Class of 2021 - DL Jaelin Moss (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/30/20) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DL Jaelin Moss (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/30/20)

Usually when this happens and you are not hearing about other schools trying to poach someone, it's because they need to pass a class or two at the end of the semester to have enough credits to be admitted to college. Same thing happens in football in the spring. Some kids need to pass a class or two to become elgibile.
Since these boards popped up some 20 years ago, I am not sure we have ever had a recruiting class without at least one DL with eligibility/qualification issues.

It is our most enduring recruiting tradition.

Bottom line, DL are the scarcest commodity in college football.

If they have the size and the athletic ability to be really good, their grades are probably really bad. You almost have to take chances on one or two to get enough players on your roster to fill out the DL spots.

This is why we have one legit DT on our entire roster right now (and he might not be coming back).

Last edited:
Why get worked up about it?
Who's getting worked up? Just asking a question. I'm going to guess he is solid with us but there are some grades/classes issues. If so, that is slightly concerning as it means there is at least some possibility he doesn't make it here unless he takes care of business. It would be a large blow if he didn't as he is a talented individual and a large need as he is an explosive bigger bodied Def lineman. Keep your nose to the grindstone young man. Looking forward to seeing you in Orange.

Last edited:
So he is not signed? This thread says he is.
He's not. And it doesn't.

Total crickets on this guy? Doesn't have a good feeling to it, does it?
Thinking the same thing for we haven’t had much success signing the few Rochester NY recruits that have P5 or G5 talent.

I wrote this one off on early signing day. When there’s just one, it’s usually for a (bad) reason.

I look at situations like this as a nice bonus if it works out. Then I’m never disappointed. And I gotta tell ya, it feels phenomenal.

Could also be that he wanted to see how the staff shook out and that there were not any major changes that impacted him. If I recall correctly he is a relative of Arthur and Chandler Jones.

Non qualifiers now count against a schools 25 recruit limit... it might be the reason Jalin hasn't signed ...

I wrote this one off on early signing day. When there’s just one, it’s usually for a (bad) reason.

I look at situations like this as a nice bonus if it works out. Then I’m never disappointed. And I gotta tell ya, it feels phenomenal.
The perks of not rooting for dynasties. The losses don't hurt much and the wins feel amazing.

There seems to be very little excitement, buzz or news about tomorrow.

How many signees are expected? Chase Simmons? Jakob Bradford? Willie Tyler (name?) from Texas?

Also we keep waiting on the Portal, but when?

Anyone hearing anything?

If grades are an issue, which I believe is the deal here, I think with the NEW covid rules, the final day to sign an LOI is August 1st.

Moss has been committed to Syracuse since last spring, but did not sign in December. I've had several questions on his status over the last few days. I am not expecting him to sign on Wednesday. It is important to know that a recruit does not need to sign a National Letter of Intent. Moss could absolutely not sign and join Syracuse, or another program, over the summer. Regardless, he is not expected to sign with the Orange on Wednesday.

Well, that sucks.

Wonder what the issue is.

Well, that sucks.

Wonder what the issue is.

Just a guess on my part ... grades?

If he signs and doesn't qualify, we lose the scholarship for a year.

He has until August 1 to officially sign an NLI.

And he can still enroll without signing anytime. He could be a late add like Bromley.

Depends on if Dino holds a slot for him or not.