Diversity at Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Diversity at Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think maybe, just maybe, as several insiders have hinted, that there were calls/back-channel contacts made to external candidates?

I would be stunned if there weren't.

This board is full of information, but sometimes you have to read between the lines.
I am skeptical, as word was out that Autry was going to be the successor already 1-2 years ago.

Curious to see where this thread goes.
I brought it up because I think it’s a great thing. You hear it all the time that black coaches don’t get a fair shake. Is it because of racism? I personally don’t think that but the msm narrative says so. But whatever the reason I believe they are underrepresented.

I’m not usually one to get into politics, religion, or media narratives but I wanted to point this one out. I think it deserves a little attention.

I brought it up because I think it’s a great thing. You hear it all the time that black coaches don’t get a fair shake. Is it because of racism? I personally don’t think that but the msm narrative says so. But whatever the reason I believe they are underrepresented.

I’m not usually one to get into politics, religion, or media narratives but I wanted to point this one out. I think it deserves a little attention.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not questioning you. I also think it’s a fair conversation to have. But I know it can turn quickly into something else entirely.

Do you think maybe, just maybe, as several insiders have hinted, that there were calls/back-channel contacts made to external candidates?

I would be stunned if there weren't.

This board is full of information, but sometimes you have to read between the lines.

Do you think maybe, just maybe, her real name wasn't "Maybe?" ;):)

I guess you could then say white players don't get a fair shake. We know the very liberal media would never go that route though.

Opinions are welcomed. Not sure biased ones are though.

lol? So you determine which ones are biased and which ones aren't? I think the post I quoted is biased. The whole thread was a terrible idea but of course there's only your biased opinion that is welcomed with it.

Not surprising given that it's a Tuttle thread. He could easily go over to the other side and start hit and run topics over there.

lol? So you determine which ones are biased and which ones aren't? I think the post I quoted is biased.
Obviously you have lots of opinions that need to be aired. Have at it. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

The complicated thing about institutional racism is that it often does not involve individuals acting overtly racist.

Not surprising given that it's a Tuttle thread. He could easily go over to the other side and start hit and run topics over there.

Obviously you have lots of opinions that need to be aired. Have at it. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

By saying what I mean do you mean like calling out how almost every white player on opposing teams are labeled a "nerd", "dork", "stupid white guy hit a 3 again" or other things like that are said on here quite often?

But yes you do the implying of what you think I am for asking a question about player representation. Maybe look in the mirror when implying something like that.

A small portion of the populace whenever diversity is mentioned.

K_5fIP.gif

I know. I know. These conversations are always supposed to be one-sided with no differing opinions.
They can be two sided, the problem is one side tries to claim victimhood out of one side of their mouth when it benefits them and then goes on to yell about merit when the other side suits them better. There should be more black coaches, black players make up 60% of the player base. It doesn't make sense that only ~10% of NCAAB coaches are black.

They can be two sided, the problem is one side tries to claim victimhood out of one side of their mouth when it benefits them and then goes on to yell about merit when the other side suits them better. There should be more black coaches, black players make up 60% of the player base. It doesn't make sense that only ~10% of NCAAB coaches are black.

Seems like it's definitely more than 60% so again maybe we should have more white players then? I guess the right thing to do would go 50% for both players and coaches.

If we're going to call out stuff like this too perhaps we should call out Patrick Ewing for not having one white player on his 7-25 team or Kenny Payne not having a single white player on his 4-28 team. You don't see anyone ever calling out issues like that. It always is one-sided every single time on issues like this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors