Do you think Hoops or Football is better Positioned .. | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Do you think Hoops or Football is better Positioned ..

I'm not debating the past its dreadful. I look at the current rosters going forward. I think our offense has a chance to be really good and we can surprise some people. Now looking at the bball roster and I get its not a finished product but where are the points coming from next year?
We just signed the leading scorer in the top HS basketball league in the country. Not one of the best, but the best scorer. Higher than McDonalds All Americans in that same league. He’s ranked 35th overall last I checked.

And last I checked there’s 1200 transfers with a former top 50 player two other top around 100 guys to figure out the forward rotation.

The point is hoops gets better players than football. Even when we aren’t great we are still getting talent. We can’t do that in football.

We just signed the leading scorer in the top HS basketball league in the country. Not one of the best, but the best scorer. Higher than McDonalds All Americans in that same league. He’s ranked 35th overall last I checked.

And last I checked there’s 1200 transfers with a former top 50 player two other top around 100 guys to figure out the forward rotation.

The point is hoops gets better players than football. Even when we aren’t great we are still getting talent. We can’t do that in football.
I love Judah but he's still a freshman. We need a legit forward in the portal. You say we get better players for hoops. Who on our roster is the Sean Tucker?

I love Judah but he's still a freshman. We need a legit forward in the portal. You say we get better players for hoops. Who on our roster is the Sean Tucker?
Football gets a Sean Tucker once every 20 years.

Football gets a Sean Tucker once every 20 years.
True but he is on the roster next year. Im talking about next year as both rosters are presently constituted I think football is in better shape.

not only is Syracuse Basketball a middle of the pack "brand" they are downright boring to watch.
I watch teams like St. Peter's run these intricate weave-like things with lots of motion and movement. Our offense was watch guys try to iso and back a guy down. Very boring. We do try screens and catch and shoots but not enough though.

I watch teams like St. Peter's run these intricate weave-like things with lots of motion and movement. Our offense was watch guys try to iso and back a guy down. Very boring. We do try screens and catch and shoots but not enough though.

And yet SU averaged 11ppg more and shot a higher percentage.