do we want alec lemon to catch a lot of passes? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

do we want alec lemon to catch a lot of passes?

USC keyed on Lemon (per one of the articles I read, I think Rahme), and Sales had a big day. Offense scored 4 TDs and a FG. Minnesota keyed on Sales, and we had 3 points until they loosened up at the end.

If I were a future defensive coordinator, I know what I would do. Can our offensive minds adjust to still score enough points? Eliminating mistakes is a good start. Will it be enough?

We should have thrown to Lemon on that 1st and goal.

You put words in my mouth.

I didn't say that Nassib has no option but Lemon to throw to.

I said, "I think that when Nassib faces a decent defensive line, he gets happy feet, doesn't see the field and locks onto Lemon because he's always been there"

You and SWC are quite the pair making up stuff I clearly didn't say.

I agreed with the statement you repeated again here and elaborated on it from my perspective. The 'always been there' part of your statement is an awkward construct that is hard to interpret but to be, it implies you agree he is open. Don't care to argue about this further. We are never going to agree on your premise.

I agreed with the statement you repeated again here and elaborated on it from my perspective. The 'always been there' part of your statement is an awkward construct that is hard to interpret but to be, it implies you agree he is open. Don't care to argue about this further. We are never going to agree on your premise.
i meant that he didn't get arrested with his brother and miss a year

The past few years the catches and passing yards had to come from somewhere. The only other consistent guy from Lemon was Provo, and he played tight end. Chew, Sales, Williams and company all had varying levels of involvement in the offense.

I do think there's something to be said for the idea that Nassib maybe looks to Lemon a little too much.

pitt update 5 catches for lemon and the offense gets 305 yards.

there were a bunch of weird passes last night where nassib threw to the first read who was covered. makes me think he doesn't really see the field.

this isn't lemon's fault. this is more about nassib but the offense continues to be bad in games where he catches 4 or more passes.

we run so many short routes, quick reads, one option routes. when teams play tight it forces a great throw into coverage or Nassib tucks and runs. the pass blocking was better and the 2-3rd option was open but he never looked cause he didnt trust it. that may get better as the season goes on.. however next week rutgers is going to brink the blitz and play press. we have to make them pay with some runs that break thru the gaps.

we still have no vertical threat, i still wonder why if clark is the fast one why West is the one who gets the long passes so often.

the big play was after the 4th down conversion we called a couple bad plays and threw the INT.. we had 3 drives inside the 50 for no points where scores would have created some separation and desperation from Pitt.

the 2nd half was a power game, but our punting cost us 15-20 yds every time

we run so many short routes, quick reads, one option routes. when teams play tight it forces a great throw into coverage or Nassib tucks and runs. the pass blocking was better and the 2-3rd option was open but he never looked cause he didnt trust it. that may get better as the season goes on.. however next week rutgers is going to brink the blitz and play press. we have to make them pay with some runs that break thru the gaps.

we still have no vertical threat, i still wonder why if clark is the fast one why West is the one who gets the long passes so often.

the big play was after the 4th down conversion we called a couple bad plays and threw the INT.. we had 3 drives inside the 50 for no points where scores would have created some separation and desperation from Pitt.

the 2nd half was a power game, but our punting cost us 15-20 yds every time
west going deep is just hoping for interference. doesn't matter if we have willie gault, we're not actually completing anything deep

pitt update 5 catches for lemon and the offense gets 305 yards.

there were a bunch of weird passes last night where nassib threw to the first read who was covered. makes me think he doesn't really see the field.

this isn't lemon's fault. this is more about nassib but the offense continues to be bad in games where he catches 4 or more passes.

2 of his catches were really runs. He came in motion and Nassib volleyballed it to him.

I'm not sure he caught a real pass after that first drive.

Our WR play the past 2 games is a little scary. They all looked slow last night.

2 of his catches were really runs. He came in motion and Nassib volleyballed it to him.

I'm not sure he caught a real pass after that first drive.

Our WR play the past 2 games is a little scary. They all looked slow last night.

I was wondering why lemon didn't show up in the rushing stats. Those flips to him were forward passes. (And the plays went nowhere, with the single blocker being totally outnumbered).

I was wondering why lemon didn't show up in the rushing stats. Those flips to him were forward passes. (And the plays went nowhere, with the single blocker being totally outnumbered).
we always go end around to the wrong guys. Remember Provo?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

USC did it to us last year and the ball hit the ground. Ruled incomplete. Made me remember how they account for it in the stats.

And, as noted here, why we ran those plays with Lemon and Sales didn't seem to make those plays destined for big gains.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom