do we have the best 6th man in the country again this year? | Syracusefan.com

do we have the best 6th man in the country again this year?

In the NBA, it's very important to have a very good player as a 6th man. Look at recent teams that have made a Finals appearance. The Thunder with Harden, Mavs with Terry, Lakers with Odom, 06 Heat had antoine walker, gary payton and Zo. The sixth man has really become a go-to position.

I guess the starters look like (I may be wrong)... 5-DC2, 4-Rak, 3-James, 2-Brandon, 1-MCW... That leaves CJ as 6th man so it's a possibility. But traditionally the 6th man award goes to a guy that comes in and provides instant offense and even though CJ is a great all around gamer, he doesn't fit the mold of someone that might win it. James fits the mold but being a Sr., he will start all year. It's also more likely that JB will at some point in the season give all three forwards starting minutes so no, I don't think we have a 6th man of the year this year.

I guess the starters look like (I may be wrong)... 5-DC2, 4-Rak, 3-James, 2-Brandon, 1-MCW... That leaves CJ as 6th man so it's a possibility. But traditionally the 6th man award goes to a guy that comes in and provides instant offense and even though CJ is a great all around gamer, he doesn't fit the mold of someone that might win it. James fits the mold but being a Sr., he will start all year. It's also more likely that JB will at some point in the season give all three forwards starting minutes so no, I don't think we have a 6th man of the year this year.
Doesn't CJ start over James?

Doesn't CJ start over James?
I too believe that CJ is starting forward...his rebounding and all around game earn him that spot; on the other hand, Southy comes in and bombs the 3pt shots for a scorer off the bench...along with Trevor

My money is on James starting more often than not. He's a Sr. That doesn't mean CJ won't get starts though. We also need to factor in the possibility of James as a 2.

CJ's the starter and will continue to unless he gets hurt IMO. James will come off the bench and play as much as anyone like Dion last year.

CJ's the starter and will continue to unless he gets hurt IMO. James will come off the bench and play as much as anyone like Dion last year.
As much AND better than anyone coming off the bench in the US of A.

The starting five you saw today will be the starting five in January unless someone gets hurt. I've seldom seen JB change the starting 5. And if he were to this year, CJ would remain a starter.

That is what I said in the chat during the game. Forgot also that CJ comes in first. Is there such a thing as the best 7th man?? But if JSuth stays this good he will be the 6th man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom