DO: Maryland and Syracuse working on series, Terps’ coach Edsall says | Syracusefan.com

DO: Maryland and Syracuse working on series, Terps’ coach Edsall says

Syracuse and Maryland are in conversations to schedule non-conference football games for a "few years down the road," deputy athletics director Herman Frazier told The Post-Standard on Sunday. He said the games will "definitely" happen, though the exact format -- home and home series, neutral site, etc. -- has not been finalized.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/07/syracuse_and_maryland_to_play.html

Could we make this work as a Home / Road / Meadowlands?

Great news.

Easy win, easy road trip, easy access to tickets, strong market for Syracuse. This will work out well...

Hope they will be willing to play us in basketball and lacrosse too...
Agreed, why haven't we gotten this series going sooner. There are allot of CUSE fans in and around DC. Will be like going to a Temple game in Philly!

Syracuse and Maryland are in conversations to schedule non-conference football games for a "few years down the road," deputy athletics director Herman Frazier told The Post-Standard on Sunday. He said the games will "definitely" happen, though the exact format -- home and home series, neutral site, etc. -- has not been finalized.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/07/syracuse_and_maryland_to_play.html

Would be nice if we could finalize the schedules for the next few years sometime soon before worrying about "down the road".

Ready to feast on some of that BiG bottom feeder meat. Yummmmmmmm. Tender and flakey.

Sir Terrapins are not bottom feeders you should be ashamed of yourself denigrating a proud species of animal! University of Maryland on the other hand will be bottom dwellers

:rolling:

Count me in the minority, but I find this match-up boring.

There's just nothing compelling about the Terp football program.

Don't get me wrong, I realize 'Cuse needs potentially "winnable" games as you can't line up 3-4 elite programs every season, but I find it hard to be psyched about a series vs. Maryland.

Igrew up pre BE with Cuse and MD playing almost every year with the Lambert Trophy on the line so I am personally jacked up that we could be playing MD again. More interesting then Ball State

Igrew up pre BE with Cuse and MD playing almost every year with the Lambert Trophy on the line so I am personally jacked up that we could be playing MD again. More interesting then Ball State

I almost added the point that, had SU & Maryland kept up even a modicum of a rivalry over the previous 3 decades, the game would be more exciting... But I don't think we've played them since Dan Conley's career was wrecked in College Park back in 1991.

no.

home and home.

there would be less people there than at the usc game.

I almost added the point that, had SU & Maryland kept up even a modicum of a rivalry over the previous 3 decades, the game would be more exciting... But I don't think we've played them since Dan Conley's career was wrecked in College Park back in 1991.

I am still in favor. Other non heavy lift OOC series I would like to see (mind you taking into consideration not to water down strength of schedule too much) would be: Toledo, Illinois, Indiana, Vandy, Army and Navy

This is fantastic news for me. I can get to Maryland for games pretty easily.

It damn well better be a square deal, because if we start giving away home games to the likes of Maryland we can all pack it in now.

good lord - they better not even think of doing neutral site for this series - would be a disaster

Don't get me wrong, I realize 'Cuse needs potentially "winnable" games as you can't line up 3-4 elite programs every season, but I find it hard to be psyched about a series vs. Maryland.

Winnable games, close to home, against a name brand BCS opponent. I like it as our #2 or 3 OOC opponent each year. We don't need to schedule multiple powerhouse programs in a given year but this is surely better than having 2 Stoney Brook's in a given year.

This is fantastic news for me. I can get to Maryland for games pretty easily.
as can most here.

losing them was a tough one.

this should be a 6 game deal. played over 10 years. 3 homes each.

Oh Lord

Great news.

Easy win, easy road trip, easy access to tickets, strong market for Syracuse. This will work out well...

Hope they will be willing to play us in basketball and lacrosse too...
I think you mean "lose to us" ;)

Sir Terrapins are not bottom feeders you should be ashamed of yourself denigrating a proud species of animal! University of Maryland on the other hand will be bottom dwellers

:rolling:

Turtle Soup is good too, especially the overheated sludge scrapings at the bottom of the pot.

Count me in the minority, but I find this match-up boring.

There's just nothing compelling about the Terp football program.

I was really looking forward to playing Maryland, but since they are in the B10 now I'd prefer nobody else on the east coast schedules them. Let them rot with their midwest friends.

NUTS...home,home meadowlands