Class of 2021 - DL Jaelin Moss (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/30/20) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DL Jaelin Moss (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/30/20)

All those guys were lightly recruited. Effort has nothing to do with it. There's only a small amount of these kids and the factories grab all the good ones. We take the raw ability and have to hope we can coach it up.
But I will say we CAN find effective ones even when all the best recruits at that position have been taken. And we have found NFL caliber ones at that

Bad timing for Keith that the McNabb kid came along when he did.
Most definitely. If he was in today's game he would have grad transferred after 3 years and had two years to play. He made out pretty well being a doctor and all.

Great to hear! Almost like someone from the Rochester market has taken a vested interest in encouraging local media to prioritize their Orange coverage!

There's no reason they can't root for the Bills and the Orange!

Wouldn’t be shocked to see PSU or ND sniffing around this kid. He moves very well for somebody his size. Really hoping this kid sticks with us. Probably my favorite commit so far.

Posted in a free article on one of the recruiting sites:

--Syracuse commit Jaelin Moss of Fairport (N.Y.) High debuts with an 85. He is powerful and dominates the way he should at the school just outside Rochester, N.Y.

So, no one has any information on why his didn't arrive today?

Does he need to do some heavy academic work to get qualified?

If he is so sure on Cuse do we know why he is not signing early? Waiting until last possible moment in case Syracuse has any coaching changes...which I wouldn't fault a player for even though that is extremely unlikely to happen at this point? Are we telling him to hold off because of Academic work he needs to take care of?

Assuming we do bring in Moss I really like these DL signings, even with the loss of Hayden. Its a good group with I think Moss and Geer at both of the DE positions and Fuentes and Lockett at the DT position. I would guess all will be ready to contribute fairly early on considering they are bigs on the DL. I think each should be able to add a bit more of necessary weight and strength by the time they are in the rotation. And we will need them to be heavy contributors as early as the '22 season.

I'm curious to see how they use the freed up Hayden scholly. I would guess they add another Big on the D-Line in some way, which will probably need to be an immediate contributor if McKinley doesn't come back. If Bear does come back though I wouldn't mind bringing in a CB in this class as I think we are kind of thin there. You have to think there is a good chance Melifonwu will not be back in '22.

I think we really did a nice job addressing quality depth on both lines in this class which is huge! Sets a good base to build upon for a nice future.

If he is so sure on Cuse do we know why he is not signing early? Waiting until last possible moment in case Syracuse has any coaching changes...which I wouldn't fault a player for even though that is extremely unlikely to happen at this point? Are we telling him to hold off because of Academic work he needs to take care of?
It could be for many reasons. Couple years ago NCAA said you can only sign 25 incoming student athletes. If you sign someone and they do not meet the academic requirements, SU loses that scholarship opportunity. So, at that point they can only sign 24. If another player does the same, then they can only sign 23, and so on...

There have been a couple players who signed in February the past couple years and this was the reason why each time. Everything appears that Moss is coming to SU.

The regular signing day is in Feb anyway. Maybe he wants to be the only guy signing then?

So he is not signed? This thread says he is.

Assuming we do bring in Moss I really like these DL signings, even with the loss of Hayden. Its a good group with I think Moss and Geer at both of the DE positions and Fuentes and Lockett at the DT position. I would guess all will be ready to contribute fairly early on considering they are bigs on the DL. I think each should be able to add a bit more of necessary weight and strength by the time they are in the rotation. And we will need them to be heavy contributors as early as the '22 season.

I'm curious to see how they use the freed up Hayden scholly. I would guess they add another Big on the D-Line in some way, which will probably need to be an immediate contributor if McKinley doesn't come back. If Bear does come back though I wouldn't mind bringing in a CB in this class as I think we are kind of thin there. You have to think there is a good chance Melifonwu will not be back in '22.

I think we really did a nice job addressing quality depth on both lines in this class which is huge! Sets a good base to build upon for a nice future.

Usually when this happens and you are not hearing about other schools trying to poach someone, it's because they need to pass a class or two at the end of the semester to have enough credits to be admitted to college. Same thing happens in football in the spring. Some kids need to pass a class or two to become elgibile.