Does anybody still think Edwards... | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Does anybody still think Edwards...

Clemson held teams to 61.5 ppg in 7 home games. (outside of UVA). We gave them 78.
Pitt held teams (outside of ND at home) to 70 ppg. We gave them 96.
Unc only gives up 69.5 at home against conference we gave them 81 points shooting 7% better.
Duke put up 50 at halftime against us.
Virginia gives up 53 average points in 8 conference home games we gave them 81.
(And all this was without fans)

I think it's obvious Eddy makes a big difference. Offense, defense, and best players are 3 different categories, not one.

Last edited:
Clemson held teams to 61.5 ppg in 7 home games. (outside of UVA). We gave them 78.
Pitt held teams (outside of ND at home) to 70 ppg. We gave them 96.
Unc only gives up 69.5 at home against conference we gave them 81 points shooting 7% better.
Duke put up 50 at halftime against us.
Virginia gives up 53 average points in 8 conference home games we gave them 81.
(And all this was without fans)

I think it's obvious Eddy makes a big difference. Offense, defense, and best players are 3 different categories, not one.

I’m not sure if you’re referring to points a team scored or allowed when you say “gave “

... wasn't ready to be a contributor this year, even in a limited capacity?

Oops
In my opinion, there are four things that make a great 5 in the zone:

1. A keen understanding of positioning
2. Length
3. Great Feet
4. Great anticipation

There was a play in the North Carolina game where Jesse really surprised me. I do not remember whom he was guarding but he was giving up the baseline to this player. The player went to take advantage of this and tried to go baseline. Jesse was able to move his feet quickly enough to cut him off. He, like Fab Melo, has quick feet.

You cannot teach 2 & 3. Jesse has both. 1 comes with experience. 4 is a combination. Bodes well for him in the middle. Also needs to get stronger, obviously.

In my opinion, there are four things that make a great 5 in the zone:

1. A keen understanding of positioning
2. Length
3. Great Feet
4. Great anticipation

There was a play in the North Carolina game where Jesse really surprised me. I do not remember whom he was guarding but he was giving up the baseline to this player. The player went to take advantage of this and tried to go baseline. Jesse was able to move his feet quickly enough to cut him off. He, like Fab Melo, has quick feet.

You cannot teach 2 & 3. Jesse has both. 1 comes with experience. 4 is a combination. Bodes well for him in the middle. Also needs to get stronger, obviously.

It’s hard to explain.. every game he has one or two plays where his suddenness of movement is surprising for a guy of his size .. on offense and D... there’s something there besides just being really tall

Etan is saying what fans are saying who aren’t ride or die.

I wish Etan would speak in the local media. Axe, PS, Daily Orange, Citrus TV get him on.
He is on every single Friday at 1230

I don’t disagree with him, but am guessing he won’t be the next guy to get his jersey retired with those comments.
If Red or Hop gets the head job in a couple of years, maybe they bring in Etan as an assistant. I think he has the potential to be a great coach. He’s such an inspiring figure outside of basketball and an important voice in the social justice movement. Kids would really look up to him.

idk what coach is lookin at???? He looks plenty ready to me. Plays good defense! Alot of length on this kid which last time i checked boeheim thats what u look for in the zone and ladt but not least he seems to have to a flow so to speak on offense so when he said in thew post conference that he wasnt ready... BULL#@#$

If Red or Hop gets the head job in a couple of years, maybe they bring in Etan as an assistant. I think he has the potential to be a great coach. He’s such an inspiring figure outside of basketball and an important voice in the social justice movement. Kids would really look up to him.
Idk whats goin on in washington but its not good. Could be a number of reasons so im not down on him but also i really wouldnt mind if he gave the job to Gerry mcnamara. He is a former player, one of the best in cuse history, fiery and educated under one of the best

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom