do people that rank players | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

do people that rank players

i'm usually real tight lipped, but maybe i'll enlighten. I had serious brain injury and i'm still making progress, so f off
Igor, you take more than your fair share of dung around here and I will give you credit for your post which started this thread as being spot on. Brain injuries are a beoch and are among the most misunderstood of all illnesses and injuries. There is certainly a distinction between a ridiculous post and one which reflects the fact that someone is recovering from a brain injury.

Although I disagree with the positions and views that are taken by some on here I think it's important that people treat other posters with some semblance of dignity and not to make demeaning comments or ridicule a person who has been challenged by a debilitating injury.

People have posted accounts here about themselves and loved ones struggling with life threatening illnesses and injury and the majority of the board rallies around with care and support. You deserve no less in my opinion and I salute you for the courage you demonstrate by continuing to post here to the best of your ability.

First igor post I can get behind. I don't know about top 4 in the last decade, but I've been sold on this kid since I watched his first highlight vid a year ago.

Let the hyperbole begin. With McCullough and Diagne coming in over the next two years we should be guaranteed two championships.

Ain't nobody but ESPN, the referees, Duke and JB that can hold us back from what is quite clearly our rightful spot at the top.

Can someone remind me how to make the Dynasty symbol, might be time to brush it off again.

Will McCullough and Diagne wind up playing on the same team? I know it's premature to think about guys who haven't even played for us jumping to the NBA but we have had a run of guys going "too soon" and sometimes it wasn't.

Igor, you take more than your fair share of dung around here and I will give you credit for your post which started this thread as being spot on. Brain injuries are a beoch and are among the most misunderstood of all illnesses and injuries. There is certainly a distinction between a ridiculous post and one which reflects the fact that someone is recovering from a brain injury.

Although I disagree with the positions and views that are taken by some on here I think it's important that people treat other posters with some semblance of dignity and not to make demeaning comments or ridicule a person who has been challenged by a debilitating injury.

People have posted accounts here about themselves and loved ones struggling with life threatening illnesses and injury and the majority of the board rallies around with care and support. You deserve no less in my opinion and I salute you for the courage you demonstrate by continuing to post here to the best of your ability.

I'm aware of Igor's illness and I won't be making any posts critical of him as a person. But if he's continuing some of his traditional takes on SU football and basketball, (the players are great so the coach must stink, we'd have won X number of national championships if we'd gone man to man, etc), I'll point that out. Igor is still Igor,

I'm aware of Igor's illness and I won't be making any posts critical of him as a person. But if he's continuing some of his traditional takes on SU football and basketball, (the players are great so the coach must stink, we'd have won X number of national championships if we'd gone man to man, etc), I'll point that out. Igor is still Igor,
Thanks - put more eloquently than my post (which was deleted, even though civil and did not address his illness, only his history of bashing JB). Apparently, some folks get shielded.

Last edited:
I suffered a brain injury while in the Navy and I must admit I had no filter on what I said . I don't know what Igor injury is but with mine over time I had to learn to curb the things I said and for the most part I have. It is nice to know the stories of posters life sometimes they explain a lot about what they post. I started out on this site as Parhum but that was when I posted a lot of stuff I wouldn't post now. A brain injury is a lot to deal with on a daily basis and at least now I know when I disagree with how he has presented his argument that there maybe a reason and if I say something incredibly stupid please remember I am not an idiot (up for debate) but suffer from TBI! Go Cuse!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm usually real tight lipped, but maybe i'll enlighten. I had serious brain injury and i'm still making progress, so f off

Classy post, as usual.

We all wish you well in your recovery, but you were a loose cannon long before your physical problems.

I certainly don't think anyone would make fun of any disabilities or impairments suffered by a person as a result of a brain injury. That said: Igor's posts have not changed one bit since that injury, so anybody getting on his case is not assailing him over the result of said injury. This post follows exactly the pattern Igor has posted with for at least 10 years and, if anything, shows the happy news that his mental faculties are in good shape, at least with respect to Syracuse basketball.

For those new here, this is an example of a set-up post. Igor fully understands that Diagne will compete against a Junior Roberson and a Sophomore McCullough for playing time. He also understands that big men can take time to transition their game to college and specifically to the zone. And so he raves about how Diagne is one of the best 4 offensive players to enter college in the last 10 years and will dutifully lambast Boeheim when he doesn't play the kid 30+ mpg his freshman year over established players. He's done it 20 times before in the past and it will continue to do it for as long as JB is coach.

To repeat, in terms of posting here about SU basketball Igor's faculties happily appear to be in tip-top shape.

I certainly don't think anyone would make fun of any disabilities or impairments suffered by a person as a result of a brain injury. That said: Igor's posts have not changed one bit since that injury, so anybody getting on his case is not assailing him over the result of said injury. This post follows exactly the pattern Igor has posted with for at least 10 years and, if anything, shows the happy news that his mental faculties are in good shape, at least with respect to Syracuse basketball.

For those new here, this is an example of a set-up post. Igor fully understands that Diagne will compete against a Junior Roberson and a Sophomore McCullough for playing time. He also understands that big men can take time to transition their game to college and specifically to the zone. And so he raves about how Diagne is one of the best 4 offensive players to enter college in the last 10 years and will dutifully lambast Boeheim when he doesn't play the kid 30+ mpg his freshman year over established players. He's done it 20 times before in the past and it will continue to do it for as long as JB is coach.

To repeat, in terms of posting here about SU basketball Igor's faculties happily appear to be in tip-top shape.

Any chance Diagne becomes a center and plays with Roberson and McCullough?

Any chance Diagne becomes a center and plays with Roberson and McCullough?

Center? I guess it's plausible, then he'd compete against a senior Coleman and a RS soph Chino. Story remains the same.

I'd love to see SU have some good high low players that can interchange spots rim to free throw line. Would open up the shooters as well. On a side note I hope Mr. Coleman has been working on his left hand coordination/drills because unless you can leap out of the gym you need that opposite hand.