Class of 2023 - DL Rashard Perry (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (4/9/22) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 DL Rashard Perry (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (4/9/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not worried. This staff's record of holding on to commits is excellent.

I can see a school like temple thinking ahead and offering a committed kid on the chance he ends up portaling in couple of years.

I can see a school like temple thinking ahead and offering a committed kid on the chance he ends up portaling in couple of years.
This is about relationship building far more than it ever has been now with the portal. To your point, a lot of these kids will get re-recruited and nothing like the “remember us” to get your foot in the door.

FWIW, #27 looks like he is about to drop into the fetal position.

#72. DT, RASHARD PERRY, BENNETT HS, BUFFALO, NY 2024
6’ 3” 243, DL 480, BP 260, SQ 400/ 123 TACKLES, 24 SACKS 25 TACKLES FOR LOSS '22 NYS LEADER IN SACKS
ASSETS:
SIZE
STRENGTH
MOBILITY/AGILITY/ SPEED, est. 4.6 – 4.7 40 >COMMITTED TO SU<
TACKLING ABILITY - Coached extremely well to this point

Always in backfield destroying the play by either tackling the QB or RB. This is a player who does not need excess time in the weight room but he'll be there.

Wait…

Was he recruited as DL, Edge or LB?

He’s already LB sized, college or pro.

What’s he projecting towards?

This kid has some crazy upside from what we’re used to seeing
TrueBlue25
I was waiting for someone to ask what you did before I commented so thanks for asking.

Rashard has been one of my favorite recruits since I began evaluating the top 25 in sutomcats Top NYS Best Prospects 2023 in which he has 151 players listed.

I reviewed each of the TOP TEN's film at least 5 times and was struck by the fact that of the top 12, 8 had SU offers which is important to SU. We have to retain the states best players going forward to keep the best staying here. There is a difference in our recruiting this year, I believe, to offer the best and recruit them hard - we'll see if it begins to make a difference.

As far as Rashard goes, it will of course depend on the coaches and his ability a year from now as to where he is most effective as a defensive player. To look at him makes me feel good. All SU recruits should come in like he does all muscle and strength. He's quick and fast. I estimated his forty time at 4.6 - 4.7 which is fast but I think he should try, over the next few years, and lower that to a 4.4 high. That's easier said than done but he's aggressive and wants to be the best. He's already got the size of a NFL linebacker, (avg. 6' 2" 245), but the best there are running 4.4's and so are DE's.

IMO, he's right for a LB or Edge rusher although more speed would help him. Freeney ran a 4.48 and was the fastest edge ever unless it's been broken. IMO, I don't think trying to turn him into a DT would be the right way to go. He'd have to gain too much weight and is so successful now it just seems that a 30 - 40 pound weight gain would slow him or make him uncomfortable. We'll see what the coaches come up with.

In his own words: "The 3-3-5 system, there's a lot of aggression that plays into it," Perry said. "The main thing they want us to do is just get to the ball (edit) faster. I'm happy for it. I'm thrilled for that. I can still show my skills with my hands and such. They just want me to play with extreme aggression and speed when I go down there."

I hope I am right keeping him where he is but there's room for lots of other opinions.

TrueBlue25
I was waiting for someone to ask what you did before I commented so thanks for asking.

Rashard has been one of my favorite recruits since I began evaluating the top 25 in sutomcats Top NYS Best Prospects 2023 in which he has 151 players listed.

I reviewed each of the TOP TEN's film at least 5 times and was struck by the fact that of the top 12, 8 had SU offers which is important to SU. We have to retain the states best players going forward to keep the best staying here. There is a difference in our recruiting this year, I believe, to offer the best and recruit them hard - we'll see if it begins to make a difference.

As far as Rashard goes, it will of course depend on the coaches and his ability a year from now as to where he is most effective as a defensive player. To look at him makes me feel good. All SU recruits should come in like he does all muscle and strength. He's quick and fast. I estimated his forty time at 4.6 - 4.7 which is fast but I think he should try, over the next few years, and lower that to a 4.4 high. That's easier said than done but he's aggressive and wants to be the best. He's already got the size of a NFL linebacker, (avg. 6' 2" 245), but the best there are running 4.4's and so are DE's.

IMO, he's right for a LB or Edge rusher although more speed would help him. Freeney ran a 4.48 and was the fastest edge ever unless it's been broken. IMO, I don't think trying to turn him into a DT would be the right way to go. He'd have to gain too much weight and is so successful now it just seems that a 30 - 40 pound weight gain would slow him or make him uncomfortable. We'll see what the coaches come up with.

In his own words: "The 3-3-5 system, there's a lot of aggression that plays into it," Perry said. "The main thing they want us to do is just get to the ball (edit) faster. I'm happy for it. I'm thrilled for that. I can still show my skills with my hands and such. They just want me to play with extreme aggression and speed when I go down there."

I hope I am right keeping him where he is but there's room for lots of other opinions.

I'm almost 4 decades old. Not sure there will ever be another Freeney but this gent certainly gives those vibes.

Not just raw physical attributes but vision to see, and mental fortitude to digest and act on plays lightning quick. These players rarely exist north of the mason dixon in high school.

Syracuse competing in the ACC means bringing Buffalo and Niagara back into the fold.

Big time athletes with the edge we need.

A HS Senior... Lmao

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220626-125128_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220626-125128_Instagram.jpg
    832.7 KB · Views: 154
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824