do people that rank players | Syracusefan.com

do people that rank players

igor

2nd String
have a freaking clue. now my screen ln ast night was 4 inch by 4, but there haven't been four kids in the last 10 years more advanced offensively than diagne he locked the defender up and threw away the key. he reminded me of a more fluid version of Otis hill. do they save the top billings for white kids from iowa that are going to duke? he's ambidextrous on either side of the lane. he had terrific hands, but it was too small to see him run

Let the hyperbole begin. With McCullough and Diagne coming in over the next two years we should be guaranteed two championships.

Ain't nobody but ESPN, the referees, Duke and JB that can hold us back from what is quite clearly our rightful spot at the top.

Can someone remind me how to make the Dynasty symbol, might be time to brush it off again.

Igor, for future reference, there is an icon at the bottom of the 4x4 screen that when clicked on will bring the stream to a full screen size.

have a freaking clue. now my screen ln ast night was 4 inch by 4, but there haven't been four kids in the last 10 years more advanced offensively than diagne he locked the defender up and threw away the key. he reminded me of a more fluid version of Otis hill. do they save the top billings for white kids from iowa that are going to duke? he's ambidextrous on either side of the lane. he had terrific hands, but it was too small to see him run
I have to get back to igor's point after watching the following clip. Yes, I know it's a highlight clip. But please, anyone and everyone:
Watch it. He's all over the place, good footwork, spins to either side and finishes with either hand. Has enough dexterity to put it on the floor and take it to the rim or finish softly. Diagne really is a talent and while I don't think he'll put up huge scoring numbers, he will be a go to guy down the road when we need a high percentage shot.

Totally agree. He is the bargain of the class. I can't believe there can possibly be two dozen kids better than him in his class. Great handle and passer also.

I have to get back to igor's point after watching the following clip. Yes, I know it's a highlight clip. But please, anyone and everyone:
Watch it. He's all over the place, good footwork, spins to either side and finishes with either hand. Has enough dexterity to put it on the floor and take it to the rim or finish softly. Diagne really is a talent and while I don't think he'll put up huge scoring numbers, he will be a go to guy down the road when we need a high percentage shot.
This video is VERY impressive. He's like Gourgui Deng of L'Ville with more offense! Me likely!!!

Let the hyperbole begin. With McCullough and Diagne coming in over the next two years we should be guaranteed two championships.

Ain't nobody but ESPN, the referees, Duke and JB that can hold us back from what is quite clearly our rightful spot at the top.

Can someone remind me how to make the Dynasty symbol, might be time to brush it off again.
7 of the next 15 with the right direction.

tee1222 said:
I have to get back to igor's point after watching the following clip. Yes, I know it's a highlight clip. But please, anyone and everyone: Watch it. He's all over the place, good footwork, spins to either side and finishes with either hand. Has enough dexterity to put it on the floor and take it to the rim or finish softly. Diagne really is a talent and while I don't think he'll put up huge scoring numbers, he will be a go to guy down the road when we need a high percentage shot. YouTube Video

Problem is every single guy going to a top team in college has a video like this. We've seen similar things out of HS Rak, HS, DC2, Roberson owning Towns, and we saw a Fab Melo hitting mid range jumpers consistently. These videos are awesome to watch but shouldn't give us any expectations. Until we have any sort of post offense, what our big men can do down there is almost a moot point.

Watching him yesterday was VERY encouraging. He will come in with a fully developed man's body. A real steal is a kid who shows humility and gratitude 1st when being interviewed coupled with being an elite physical specimen replete with upper echelon talent. That's what we are getting with MD.

Problem is every single guy going to a top team in college has a video like this. We've seen similar things out of HS Rak, HS, DC2, Roberson owning Towns, and we saw a Fab Melo hitting mid range jumpers consistently. These videos are awesome to watch but shouldn't give us any expectations. Until we have any sort of post offense, what our big men can do down there is almost a moot point.
I get what you're saying and some showcase moves they never get away with on the next level. But not with their off hand consistently. To see him do it yesterday up against Cheick Diallo who was playing real defense for 3 quarters was truly impressive. I'm telling you guys now, this unique ability is going to yield in easy buckets. Isn't that what we're going for? Again, I know he will not drop 16 points per game. But we needed critical scores at key points last season. I hope this guy contributes to that cause in a few years.

Well, there was Arinze, and, to a slightly lesser degree, Rick Jackson. A couple of more-than-decent post games there.

Maybe you don't go that far back. :)

longtimefan said:
Well, there was Arinze, and, to a slightly lesser degree, Rick Jackson. A couple of more-than-decent post games there. Maybe you don't go that far back. :)

I go back to the 80s but the game that SU plays has changed sooooo much, even since AO and RJ had left.

Michael Brown was a highly recruited Guard and he wore #35 for the short time he was here. He was a Micky D out of Dunbar HS and was BE rookie of the year in 84-85 and was a great shooter from the 3.
The following season he found his way to Jimmy's doghouse and Jimmy moved Rafael Addison to the shooting guard position and Howard Triche (Brandon's Uncle) to the forward position. Brown quit the team mid season that year and then transferred to Clemson. He ended up getting booted from there later in some kind of scandal.

Last edited: