Class of 2022 - DL Kevin Jobity (NY) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (2/2/22) | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 DL Kevin Jobity (NY) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (2/2/22)

His HS football coach saw him in the hallway and talked him into it. Sounds like the only reason Kevin was willing to give it a shot was because COVID had pushed football into being a spring sport last year. He played soccer in the fall.

He reluctantly gave football a shot and experienced immediate success. So much that he decided to play football instead of soccer his senior season.

This all happened in the past 12 months. If it wasn’t for COVID, he never would have given football a try.

Awesome story, Nice to something good that happened because of this awful disease.

I'm trying to imagine the fear that was inspired by seeing a 6' 4" 250-ish player sprinting at you on the soccer field.

Jobity reminds me of another kid from a small NY high school who was barely recruited who will be playing in ProBowl this weekend and has a Super Bowl ring- Ali Marpet. Since my son was close friends with Ali's older brother I have watched Ali play sports since he was in middle school. He was a big and athletic and even quit playing football for a year in order to focus on basketball and look how it worked out for him. (I always thought he was going to end up playing D3 basketball since 6'4" power forwards don't play D1.)
Jobity seem to have the same positive attitude and athletic upside. I will be rooting for him.

Jobity reminds me of another kid from a small NY high school who was barely recruited who will be playing in ProBowl this weekend and has a Super Bowl ring- Ali Marpet. Since my son was close friends with Ali's older brother I have watched Ali play sports since he was in middle school. He was a big and athletic and even quit playing football for a year in order to focus on basketball and look how it worked out for him. (I always thought he was going to end up playing D3 basketball since 6'4" power forwards don't play D1.)
Jobity seem to have the same positive attitude and athletic upside. I will be rooting for him.
If Jobity has the same growth curve as Marpet (240 to 300 without losing any burst/twitch/etc), I'm all for it!

Chenango Valley (Section 4) colors, and the name of a local tavern in Binghamton...wonder if he spent time in Binghamton.

Yeah no way this isn’t tied to CV and Uncles

Small world, hope he does well

Speaking of Binghamton for those that know it- was surprised with a gift card to Cortese from our neighbor for the wife watching their kids recently. If you know, you know
Played golf at BU. Lived on Schubert, Mozart and Murray St. Uncle tonys Wings (cant believe they closed) still goes down as a top 2 wing for me. So yes I know. Best 4 years of my life.

But to stay on track, I think this kid is going to work harder than everyone to prove his worth. Love the gamble

Speaking of Binghamton for those that know it- was surprised with a gift card to Cortese from our neighbor for the wife watching their kids recently. If you know, you know
Stacks up to any pizza I’ve had anywhere. And I lived in NYC for 10+ years.

Stacks up to any pizza I’ve had anywhere. And I lived in NYC for 10+ years.

No doubt. Can't go very wrong with a Nirchis or Vestal Bakery slice either.

Mind you even though i live in the area again it's been a good 7 years since going to the VB.

Absolutely loved Cortese all through my 40 years living in Broome County. Have the Festa Corrado for me!

Played golf at BU. Lived on Schubert, Mozart and Murray St. Uncle tonys Wings (cant believe they closed) still goes down as a top 2 wing for me. So yes I know. Best 4 years of my life.

But to stay on track, I think this kid is going to work harder than everyone to prove his worth. Love the gamble
Good friend of mine was inducted in the BU Hall of Fame as a golfer!

Isn’t the Binghamton area famous for three distinct types of pizza? I was privileged to eat a Cortese pizza about 25 years ago

Last edited:
Up to a three star on ESPN and 14th in NYS overall.

Attachments

• A5BE6F41-3BE8-48F7-BC77-6F59E0101EEB.jpeg
    A5BE6F41-3BE8-48F7-BC77-6F59E0101EEB.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 98