Class of 2023 - DL Will Norman (NJ) Portal from Marshall | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 DL Will Norman (NJ) Portal from Marshall

Not meaning to disparage previous coaches we've had over the last many years, but Fran and company are making them look silly.

The great thing about all of this is that if we can land some of these highly rated players, people will start forming a much different impression of Syracuse Football, and that will happen more quickly than some think. People have short memories.

Not meaning to disparage previous coaches we've had over the last many years, but Fran and company are making them look silly.

The great thing about all of this is that if we can land some of these highly rated players, people will start forming a much different impression of Syracuse Football, and that will happen more quickly than some think. People have short memories.
We are definitely not competing for recruits from SUNY Green Lakes anymore

This is already happening on CFB Reddit which has almost 3 million members in its sub. They are seeing and commenting on all of this recruiting action and our coaching hires. It's been awesome to read through.

Screenshot_2023-12-13-11-48-40-20_b72a20be883aec8a014bd2b7c7038e87.jpg

Screenshot_2023-12-13-11-48-53-87_b72a20be883aec8a014bd2b7c7038e87.jpg

Screenshot_2023-12-13-11-49-26-50_b72a20be883aec8a014bd2b7c7038e87.jpg

Screenshot_2023-12-13-11-49-38-88_b72a20be883aec8a014bd2b7c7038e87.jpg

You're probably not wrong, but these portal guys are not the best comparison. First, they've had the chance to try out the factory school, and maybe saw that it wasn't all it's cracked up to be. Second, Dino pulled some highly rated transfers from factory programs too.

Last edited:
I was wondering how players like Wax thought about these DL playing in front of him. Come back and up your draft status. Better players keeping OL off of him.

Thought that to. Potential starting DLine are 2 300-pound transfers from Alabama and Florida, while the DEnd is from a&m. Gotta be enticing for Wax and Barron to play with these guys if it unfolds this way. We could be pretty tough up the middle.

I mean, when was the last time any of you fools were this excited about Syracuse Football recruiting? For me, never (going all the way back to when I became an Orangemen in '89). Granted, it was much more difficult to follow back in the early 90's, but this is unbelievable. My boss has no idea how bad this is for him.

That’s not fair comparison. This is a pretty unique experiment. Wildhack has gone all in on talent acquisition to the exclusion of past experience in the roles the new staff will have. I don’t know if that has ever been done to this extent anywhere.

Like I said before this is a paradigm shift. It’s a radical change, and it’s risky.

It’s taken this application of resources to get these results. To expect that from a traditionally constructed staff working here is unreasonable.

That’s not fair comparison. This is a pretty unique experiment. Wildhack has gone all in on talent acquisition to the exclusion of past experience in the roles the new staff will have. I don’t know if that has ever been done to this extent anywhere.

Like I said before this is a paradigm shift. It’s a radical change, and it’s risky.

It’s taken this application of resources to get these results. To expect that from a traditionally constructed staff working here is unreasonable.
I think it's a bit of both. As big a thing that NIL has become, we never had the fanbase directly addressed about it by Dino or his staff the way FB did once he became HC. At least from what I can remember. It always seemed like it sort of was just happening in the background. If the former staff had more NIL resources, maybe they could have driven higher profile transfers here.

FB seems exceptionally proactive. That's part of the equation here.

I think it's a bit of both. As big a thing that NIL has become, we never had the fanbase directly addressed about it by Dino or his staff the way FB did once he became HC. At least from what I can remember. It always seemed like it sort of was just happening in the background. If the former staff had more NIL resources, maybe they could have driven higher profile transfers here.

FB seems exceptionally proactive. That's part of the equation here.
I mean people resources, not NIL.

A necessary experiment, I think JW knows time is ticking before College Football consolidates. The time to push is now.

Brown was a wildly forward thinking hire and I'm still shocked we were that bold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom