Do we have the 6 best losses possible? | Syracusefan.com

Do we have the 6 best losses possible?

The short answer on this one is yes. Which is exactly why there should be literally zero debate of our resume against either MTSU or St.Mary's. Take those out, that those two would definitely go 0-6 against, and then you're comparing our 20-7 record against their records.

Those six losses I think will be the hidden ingredient if we get in. Take a look at our Quad 1 record ex-top 10 teams. I think it firmly puts us in, with the addition to the decent computer metrics and good road/neutral record.

If they treat those 6 losses like any other quad 1 loss, we are doomed.

At least thats how I see it. (Won’t be upset either way though, we are where we are due to our own doings)

seriously doubt the committee even breaks it down to this degree...strength of loss. would be nice...but there's just too much data to sort through. Perhaps they should invite bubble teams to state their case and perhaps bring up little factual tidbits like this that they overlook...they could televise the arguments, live, like on court tv closing statements.

Well to be fair Pitt twice and wake three times negates some of those.
Nope. Talking about losses here, not SOS. Even with those 5 games, we still have an overall SOS of 17. So I'm not sure exactly what point you are trying to make here. Had we gone 2-3 in those 5 games, I would understand your point. But you're trying to compare wins to losses.

Those six losses I think will be the hidden ingredient if we get in. Take a look at our Quad 1 record ex-top 10 teams. I think it firmly puts us in, with the addition to the decent computer metrics and good road/neutral record.

If they treat those 6 losses like any other quad 1 loss, we are doomed.

At least thats how I see it. (Won’t be upset either way though, we are where we are due to our own doings)

unfortunately if they do that, Buffalo at home (minus their best player at that) shouldn't really count as a normal Q1 win.

unfortunately if they do that, Buffalo at home (minus their best player at that) shouldn't really count as a normal Q1 win.
you don’t think those team have any questionable quad 1 wins?

You have to win games to get in boys...we didn’t do that enough this season...end of story.

You have to win games to get in boys...we didn’t do that enough this season...end of story.
And all the other bubble teams didn't lose games too? You can say the exact same thing for every other team around the bubble.

All of us lost a bunch of games.

And all the other bubble teams didn't lose games too? You can say the exact same thing for every other team around the bubble.

All of us lost a bunch of games.

No chit Sherlock. Take care of business and stop leaving it in the committees hands. We had tons of opportunities to seal a bid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom