Dion Waiters | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dion Waiters

Yeah, one would think they could with the proper reps but I could see Howard struggling.

Frank would be fine in man. What makes you say otherwise?

He is a long, athletic defender.

Frank would be fine in man. What makes you say otherwise?

He is a long, athletic defender.

Yes he is long. He doesn't move his feet well or show good lateral movement/quickness in the zone. I don't think he is that quick, FRANK-ly, ha. I think those would translate to M2M for sure. I think he would get eaten alive. Frank plays with no physicality as well. He has no burst, explosion, or quick feet. Just glides around one speed. He doesn't have the tools like Waiters does for instance who has shows, in spurts, that he can be solid on D in the NBA.

That's fair. I will add here that being a great man defender also means buying into team defense. The rotations have to be quick and decisive. Frank would most likely lack in this category as well.

I just watched the whole warriors/heat game from last night. Very exciting game. Dion has a complete game. He pretty much killed it on both ends and just took over in the fourth.

IMG_8703.jpg

I watched the game in real time yesterday, Dion played a solid game and his last second ice cold heroics were awesome. Nice seeing him play team ball, get nice assists, run the offense - the guy is so talented. His demeanor though - he ignores teammates congratulating him, preens for the crowd , stares down Brooklyn's bench. Guess he'll always be Super cocky Neon Dion and maybe that is what gives him his edge or at least he believes so. Hope he continues to produce, excel and permanently loses that talented selfish chucker rep.

I watched the game in real time yesterday, Dion played a solid game and his last second ice cold heroics were awesome. Nice seeing him play team ball, get nice assists, run the offense - the guy is so talented. His demeanor though - he ignores teammates congratulating him, preens for the crowd , stares down Brooklyn's bench. Guess he'll always be Super cocky Neon Dion and maybe that is what gives him his edge or at least he believes so. Hope he continues to produce, excel and permanently loses that talented selfish chucker rep.

I noticed that too. Love the confidence and swagger but not sure Dion picks up on the social cues to be a good teammate. I mean, I don't really care much about really, really being a good teammate, but at least go through the motions of being a good teammate. Dion doesn't give the vibe of doing that (not that I'm in the locker room obviously).

I noticed that too. Love the confidence and swagger but not sure Dion picks up on the social cues to be a good teammate. I mean, I don't really care much about really, really being a good teammate, but at least go through the motions of being a good teammate. Dion doesn't give the vibe of doing that (not that I'm in the locker room obviously).

Sounds like he at least put the effort in to be better (although this article is from before the season started):

Waiters starting off on the right foot with Heat

Yeah -- I'm going solely off appearances. I love his swagger just wonder if it gets him in trouble sometimes.
It absolutely does. It almost certainly also got him to where he is in life.

I don't know what it is that makes Dion so good sometimes, but if he could figure it out, he would be a much richer young man. But, he is that dude, that is talented, but the swag is what takes him to the next level, when it is properly focused. If Wes Johnson had half the swag that Dion does, he would be a perennial all-star.

Overshadowed with yesterday's crazy NC State game - Dion looking good again.

20 Points (9-15)
7 Reb
3 Ast
2 Stl
2 Blk

+33 during his 30 minutes - best on team.

Is he on a one-year deal? Would be nice to see him parlay continued good play into a more lucrative / long term contract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom