Dion Waiters: The NBA Is Lucky I’m Home Doing Damn Articles | Syracusefan.com

Dion Waiters: The NBA Is Lucky I’m Home Doing Damn Articles

cowboypistol.gif

I'm normally not too big on over-confidence and overdone bravado, but damnit if I don't love me some Dion Waiters "I'm the best out there and I'll prove it to you" attitude. If Wes Johnson had even half of the attitude that Dion has, he'd be a borderline star in the league. Hoping this guy gets paid this offseason.

Awesome... but how does this work? Did dion really write that? How do these pages get stories like this from players?

I am sure they have editors who work with them.

Im not sure I get your 2nd question - but if it was I am thinking - this is Derek Jeters site designed specifically for players to put out what they want to put out. They love it because there is no spin, no quotes getting rearranged, and I think they all get a little cut.

I'm normally not too big on over-confidence and overdone bravado, but damnit if I don't love me some Dion Waiters "I'm the best out there and I'll prove it to you" attitude. If Wes Johnson had even half of the attitude that Dion has, he'd be a borderline star in the league. Hoping this guy gets paid this offseason.

Bravado is an interesting topic. understandably it rubs folks the wrong way at times and can even be self-destructive in many cases for players, but it's impossible to coach it and it can be the driving factor behind a player's greatness. Like many qualities among the most successful people, it may not make you a good human, but it's absolutely essential to your success.

As someone who doesn't have an ounce of bravado, I always find it intriguing. Hope things continue to work out for dion.

Outstanding stuff.

I am sure they have editors who work with them.

Im not sure I get your 2nd question - but if it was I am thinking - this is Derek Jeters site designed specifically for players to put out what they want to put out. They love it because there is no spin, no quotes getting rearranged, and I think they all get a little cut.
And (speaking generally and with no implications about Dion's piece) no checking to verify the account is accurate.

The article is terrific.
Style, substance, structure...all A+.

If Dion did in fact write it himself he has even more talent as a writer than he does as a baller!
I'm guessing it's an "as told to."
Player does interview and maybe provides some writing and then a writer works it up.

I assume he talks with a writer for a little bit, and the writer works it up, tries to put it in Dion's voice, etc.

That was the most Dion article of all time.

It's Dion's name in the byline. The tweet says "by Dion Waiters." Dion is the writer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom