Class of 2020 - DL Isaiah Raikes (NJ) Portal from USC to Auburn | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 DL Isaiah Raikes (NJ) Portal from USC to Auburn

Ok, I'm also not the one reporting it as news development like no destination media twitter account, nor the posters on that thread getting all excited about that detail.
Hey, if Fran helps get us a soccer player or a Lax player, I'm all for it and all in. I just think they were showing these kids around and part of that was the football team practicing. Fran is really in to helping and it went from there. No doubt, the guy will be an asset while he is here.

Hey, if Fran helps get us a soccer player or a Lax player, I'm all for it and all in. I just think they were showing these kids around and part of that was the football team practicing. Fran is really in to helping and it went from there. No doubt, the guy will be an asset while he is here.
FLJ and the women's team were there also.

He didn’t get reinjured, he had a follow up procedure. And it’s not his foot. Tibia with some ligament damage.

its the ga wide Wr that had a hairline fracture in his foot.

OK, sorry. Thanks.

Sure
So according to most of the fan base Fran Brown can walk on water before coaching a game. If the transfers and recruits are home runs and SU goes say 9-3, that will add pressure for Autry in Year 2 to make the tournament at minimum. If he doesn't people will start asking questions and making comparisons.

I have a good sense of this fan base. I remember in Feb of 21, after a blowout loss at Pitt, I said JB needs to retain the roster and hit on Benny W and have a great season or else the natives will get really restless in 22. He missed on both of those and had his 1st losing season and was a dead man walking/lame duck coach at age 77 by that point.

I see Soo many posters saying "can Autry bring Fran Brown on his recruiting visits?" At first it was tongue in cheek. Now I think the posters that continue to ask that are somewhere between halfway and dead serious.

I see the Dakota Lafew thread. Posters are uneasy with hiring his coach and going through the visit process with him not being locked up and visiting Nova after. Then we read they brought him around to meet Fran Brown. That's great but I doubt during boeheims time they brought recruits to meet Babers, Schafer, Dug Marrone, Grob, PP, etc. It's all interesting.
1713100609110.gif

Sure
So according to most of the fan base Fran Brown can walk on water before coaching a game. If the transfers and recruits are home runs and SU goes say 9-3, that will add pressure for Autry in Year 2 to make the tournament at minimum. If he doesn't people will start asking questions and making comparisons.

I have a good sense of this fan base. I remember in Feb of 21, after a blowout loss at Pitt, I said JB needs to retain the roster and hit on Benny W and have a great season or else the natives will get really restless in 22. He missed on both of those and had his 1st losing season and was a dead man walking/lame duck coach at age 77 by that point.

I see Soo many posters saying "can Autry bring Fran Brown on his recruiting visits?" At first it was tongue in cheek. Now I think the posters that continue to ask that are somewhere between halfway and dead serious.

I see the Dakota Lafew thread. Posters are uneasy with hiring his coach and going through the visit process with him not being locked up and visiting Nova after. Then we read they brought him around to meet Fran Brown. That's great but I doubt during boeheims time they brought recruits to meet Babers, Schafer, Dug Marrone, Grob, PP, etc. It's all interesting.
Heck during the Jims last 5 years recruits were lucky if they got to meet Jim let alone a coach from another team,

The thing that gets me about Raikes as he has been in the portal twice now and no solid report on actually being offered. Just seems weird to me, From NJ and played at A&M for Coach ERob, you would have thought they would have offered him originally. Who knows? Love to have the kid but it doesn't seem like there is two way interest at this point but these things change in a heartbeat with Coach Fran.

The thing that gets me about Raikes as he has been in the portal twice now and no solid report on actually being offered. Just seems weird to me, From NJ and played at A&M for Coach ERob, you would have thought they would have offered him originally. Who knows? Love to have the kid but it doesn't seem like there is two way interest at this point but these things change in a heartbeat with Coach Fran.

The absence of commitable offers is almost always because the school is waiting for grades.

The absence of commitable offers is almost always because the school is waiting for grades.
I hope whatever it is that it's minor and we get him. Even tho it's different than Hastings, I just have the same want feeling.

Right.

And a pure NT, who might not be a three-down player. I'm not suggesting he wouldn't help us, but maybe the staff knows what he is, and liked who they got via the portal more.

Just speculating.

Right.

And a pure NT, who might not be a three-down player. I'm not suggesting he wouldn't help us, but maybe the staff knows what he is, and liked who they got via the portal more.

Just speculating.
Yeah interest is a two way street as well, seems like one side has never been interested. Never an offer reported could be a number of things. Who knows? You would think given the coaches we have, where he is from and who he played for and with at A&M that there would at least be an offer a visit or something. Just seems weird.

I mean going to a school as a 5th year senior/ grad transfer and leaving a couple months later isn't a great look either, even in this era of college football.

Yeah interest is a two way street as well, seems like one side has never been interested. Never an offer reported could be a number of things. Who knows? You would think given the coaches we have, where he is from and who he played for and with at A&M that there would at least be an offer a visit or something. Just seems weird.

I mean going to a school as a 5th year senior and leaving a couple months later isn't a great look either, even in this era of college football.

Setting that aside, the kid is obviously talented, to land at USC,, after playing at A&M. So I don't question his "value" as a prospect that's a proven commodity.

I question the fit. Not suggesting that he can't play, but the coaching staff might view him as being too one-dimensional. That's what I'm guessing it is -- not a referendum on the kid's ability.

Setting that aside, the kid is obviously talented, to land at USC,, after playing at A&M. So I don't question his "value" as a prospect that's a proven commodity.

I question the fit. Not suggesting that he can't play, but the coaching staff might view him as being too one-dimensional. That's what I'm guessing it is -- not a referendum on the kid's ability.
Agreed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom