Class of 2021 - DL Jared Verse (PA) Transferring from Albany to FSU | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DL Jared Verse (PA) Transferring from Albany to FSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, is "The Epiphany" like a sudden revelation that it is time to take the Christmas decorations down? Asking for a friend.

Gold, frankincense, and myrrh.

Don’t think it’ll be us but decision should come today
Why did you think the decision would come today (now that today is over)?

Why did you think the decision would come today (now that today is over)?
He had told some of the staffs that he was expecting to make decision Tuesday evening or Wednesday at latest

It’s been this way for years. Now it’s just more transparent.
No offense, M2B, but this is probably my least favorite response/explanation for the issue. If it was always so, something needed to be done about it. Putting it out in the open is no solution. (And if the issue is letting players make money - which I disagree with, BTW. But that’s a different discussion.) Then let’s put it completely out in the open. Let’s call it what it is… income. Let’s make players responsible. Let’s evaluate whether or not playing football at a major institution of higher learning should require players to take part in the education part of the process. Let’s figure out what this is and not just keep kicking this can down the road.

I have always had a little bit of hope that SU could land a big time player that was highly recruited and give the fans a big boost to future seasons. Now with the NIL (even if it has been going on in the SEC) it just puts a final nail in the coffin that SU can compete with state schools. SU can still have that "once in a generation" team like Cincy had this year but, for the most part the goal should be winning the ACC division title and play for an ACC championship.

If the kid has great NIL opportunities at other schools, good for him. No one knows his family situation, no one knows their financials, no one knows if someone needs medical care. I bet all these posters on here saying he shouldn’t choose a school BC NIL is out of control are people who have never played college sports. Pick the school where you can benefit from playing the sport you deserve compensation for Jared

I have always had a little bit of hope that SU could land a big time player that was highly recruited and give the fans a big boost to future seasons. Now with the NIL (even if it has been going on in the SEC) it just puts a final nail in the coffin that SU can compete with state schools. SU can still have that "once in a generation" team like Cincy had this year but, for the most part the goal should be winning the ACC division title and play for an ACC championship.

The goal should be bowl games at this point, start there. Cinci wasn't built in a day

I know i know this is a thread about Jared Verse.. I will stop now

If the kid has great NIL opportunities at other schools, good for him. No one knows his family situation, no one knows their financials, no one knows if someone needs medical care. I bet all these posters on here saying he shouldn’t choose a school BC NIL is out of control are people who have never played college sports. Pick the school where you can benefit from playing the sport you deserve compensation for Jared
No one here has said that he shouldn't take an NIL. The point has been that SU will not have the same NIL value.

Not surprised by that either, I could see it going either way

But yeah, seems to be all signs are pointing to FSU

Well, when you have the opportunity to go to a program that hasn't had a winning season since 2017,
and is currently on it's 4th Head Coach (includes the Interim dude after Taggart got the axe) in that period of time -
who himself very likely will get canned himself if he doesn't win this upcoming season -

well, you just have to take it!

(and yeah, I get that Syracuse isn't resoundingly better, but we did have that 10 win season, AND only 1 HC in that same timeframe)

Ok, well since we need to keep the talk about Verse...and not about the places he may go because of NIL...how would Verse fit in on a Syracuse DL in 2022?

He starts on Day one obviously. I know he can rush the passer, but how are his run stopping skills?

Well, when you have the opportunity to go to a program that hasn't had a winning season since 2017,
and is currently on it's 4th Head Coach (includes the Interim dude after Taggart got the axe) in that period of time -
who himself very likely will get canned himself if he doesn't win this upcoming season -

well, you just have to take it!

(and yeah, I get that Syracuse isn't resoundingly better, but we did have that 10 win season, AND only 1 HC in that same timeframe)
I'm sure there was some negative recruiting going on against SU by Fla St. Probably telling him that DB won't be there next year so all the coaches will be fired. who knows......:mad:

Not sure I understand your response to his statement
I don't either. I thought i was responding to a different post questioning why FSU needs to recruit a player from Albany when there is so much talent in Florida.

Ok, well since we need to keep the talk about Verse...and not about the places he may go because of NIL...how would Verse fit in on a Syracuse DL in 2022?

He starts on Day one obviously. I know he can rush the passer, but how are his run stopping skills?
Any chance we are thinking about putting him at one of the LB spots, with pass rushing duties as well?

Winning is the elixir that will allow us to recruit the type of talent we need to be a top level team. I am still hopeful that we land Jared and if we do so that enhances our ability to win!
Go Orange

I don't either. I thought i was responding to a different post questioning why FSU needs to recruit a player from Albany when there is so much talent in Florida.
99690BA1-8788-4E33-8BA4-13F8EBCEDEF9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.