Do people believe we are going to have a college basketball season(poll) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Do people believe we are going to have a college basketball season(poll)

Is college basketball going to be played during the 2020-2021 season?

• No the whole season will be cancelled

• Yes it will be without crowds or severely reduced capacity

• Yes it will be conference only games without crowds

• Yes but the season will be less than full and an expanded NCAA tournament

Results are only viewable after voting.
No corona in the NBA bubble today.

Some of you must be devastated about that and the likelihood they pull it off and we get college sports this fall.
The NBA is spending 150 million dollars to make its campus work in Orlando.
The NCAA isn’t doing the same thing.

Who doesn’t want college sports this fall?
The conspiracy that all this will go away on 11-4-20 is garbage. Safety matters more than watching kids who aren’t paid risk their health for my enjoyment.

Pro athletes are paid and their leagues can spend the costs to get safety of the players taken care of.

No corona in the NBA bubble today.

Some of you must be devastated about that and the likelihood they pull it off and we get college sports this fall.

Weird post.

Thrilled the NBA is off to a good start and will be even more thrilled if they pull this whole thing off.

It’s apples and oranges with other sports like football, and it’s even more apples and oranges with pro vs. college.

These pharma companies have been stumbling over each other now for months putting out all sorts of PR (fake, manipulated, whatever) about covid vaccines and tests...I definitely take a wait and see approach here. Too many "misunderstandings" and shenanigans all for the pump and dumps.

Moderna insiders have sold nearly 16 million shares the last 3 months. And bought 55k shares.

Weird post.

Thrilled the NBA is off to a good start and will be even more thrilled if they pull this whole thing off.

It’s apples and oranges with other sports like football, and it’s even more apples and oranges with pro vs. college.

Doubt it. Anyone that has it will be tested and removed pretty quickly. Even if they have no clue they have it.

Student codes of conduct will be very strict particularly for the athletes. I’m not a pay for player but the rights these kids will lose in order to play ball for free will be considerable. Beats the alternative. Just don’t think they won’t be living with a ton of rules

You're out of your mind.

Calm down I’m someone who’s employed and wears a mask for my job chill out. I’m over people trying to one up each other with the fear and pushing for restrictions that’s all.

Doubt it. Anyone that has it will be tested and removed pretty quickly. Even if they have no clue they have it.

Student codes of conduct will be very strict particularly for the athletes. I’m not a pay for player but the rights these kids will lose in order to play ball for free will be considerable. Beats the alternative. Just don’t think they won’t be living with a ton of rules

Calm down I’m someone who’s employed and wears a mask for my job chill out. I’m over people trying to one up each other with the fear and pushing for restrictions that’s all.
Don't project. Outlandish statements deserve criticism.

Don't project. Outlandish statements deserve criticism.
It’s not outlandish people are dug in that it won’t be safe for college age kids to play sports for another year. Nothing will convince them otherwise. Doesn’t mean they want sports to go away forever. But it does mean they’ll be screaming about safety and all that and trying to keep us from having college sports this fall.

The entire NBA travelled to the virus hotspot state and are operating now from a number of zero. They will pull this off. A couple guys who feel perfectly fine might test positive and leave the bubble but that should be it. Noone that currently plays in the NBA gonna die from the virus in Orlando. None of the 4 major sports leagues have had a player die yet from covid 19.

Perfect is the enemy of good.

It’s not outlandish people are dug in that it won’t be safe for college age kids to play sports for another year. Nothing will convince them otherwise. Doesn’t mean they want sports to go away forever. But it does mean they’ll be screaming about safety and all that and trying to keep us from having college sports this fall.

The entire NBA travelled to the virus hotspot state and are operating now from a number of zero. They will pull this off. A couple guys who feel perfectly fine might test positive and leave the bubble but that should be it. Noone that currently plays in the NBA gonna die from the virus in Orlando. None of the 4 major sports leagues have had a player die yet from covid 19.

Being selfish is the enemy of good, but thanks for the lecture, sport.

Moderna insiders have sold nearly 16 million shares the last 3 months. And bought 55k shares.
Those big fish have really really been eating well. Its turned into a pure chasers market.

Short of a vaccine there is zero chance we play basketball this year/season

Being selfish is the enemy of good, but thanks for the lecture, sport.

There’s nothing selfish about wanting college aged kids to have their formative years ruined even more despite basically none getting sick or dying?

Yikes.

How in the world is the nba bubble going to be comparable to college hoops? None of it will be the same. Colleges can’t afford to test with the frequency nba is. They cant send kids away to a resort for 4 months with no outside contact, and still pretend they are students.

I‘m extremely hopeful basketball happens, especially on the high school level, but I’m pretty pessimistic it will happen. Too many stupid people who won’t be smart and just wear the damned mask.

Yup. Everyone here is devastated there might be college sports in the Fall. :rolleyes:

Silly and shortsighted.

If it can be done safely, go for it. But I, like "some of you", don't want to risk a kid's health just so I can see him drive the lane or hit a three.

The guy in your avatar took a slightly different stance on TV last week.

The guy in your avatar took a slightly different stance on TV last week.
EVERYBODY wants there to be a season. If he doesn't think it's safe, there won't be any equivocation in his public statements...

Thought his comments were worth discussing. Guess not.

They weren't when he said it, it's not changing. At least, out of respect I assume, no one told him to just dribble the basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom