Class of 2022 - DL Kevin Jobity (NY) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (2/2/22) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 DL Kevin Jobity (NY) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (2/2/22)

Saw this. 2022 DE at Maryvale HS, Buffalo NY. No offer yet.

6-4 255, per his HUDL profile.

I wonder if they project him inside instead of at DE.

Encouraging development. Would be nice to snag a WNY kid that has potential.

He was just named 2nd team class B all state. From Cheektowaga. Has 20 offers. Looks like so far, Army is the best one.

He was just named 2nd team class B all state. From Cheektowaga.

Took a look at his film.

He had 25 TFL and 7 sacks his senior season. Really quick. Strong too. Would be a DE for us. I think he has a really high ceiling.

He sounds like a reach to me. Unless SU is trying to make some inroads in western NY. I don’t see it. Second team Class B in New York is questionable.
6-4 255, looks pretty athletic. Probably minimal coaching compared to most areas of the country. There’s room on the roster with potential high return reaches

6-4 255, looks pretty athletic. Probably minimal coaching compared to most areas of the country. There’s room on the roster with potential high return reaches
Yes, I wound much rather take my chances on a kid like this than take another 6’3 210 ‘DE’ from Florida who never gains any weight, never plays and drops out after 2 seasons. We have seen too much of those types.

Yes, I wound much rather take my chances on a kid like this than take another 6’3 210 ‘DE’ from Florida who never gains any weight, never plays and drops out after 2 seasons. We have seen too much of those types.
Touché my friend. You take more risks on “sleeper” prospects with the right size that are close to cuse. You might get your next chandler jones (that’s a long shot but you get my point)

I watched this young mans highlights last night and paused a lot of them to watch his off the snap reactions and how well he fought off double team blocking to me he looks to have ( potential ) at 6'4 250 he seems to carry ( good ) weight with room to get bigger stronger and faster, also his highlights were against ( several ) teams not just 1 or 2 . He played both ways and some special teams which was impressive to me, ( If ) we offer this kid a scholarship ( publicly ) you can bet other schools will want to get in involved.

This is the point that I've been trying to get at but haven't quite got there. The talent in almost all of these other states where football is a much bigger thing than in New York has been evaluated by dozens of professional scouts. Every player there is quantified and there is very little chance at getting a great talent that slips past them. The players in New York are almost not evaluated at all compared to the players in those states. There is a much higher chance of getting a truly great player out of this type of lightly recruiting terrain than getting a 3 star guy out of the gone over regions.

With the limited number of scholarships available, and the potential for more players to be available through the portal as spring ball comes and goes, I'd be hesitant at this time to throw an offer his way. PWO? No problem. If he's willing to wait things out awhile and let things play out, that's probably best for SU at the moment.

With the limited number of scholarships available, and the potential for more players to be available through the portal as spring ball comes and goes, I'd be hesitant at this time to throw an offer his way. PWO? No problem. If he's willing to wait things out awhile and let things play out, that's probably best for SU at the moment.
There’s 85 scholarships. Plenty of room

started playing last year? Yeah, sign him up. Can’t teach size. Development program, get a player to coach up that has the physical attributes you are looking for.
I’m all in on offering him a Scholly. We need more in state players (I know NY will never produce crazy amount of D1 players I get it) but this is a kid who has the intangibles and a bloodline of athleticism clearly. Put him in the weight room and let him learn for 2 years and I would be curious to see what he becomes. Simply said ITS WORTH THE RISK. Get him before other P5 programs get to him. As said in the article WVU has reached out. Time to close the deal January 28