Class of 2023 - DL Will Norman (NJ) Portal from Marshall | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 DL Will Norman (NJ) Portal from Marshall

I think they clearly like Watson. But I think the two prospects are mutually exclusive.

Sounds like Norman did something on his visit that put the new coaching staff off.
Again where are the second chances?

I think they clearly like Watson. But I think the two prospects are mutually exclusive.

Sounds like Norman did something on his visit that put the new coaching staff off.
I know it will never come out and that’s fine, but definitely curious what he could have done or said that turned the staff off.

Again where are the second chances?
Depends what happened, I would think. There is a difference between your spouse/significant other kissing somebody else and them sleeping with someone else. They're both "wrong" but one is more likely to end a "commitment" than the other.

Or, as CuseLegacy alluded to below, maybe it's like proposing to your significant other, and they look at the ring with a:

images

Last edited:
Just a guess but there may have been an impasse on NIL.

Yup. That was/is my read on it too.

And - as I said prior, maybe this is similar to Jesse Edwards situation, where things were supposedly nailed down, but then somebody from the player's camp kept shopping him around for more $.

We may never find out.

Regardless, I totally trust this staff's collective judgement regarding players they do, and do not want.

If it is nil maybe some other collective threw out a number that changed his potential commit. Maybe it’s real or it could fall through and a tries to circle back.

Two things: this is the first portal cycle and a staff as deep in the recruiting intelligence as ours knows about other dudes and likely wants to maximize who we get. Second and I can’t overstate this enough but these guys are not going to put awkward culture fits in place. They are willing to make tough decisions on talented guys.

Two things: this is the first portal cycle and a staff as deep in the recruiting intelligence as ours knows about other dudes and likely wants to maximize who we get. Second and I can’t overstate this enough but these guys are not going to put awkward culture fits in place. They are willing to make tough decisions on talented guys.
Translation - shyd got weird, ain't nobody got time for that.

How? Guys who get NIL have some type of production or accolades.
Money I was thinking it makes sense because the staff and player/family could have different valuations around what he is worth or it could be between McCord, Diggs, Haynes and current Nil allocations we don't have enough Nil available. Simply put, I could understand dollars in this day and age causing an impasse.

Money I was thinking it makes sense because the staff and player/family could have different valuations around what he is worth or it could be between McCord, Diggs, Haynes and current Nil allocations we don't have enough Nil available. Simply put, I could understand dollars in this day and age causing an impasse.
What is his worth? He didnt make the depth chart on a bad Florida team. Rashard Perry is worth more than him.

My understanding is we reach out to these kids and invite them up with the intent to offer. But you get a chance to kick the tires and get to know each other and make sure it’s a good fit.

Seems to reason, sometimes the player is disappointed, sometimes the staff is disappointed.

This feels like one of those times. And if indeed the staff backed off, that is the absolute best news possible.

It means the staff is being selective and not compromising. In recruiting, you compromise when you have too, I don’t think this staff thinks they have to.

It reminds me of the classic Bill Cosby (cringe, I know) line when disciplining his kids. “I brought you into this world and I’ll take you out if it, and I’ll make another one that looks just you.”

Last edited:
What is his worth? He didnt make the depth chart on a bad Florida team. Rashard Perry is worth more than him.
I don't know and I agree I love what Perry will bring. So you said in another note it's not Nil. Again thanks for the data point. I was responding to CL who thought maybe it was Nil related. If you know it is not Nil related then great. I have no idea what he is worth to answer your question but if the father thought he was worth something and Fran didn't think he was then that would be a possible Nil issue? Just guessing here.

Have no issue with all this except you know this before extending the invitation to him for the official visit and spending thousands of dollars on him. 'Hey Will come on up so you can see us treat everyone else like a king' and then tell you no face to face.' Doesn't pass the first line of the logic test...

Except you have no idea how any of this even remotely played out. So you make a post, that’s completely hypothetical and then pin blame when you have zero clue what happened.

Your post doesn’t pass the logic test.

My understanding is we reach out to these kids and invite them up with the intent to offer. But you get a chance to kick the tires and get to know each other and make sure it’s a good fit.

Seems to reason, sometimes the player is disappointed, sometimes the staff is disappointed.

This feels like one of those times. And if indeed the staff backed off, that is the absolute best news possible.

It means the staff is being selective and not compromising. In recruiting, you compromise when you have too, I don’t think this staff thinks they have to.

It reminds me of the classic Bill Cosby (cringe, I know) line when disciplining his kids. “I brought you into this world and I’ll take you out if it, and I’ll make another one that looks just you.”

Agreed -- it's a mutual "audition"

Have no issue with all this except you know this before extending the invitation to him for the official visit and spending thousands of dollars on him. 'Hey Will come on up so you can see us treat everyone else like a king' and then tell you no face to face.' Doesn't pass the first line of the logic test...
People get flown places for interviews all the time and don't get the job. It happens. This isn't any different. I think it's a good process to physically meet someone in person before you agree to marry them for 4 years. Flying him up might have been the most efficient way to do that for all the staff to get a read considering all the travel they are doing currently to build this class out.

I don't know and I agree I love what Perry will bring. So you said in another note it's not Nil. Again thanks for the data point. I was responding to CL who thought maybe it was Nil related. If you know it is not Nil related then great. I have no idea what he is worth to answer your question but if the father thought he was worth something and Fran didn't think he was then that would be a possible Nil issue? Just guessing here.
Who said his father thought something? Stop falling for these false narratives

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom