Director of Athletics John Wildhack's letter to Orange student-athletes | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Director of Athletics John Wildhack's letter to Orange student-athletes

If everyone in America stayed home for a month straight this thing would be gone the next day.

Now obviously that’s not feasible, But we need to get as close As that gold standard as possible to shorten the duration as much as possible
Guess what happens when the everyone goes back to work and the travel band is lifted. Rinse wash repeat.

We don't have to be scared to be prudent and wise.

And this is what is not happening right now. We have induced panic which has disrupted the economy and markets for who knows how long. People are afraid to leave the house. I've never seen NYC emptier than it is right now except when I used to work night shifts at the Post and would leave at 6-7 AM. Even after these orders are lifted, the strain will always be with us much like the flu and other illnesses.

And this is what is not happening right now. We have induced panic which has disrupted the economy and markets for who knows how long. People are afraid to leave the house. I've never seen NYC emptier than it is right now except when I used to work night shifts at the Post and would leave at 6-7 AM. Even after these orders are lifted, the strain will always be with us much like the flu and other illnesses.

Sadly, many people MUST be scared BEFORE they will then choose to act in a prudent and wise manner.

There are still college kids on Spring Break, acting like nothing is wrong.
There are still many adults going about their lives, mostly the same as they always have.
And they are the ones who are going to make things worse for everybody else.

We're only about 10 days behind Italy.
And frankly, we're not really doing any better of a job with this than they did.
Those urban hospitals, overflowing with untreated patients in the hallways, with doctors having to choose which ones live or die based on their limited supplies - it is coming.

The markets and economy will come back. They always do.
The people who die, many needlessly, because we didn't act soon enough?
- not so much.

War Powers Act.

My grandparents put their lives on hold to gear up to fight Nazi's

We have to gear up building ventilators and temp hospitals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online