Does anybody still think Edwards... | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Does anybody still think Edwards...

Not really the ideal thing to hear, but I think it's awesome Etan has a relationship with current players though.
Etan loves the school, could see him play a roll one day after JB is gone. Hell, I’d love to see him as a coach, could you imagine him sitting down at a family’s kitchen table, how could you not want your kid or yourself to play for him.

Wow.

Some powerful commentary from that article.

Jesse Edwards, Syracuse University's sophomore center, has been relegated to the end of Coach Jim Boeheim’s bench for the majority of the season. Many, including myself, have been screaming from the mountaintops: "FREE JESSE!!!!"

On many occasions over the past two years, I’ve personally messaged Jesse to offer some encouragement, telling him almost exactly what Syracuse legends Rosevelt Bouie, Coach Louis Orr, and the late Conrad McRae told me my freshman year. I wasn’t playing and Coach Boeheim was similarly telling everyone I wasn’t ready. I told Jesse that his time was going to come to make Coach Boeheim eat his words...

:(
That's from a former player?
Etan isn’t a HoF coach, hasn’t seen practice, yadda, yadda, yadda. ;)

Wow.

Jesse Edwards, Syracuse University's sophomore center, has been relegated to the end of Coach Jim Boeheim’s bench for the majority of the season. Many, including myself, have been screaming from the mountaintops: "FREE JESSE!!!!"

On many occasions over the past two years, I’ve personally messaged Jesse to offer some encouragement, telling him almost exactly what Syracuse legends Rosevelt Bouie, Coach Louis Orr, and the late Conrad McRae told me my freshman year. I wasn’t playing and Coach Boeheim was similarly telling everyone I wasn’t ready. I told Jesse that his time was going to come to make Coach Boeheim eat his words...

Indicative of an old school coach who may not understand the psychology of kids today. Despite having one of his one on the same squad. But you'll notice that he never used the language toward his own kid that he has used against some of the other players.

jb is stubborn but that question about edwards being able to help early was the stupidist question ever and was asked with motives

Channeling his inner JB, I thought I heard Roy say in last night's presser; it's simple, we simply just didn't make any shots, or along those lines. ;)

Joking aside, I wonder when was the last time we came away with a W when being crushed on the boards by such a large margin?
Matt Park threw a stat out there that teams who get outrebounded by at least 20 in games have a winning percentage of .027, meaning they win the games less than 3 percent

Wow.

Yup and what I consider an even worse one is the following

The worst thing that could happen is for Coach Boeheim to throw him in a game and he doesn't play well -- that would allow him to say to the media "See? That’s why I can’t play him. He’s not ready."

The fact a former, very respected, former player sees the same thing that 80% of the fans see when JB gets his narrative going and sometimes even throws players under the bus in order to prove it (or at least try to prove it) is so very very dissapointing.

It these observations of Coach over the past several years, not the disappointing record, that has made me flip from 200% JB is the man and even if he stays too long, so what he deserves it cause he built it... To ya Know I still don’t want to push him out because he really did build it, but I really wish he would leave (or would have left already)

While he has always been a ^&#% to the local media, the last few years he has turned on the players, and even turned on many fans, and I don’t understand it and I certainly don’t like it.

jb is stubborn but that question about edwards being able to help early was the stupidist question ever and was asked with motives
It might not have been smart given he had to know how JB would react, but I think it was interesting nonetheless. It's just sad that JB is becoming increasingly sensitive to anyone questioning his decision-making and player comments.

It might not have been smart given he had to know how JB would react, but I think it was interesting nonetheless. It's just sad that JB is becoming increasingly sensitive to anyone questioning his decision-making and player comments.

If JB is not going to be honest at times, and I think he has been less than 100% honest about player development this season, I have no issue at all with Gutierrez asking questions "just out of curiousity".

It’s a National virus. Many of our mentors , leaders, coaches have caught the Lying Disease .

Etan is saying what fans are saying who aren’t ride or die.

I wish Etan would speak in the local media. Axe, PS, Daily Orange, Citrus TV get him on.
He does a weekly hit on the KRock morning show. 100.9 Krock is a bro stat to the station that plays SU games, TK99.

He didn’t deserve minutes. He had chances earlier in the year. He seems to have turned a corner and def looks deserving of more mins but the guy we saw out there tonight is flat out better than earlier. You want to act like he should have been starting all along even though he looked lost for most of the season.

It‘s the same kid. There is no magic here. I‘d argue that if he played more earlier he’d would of progressed earlier. JB didn’t see him as part of the solution. That is why he didn’t progress earlier.

I don’t disagree with him, but am guessing he won’t be the next guy to get his jersey retired with those comments.
could be angling for the HC job...thats how I am taking it...hes not wrong though

could be angling for the HC job...thats how I am taking it...hes not wrong though
I doubt that, but I wouldn’t be opposed to him as the head coach. I’d take him over any of the rest of the staff.

It‘s the same kid. There is no magic here. I‘d argue that if he played more earlier he’d would of progressed earlier. JB didn’t see him as part of the solution. That is why he didn’t progress earlier.
That’s your opinion. You don’t know he would have progressed earlier. It’s possible a light has just gone on and he’s turned a corner. Or he’s put in a ton of work in practice and with good coaching/hard work he’s improved. I was unimpressed with him earlier in the year albeit in limited mins and didn’t think he would be part of the solution. Thought he played weak and had hands of stone always getting the ball poked away. I’m glad he’s proving me wrong although he’s gotta keep doing it. Like I said in previous posts, if he can emerge and provide a steady presence at the 5 this team will be much better off this season and in the future.

That’s your opinion. You don’t know he would have progressed earlier. It’s possible a light has just gone on and he’s turned a corner. Or he’s put in a ton of work in practice and with good coaching/hard work he’s improved. I was unimpressed with him earlier in the year albeit in limited mins and didn’t think he would be part of the solution. Thought he played weak and had hands of stone always getting the ball poked away. I’m glad he’s proving me wrong although he’s gotta keep doing it. Like I said in previous posts, if he can emerge and provide a steady presence at the 5 this team will be much better off this season and in the future.
You sure like to dig in. Keep shoveling. I’m sure at some point even you’ll believe this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom