Do people believe we are going to have a college basketball season(poll) | Syracusefan.com

Do people believe we are going to have a college basketball season(poll)

Is college basketball going to be played during the 2020-2021 season?

• No the whole season will be cancelled

• Yes it will be without crowds or severely reduced capacity

• Yes it will be conference only games without crowds

• Yes but the season will be less than full and an expanded NCAA tournament

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think there is a chance we will see some college football. I would be very surprised if college basketball is played this season.

I think there is a chance we will see some college football. I would be very surprised if college basketball is played this season.
I don't know about that. I am doubtful about college football but a college hoop season in the spring is still on the table. A vaccine of some sort could be on the table before late fall or very early spring. I hope anyway.

I think the NCAA is more motivated to play basketball than football this year.
They need the TV revenue from CBS and Turner. NCAA doesn’t get revenue for the college football playoffs.

I don’t expect crowds but I think we are getting a tournament this year unless the second wave is really bad.

Do you mean this season, or this year (2020 - allowing for hoops in January 2021 or so)?

Thinking less likelihood of a season each passing day. I think it depends on what treatments and/or possible vaccine(s) are available.

many teams/conferences will opt out but we’ll go down with the tobacco road ship

It is so tough because there are so many teams and so much travel. Unless it is a completely different situation in early next year than it is right now, I don't see college sports happening.

I think the NCAA is more motivated to play basketball than football this year.
They need the TV revenue from CBS and Turner. NCAA doesn’t get revenue for the college football playoffs.

I don’t expect crowds but I think we are getting a tournament this year unless the second wave is really bad.
Or the first wave never leaves

We blew it. Should have shut down for 3 weeks everywhere. Our selfishness ultimately is going to screw any long term entertainment we had to look forward to for the rest of the year. I don't expect to see college sports until fall 2021.

Do you mean this season, or this year (2020 - allowing for hoops in January 2021 or so)?
Either. If we have basketball this year, I think it has to be played in the spring.

I want it to happen. I just am not expecting that much to change between now and then. If it happens, there is no way there will be fans. Delaying to spring means playing most of the season in the coldest weather of the year. I question if colleges are going to be able to keep their students on campus for the spring semester. Just don't see it happening.

I hope like hell I am wrong.

Yes but I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't start until Jan maybe even Feb and push the tourney back to April or May.

“More than half the participants experienced mild or moderate side-effects, though these did not rise to the level where the trial would be called off.”

More details on this would be nice. How long did side effects persist? The symptoms they describe make it sound no different than what the vast majority of people get if infected with the virus. Still promising that they can trigger antibody creation. Now can they do that without more than half the people getting sick from the vaccine?

This is great, but has it been determined anti bodies prevent the disease from happening again?
I have read that people who developed antibodies have since tested negative for antibodies. :(

I think the next SU sporting event we watch will be football opener 2021. It sucks beyond belief, but it's the right decision.

They'll definitely cancel any games prior to January (they should just get this out of the way now). After that I am a tad more hopeful than football but still it's a huge ask. I could see March Madness taking place much later for sure.

Just so crazy. They were debating in March whether or not to hold the 2020 NCAA Tournament and now we are debating whether there will be a 2021 tournament. Pretty sobering when you think of it that way.

This is great, but has it been determined anti bodies prevent the disease from happening again?
These pharma companies have been stumbling over each other now for months putting out all sorts of PR (fake, manipulated, whatever) about covid vaccines and tests...I definitely take a wait and see approach here. Too many "misunderstandings" and shenanigans all for the pump and dumps.

No corona in the NBA bubble today.

Some of you must be devastated about that and the likelihood they pull it off and we get college sports this fall.

No corona in the NBA bubble today.

Some of you must be devastated about that and the likelihood they pull it off and we get college sports this fall.
Yup. Everyone here is devastated there might be college sports in the Fall. :rolleyes:

Silly and shortsighted.

If it can be done safely, go for it. But I, like "some of you", don't want to risk a kid's health just so I can see him drive the lane or hit a three.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom