Class of 2020 - DL Isaiah Raikes (NJ) Portal from USC to Auburn | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 DL Isaiah Raikes (NJ) Portal from USC to Auburn

So this guy is a house, so I get it. So who becomes odd man out from the three other dline we brought in or do we just run a 4 man rotation with Rykes ?

Oh and edit our effin dline is going to be crushing teams. Other teams will be like "Oh scheeet Fran and Syracuse ain't playin"
Them dudes need some breaks getting double teamed all the time. To have 3 rotating is kinda great thing.

Can Bertrand leave Bama too?

Kidding.. this would be awesome! I thought we needed another experienced DT. Now let’s get another corner (ND transfer?) and I’ll be feeling good about the depth and talent on defense.
Hell yeah

I thought this guy was in line or projected to start at NT, with Bear Alexander next to him as a 3 or 5 tech at USC. Quite a development.
Side note if Fran hits on some of these portal adds, it's gonna put pressure on Autry.

1713028032629.jpeg

OL will be addressed, and no, not everyone needs to be replaced. You add 2 really good starters to that line and it can work wonders.

Wohlabaugh reinjured and back in a boot makes it sound like we aren't starting the season with him in the 1st team OL.

He hasn't reported offers from anyone. But it was suspected we were involved since him and Diggs are pals and he was at A&M.

That always sounds like someone who is waiting for grades to me.

I thought I read an article yesterday that he expected to be ready for camp in the fall?

Broken bones take typically 6 weeks to heal. That's just biology.
But he's a 320 pound guy and the fracture is in his foot.
He lost all of last year, pretty much, to injury.

I don't think we can count on him being ready to start camp in August in the first team offense.
I think it's more likely that he takes a while to get back into shape, and maybe he's back to normal around the start of the actual season, and somebody will likely have been getting 1st team reps while he's been recovering.

Broken bones take typically 6 weeks to heal. That's just biology.
But he's a 320 pound guy and the fracture is in his foot.
He lost all of last year, pretty much, to injury.

I don't think we can count on him being ready to start camp in August in the first team offense.
I think it's more likely that he takes a while to get back into shape, and maybe he's back to normal around the start of the actual season, and somebody will likely have been getting 1st team reps while he's been recovering.
He didn’t get reinjured, he had a follow up procedure. And it’s not his foot. Tibia with some ligament damage.

its the ga wide Wr that had a hairline fracture in his foot.

No, it won't. At all.

But I'd love to hear your reasoning. Although I think I already know what it is.
Sure
So according to most of the fan base Fran Brown can walk on water before coaching a game. If the transfers and recruits are home runs and SU goes say 9-3, that will add pressure for Autry in Year 2 to make the tournament at minimum. If he doesn't people will start asking questions and making comparisons.

I have a good sense of this fan base. I remember in Feb of 21, after a blowout loss at Pitt, I said JB needs to retain the roster and hit on Benny W and have a great season or else the natives will get really restless in 22. He missed on both of those and had his 1st losing season and was a dead man walking/lame duck coach at age 77 by that point.

I see Soo many posters saying "can Autry bring Fran Brown on his recruiting visits?" At first it was tongue in cheek. Now I think the posters that continue to ask that are somewhere between halfway and dead serious.

I see the Dakota Lafew thread. Posters are uneasy with hiring his coach and going through the visit process with him not being locked up and visiting Nova after. Then we read they brought him around to meet Fran Brown. That's great but I doubt during boeheims time they brought recruits to meet Babers, Schafer, Dug Marrone, Grob, PP, etc. It's all interesting.

On Raikes.. this young man would be a massive haul for us. Coach Fran has been consistent that his top priority on DEF is to stop the run. Can't think of a better candidate at his size and experience in the SEC to hold the line of scrimmage in the middle for us. Really hoping we can bring him in!

Sure
So according to most of the fan base Fran Brown can walk on water before coaching a game. If the transfers and recruits are home runs and SU goes say 9-3, that will add pressure for Autry in Year 2 to make the tournament at minimum. If he doesn't people will start asking questions and making comparisons.

I have a good sense of this fan base. I remember in Feb of 21, after a blowout loss at Pitt, I said JB needs to retain the roster and hit on Benny W and have a great season or else the natives will get really restless in 22. He missed on both of those and had his 1st losing season and was a dead man walking/lame duck coach at age 77 by that point.

I see Soo many posters saying "can Autry bring Fran Brown on his recruiting visits?" At first it was tongue in cheek. Now I think the posters that continue to ask that are somewhere between halfway and dead serious.

I see the Dakota Lafew thread. Posters are uneasy with hiring his coach and going through the visit process with him not being locked up and visiting Nova after. Then we read they brought him around to meet Fran Brown. That's great but I doubt during boeheims time they brought recruits to meet Babers, Schafer, Dug Marrone, Grob, PP, etc. It's all interesting.
You are reading way too much on the recruits meeting Fran Brown.

Ok, I'm also not the one reporting it as news development like no destination media twitter account, nor the posters on that thread getting all excited about that detail.

And I just find it interesting that they bring them to football practice. Seemed odd to me but if you can use it as a recruiting tool, all for it. I'm sure Nate Oates might have used Nick Sabans football dominance as a recruiting tool. Game recognize game.

It wasn't long ago the football program used to use the basketball program as a recruiting tool, like bringing recruits to a big Saturday game against Gtown, louisville, Duke or UNC. If both can be valuable the better for both.

And I just find it interesting that they bring them to football practice. Seemed odd to me but if you can use it as a recruiting tool, all for it. I'm sure Nate Oates might have used Nick Sabans football dominance as a recruiting tool. Game recognize game.

It wasn't long ago the football program used to use the basketball program as a recruiting tool, like bringing recruits to a big Saturday game against Gtown, louisville, Duke or UNC. If both can be valuable the better for both.
Yeah, like every year, including this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom