Dion Waiters | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dion Waiters

Is he on a one-year deal? Would be nice to see him parlay continued good play into a more lucrative / long term contract.

2 year deal with a player option after this year

Is he on a one-year deal? Would be nice to see him parlay continued good play into a more lucrative / long term contract.

he can opt out of $3 million or so this summer, which I'm assuming he'll do.

I'm not sure this would be best for Dion but as a Knick fan I'll take him. Wouldn't mind seeing him and Carmelo play together but I don't think Melo will be around. At this point the Knicks still want to get rid of Melo and he now seems ok with leaving you got to figure someone is going to figure out how to get it done.

I know he probably wants to go where he can earn the most (and I don't blame him) but I'd love to see some of our guys in the rotation on relevant teams.

Dion will cash in to some extent, but he was one year too late in turning his game up. Last year was the time to enter as a middle of the road free agent when almost every team had cap space entering the offseason.

The cap is down almost 10% from where it was expected and only increased from 94 to 99 million. Teams blew away their cap room last season there are not that many teams left that have cap room.

If Miami low balls him, he may be stuck going to a poor situation if he wants to cash in.

This^^^
Part of the reason he thrived in Miami was due to "The Godfather" Pat Riley, and the strong infrastructure there. My Knickerbockers suck at basic organizational management. This move would be a disaster waiting to happen, IMO.

Dion's agent should absolutely talk to the Knicks.

And then use that as leverage to get him the best contract he can - from the Heat.
Or even the Sixers.

But dear God - not from the Knicks.
We've already had one Orange great sacrifice his prime and any shot at a ring, to Dolan's stupidity;
wouldn't wish that on any others.

The Knicks are an open book right now. It appears that they are trying to do it right with young players and the draft. Dion would have a great opportunity there to be the relatively veteran piece of a young core with KP, Hernangomez, and Ntilikina. For all the bad that Phil did, he is the one that has put them on this path.

Hornacek will get an opportunity to run his own system, which should be a good fit for Dion.

As long as the Knicks don't botch the GM hire and stay on this path they should be at the beginning of an uptrend process.

I am all for Dion going to NY, as long as the Knicks don't overpay as they have always done in the past. I also think it would be a good fit for Dion as he could be the #2 scoring option after KP on that team (assuming Melo is gone).

The Knicks are an open book right now. It appears that they are trying to do it right with young players and the draft. Dion would have a great opportunity there to be the relatively veteran piece of a young core with KP, Hernangomez, and Ntilikina. For all the bad that Phil did, he is the one that has put them on this path.

Hornacek will get an opportunity to run his own system, which should be a good fit for Dion.

As long as the Knicks don't botch the GM hire and stay on this path they should be at the beginning of an uptrend process.

I am all for Dion going to NY, as long as the Knicks don't overpay as they have always done in the past. I also think it would be a good fit for Dion as he could be the #2 scoring option after KP on that team (assuming Melo is gone).

I don't think Dion would agree with that assessment.

If Melo is gone I like Dion a little more, but the Knicks need to focus on developing their young players, and they can't have a situation like last year where Rose and Melo were monopolizing the ball.

I don't think Dion would agree with that assessment.

If Melo is gone I like Dion a little more, but the Knicks need to focus on developing their young players, and they can't have a situation like last year where Rose and Melo were monopolizing the ball.

Well, if Dion disagrees with that assessment then why would he even be considering NY ?

Well, if Dion disagrees with that assessment then why would he even be considering NY ?

I'm saying I don't think he would agree with being the #2 option behind KP. He's considering the Knicks because they're one of 3 teams interested in him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom