Doc Gross will be on espncny.com @ 3:30 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Doc Gross will be on espncny.com @ 3:30

ACC championship contenders next season! Really? Did TGD really say that? What used car lots has he been hanging around?

They could've contended for the ACC title game this year. Next year they'll be in the mix as much as anyone else.

The only thing that stinks for Syracuse is we happen to be in the division with the ACC's two or three best teams.

Regardless if we can contend or not at least we have leadership with higher expectations that believes we can.

Gross could speak to recruits if he appointed himself to the coaching staff in the interim. That's what Pernetti at Rutgers did.
Good point. Forgot about that.

I think the reports of people living in 1987 and/or not knowing the state of SU football is greatly exaggerated.

I hated the 80's music so count me out of the living in the 80's thing.

Only because the top 2 from that division were ineligible...

The ACC has only been slightly better than the BE over the past bunch of years. Trajectory puts us in the top bunch of schools with Marrone. I don't know now.

Gross could speak to recruits if he appointed himself to the coaching staff in the interim. That's what Pernetti at Rutgers did.

Not true with regards to Gross because I believe we're in the middle of a dead period right now. Could be mistaken but I believe recruits can contact staff but not vice versa.

The ACC has only been slightly better than the BE over the past bunch of years. Trajectory puts us in the top bunch of schools with Marrone. I don't know now.

Although the ACC is headed in the opposite direction as the BE...

Not true with regards to Gross because I believe we're in the middle of a dead period right now. Could be mistaken but I believe recruits can contact staff but not vice versa.

I thought someone wrote that USF contacted one of our recruits and it was ok to call just no contact...darn rules I never have a clue on what's what.

Don't read too much into that. I'm sure both Hackett and Shafer, if they don't accompany Doug, will get interviewed. Why wouldn't you, they're already there, they're both doing a great job. Give them their chance to sell themselves.

But external hires will be considered. Maybe we don't have to ask Neinas, because of the calls he received. He's not selling the same job he did 4 years ago. It's a winning team coming off a bowl game and headed to the ACC. I'm sure most candidates know that there's a good base of players to work with, and they would be confident enough that they can take it from there.

Unless they can't wait to go to the NFL why would you take a step down responsibility wise because no way in hell are either getting a coordinator job.

I don't think Gross would hire from within without at least taking a few days to know who's interested from the outside. Having said that, today isn't the first day outsiders submitted letters of interest either.

Seems pretty logical to believe that as soon as the Marrone stuff hit the wire anybody interested in a potential HC opening would have been contacting Gross (and not waiting until today.)

I'd also have to believe over the last four years Gross has compiled a short list and during the last week or two would have been gauging interest.

I thought someone wrote that USF contacted one of our recruits and it was ok to call just no contact...darn rules I never have a clue on what's what.

calling is contacting...but nobody follows these rules. contact during a non-contact period is probably a secondary violation and means diddly.

I hated the 80's music so count me out of the living in the 80's thing.

80's wimp rock was the worst... these guys are on my beat-up list with spandau ballet. everyone gets a punch in the face.

Recruiting Calendar - he was contacted on Sunday, which was a 1-day quiet period (telephone permitted, face-to-face not permitted). We are in a dead period currently, but it's a short one before open season.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

And nothing is better than the Flock of Seagulls video and the guy on the origin with the cool finger move...the music overall was dreadful.

malik brown was contacted Sunday by USF coach. At least according to a tweet of his. sorry if this is already stated but im reading through the thread.

malik brown was contacted Sunday by USF coach. At least according to a tweet of his. sorry if this is already stated but im reading through the thread.

God bless you if you're just starting and thanks!

80's wimp rock was the worst... these guys are on my beat-up list with spandau ballet. everyone gets a punch in the face.

The one thing about 80's music videos is that I have a really hard time deciphering the chicks from the dudes.

Unless they can't wait to go to the NFL why would you take a step down responsibility wise because no way in hell are either getting a coordinator job.

That's my hope on Hackett. Why go from OC to QB coach. But people make moves like that when it's where they want to be (Major Applewhite from Saban's OC to Mack's QB coach). So let's hope Hackett doesn't have that NFL itch yet.

BUMP

@ESPNCNY
We'll talk to Darryl Gross at 3:30 about the hiring of Scott Shafer and Nate Hackett's departure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom