Class of 2023 - DL Rashard Perry (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (4/9/22) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 DL Rashard Perry (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (4/9/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping thread to remind folks just how big this guy is, how he has added weight up to 265 (maybe higher at this point) and how huge it has to be for Syracuse playing so well and keeping a guy like this in the fold. Can't wait to see what devastation this guy unleashes next year.

Maybe he'll wind up playing next to Josh Hough.

Seen him play live. He is an absolute beast. He fits our scheme well. He hasnt updated his hudl but I saw this game on you tube.

Those center's have no chance to block him. Kid looks to have a NFL body already.

Only thing i don't like is how often his helmet falls off. He may need to cut that hair. Hopefully he isn't like Samson.

Those center's have no chance to block him. Kid looks to have a NFL body already.

Only thing i don't like is how often his helmet falls off. He may need to cut that hair. Hopefully he isn't like Samson.
On a semi related topic, I think that is why Shrader's helmet tends to come off more easily. He doesn't get a tight fit with his chin strap because of that beard.

Wow! He's going to come in Day 1 and contribute at every spot along the DL. How exciting.
let's not get crazy. I recall a linebacker during the shafer era that was a physical freak but it didn't translate on the field.

He's gotta show it on the college level first.

let's not get crazy. I recall a linebacker during the shafer era that was a physical freak but it didn't translate on the field.

I understand what you are saying but i will add there is more of a mental demand at LB and how fast your process the information as opposed to playing DL in our scheme. DL seems much more of a, this defensive call tells me to shoot this gap and make a play.

I think that may have been a contributing factor in the other case.

His brother grew to 6'-1" and 298 lbs for whatever that's worth. I see him playing DT more than DE in our scheme but probably has some position flexibility.

Kevon Perry - Football - Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns
And his brother was 6'-1" and 273 lbs his freshman year at JUCO. Which i'm guessing may be kind of close to the weight that Rashard comes in at.

Kind of how it works and goes without saying but it's OK to be upbeat about his future here at Syracuse

I understand what you are saying but i will add there is more of a mental demand at LB and how fast your process the information as opposed to playing DL in our scheme. DL seems much more of a, this defensive call tells me to shoot this gap and make a play.

I think that may have been a contributing factor in the other case.

On the field stuff wasn't what stopped that particular LB.

Found this, I just can't get over this dudes size lol. He's 17!

*There is a interview video in the article*
"A two-way player on the line, Perry finished his junior campaign with 123 solo tackles, 22 tackles for loss and 24 sacks which racked up 175 sack yards, over 100 more than the next highest player in Western New York."

Crazy stats. besides the big play sacks and TFL's, 123 solo tackles for a DT is ridiculous. And always love to see a DT that's able to dunk a basketball.

Article in today's Buffalo News about Rashard Perry

In response to some posts above, Rashard is 6"3", weighs 265# and deadlifts 505#.

In response to some posts above, Rashard is 6"3", weighs 265# and deadlifts 505#.
Love driven kids like this. Its interesting to me that he has a brother Kevon (2017 HS Class) who was 273 lbs his freshman year of college and played at 298 lbs his senior year. But also has a brother D'Jae (2020 HS Class) who was a 5'-10" 189 lbs RB and LB in high school according to hid hudl. Apparently there are 6 siblings according to Kevon's college bio.

If the other side has a 505 pound quarterback, this is the guy we want.

As I said Brick...Schlit...House. He is going to be fun to watch as he slams o-lines in the ACC. Thanks for sharing the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom