."

I get the sarcasm but he looks slower and heavier to me and I think there is something to him getting a big head too (reading his "headlines" and/or his twitter followers hanging on his junk). "Humble and hungry"--not.

I think we're overanalyzing it. He wasn't getting into any lanes and he had a bad game. Did Triche put on more weight too? Because he wasn't getting past anyone either. I think USF was just playing off our guards, intent on clogging the lane and stopping any penetration.

I think we're overanalyzing it. He wasn't getting into any lanes and he had a bad game. Did Triche put on more weight too? Because he wasn't getting past anyone either. I think USF was just playing off our guards, intent on clogging the lane and stopping any penetration.

I swear Triche put his sneaks on the wrong feet last night.

I think we're overanalyzing it. He wasn't getting into any lanes and he had a bad game.

Dion didnt play badly last night. was 3-6 for 9 points, 3 boards, assist, 2 steals in 19 minutes.

Dion didn't play great either...he looks slower than he did 6 weeks ago. He also took a couple of horrendous jacks out of the framework of the offense. He's gone a little MeShaun in the past couple weeks.

Defenses know how to play him now, that's all. A bit hard to get to the bucket when 3 defenders collapse on you, he needs to stop forcing it when it's not there and kick it out.

Those of us who think he put on a few pounds are not just basing it on his game, but on how he actually looks. Last nite was the first time to me that he looked like he gained a little weight, not because he had a bad game or whatever, i noticed it when he was standing at the ft line.

Those of us who think he put on a few pounds are not just basing it on his game, but on how he actually looks. Last nite was the first time to me that he looked like he gained a little weight, not because he had a bad game or whatever, i noticed it when he was standing at the ft line.

Maybe that is why JB started calling him Fatty Bo-Batty last night in the presser?

Yeah I think Dion must go at least 350 or 400 lbs, he's practically bedridden.

The problem with dion is that he read that he was a lottery pick in December and hasn't looked the same since. There's a reason players shouldn't read the headlines.
well and his twitter is a love fest, every retweet is someone telling him how great he is a how good he is going to be in the NBA next year, we should flood his twitter with tough love, I already started;)

This is a thread that should have had side by side pictures in the first post. If there are no pictures or no concrete evidence, such as weight and BMI numbers, then it shouldn't be discussed at all. I think he is forcing shots against defenses that are much more compact than what he played against 6 weeks ago. When we stopped hitting threes, the middle became congested, and Dion's room to maneuver all but disappeared.

We were two or three JSouth/KJo/Scoop triples from opening that defense last night and running away with it. You have to make teams pay for dropping into the lane or they will stay in there. USF committed to stopping our drives and inside shots. They gave us some nice looks we didn't take.

I agree. Our Points Outside the Paint have dropped off to just a few per game. So the way to defend us is to pack the paint. Our one on three drives to the basket often result in off balance shots or turnovers. Sadly, this is what has become of our offense.

On the other hand, our defense remains at a high level.

So, now we are lending creedence to what the announcers say? ;-)

Well the one announcer was repeatedly suggesting we should go man to man after we were down.

So, I think there are some supporters of that crew around - although he may be in Florida now.

I don't agree that he is out of shape since I don't think you can suddenly get out of shape. But I do believe that at times when he is playing poorly he is tired and sometimes is left in the game a possession or two too long.

ummm... you basically just said "I don't believe he is out of shape, except that he's out of shape."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom