Class of 2021 DL Jaelin Moss (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/30/20)

JackBauer44

2018 Cali Winner: Receiving Yards
I watched this cat’s video earlier yesterday. I’m guessing he has not made it to a lot of eval camps, because he’s going to end up a three star player.

Good size for a high school DT. Will end up playing a 0 on the 3-3-5 DL. Quick assessment - gets off the ball FAST. Shows good hands as well. He straight up bullied some centers in his film. Showed a good swim move, a spin move, and really good hips. Improved strength and conditioning, he’s going to end up 300 plus and a really great piece in the middle. Really excited that he’s a local kid too. We need a good rochester player to make some noise and get us in on the talented kids that come out of there.

Great find by the staff

Nick44

Starter
To those who know NYS recruiting well...how does Jaelin Moss compare to Jarron Jones?

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
Really happy to see the staff recruiting upstate NY like this. We have a lot of raw athletes like Jaelin that might not be ready to go as a true frosh, but are tough and hard working blue collar types that will get the job done over time.

Yep, exactly the type of kid that will need a year or two but has all the physical tools that you like to see at the position.

SU94

Starter
SU players from Buffalo, Rochester, Albany, Binghamton and Syracuse are special, if only for the fanbase, family and the player. Their playing time is and should always be merit based, but there is a connectivity with the fans and the program (long term) that can be of benefit. I hope the talent in NYS continues to rise and that some of the local kids, like Jaelin, give SU a serious look to playing at "home."

I also hope that collectively, local coaches understand this and put aside their own biases, which I sense (from afar) too often come into play. I always wonder why so many local coaches are happy to arrange for their kids to play FBS and D3 at Cornell, Ithaca, Albany, Hobart, Buff State, Colgate, but if a P5 caliber student-athlete comes along, he is directed toward the B10 or down south.

Obviously, I am painting with a broad brush here, which is not fair, but just an observational theme gained over the last 20-25 years. And yes, some of this blame is on the SU football program and its head coaches. But let's remember, SU football is P5. It's all right here.

Very excited to see Jaelin play in the coming years. Welcome!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom