Does anybody still think Edwards... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Does anybody still think Edwards...

He had chances repeatedly. He had the ball poked out of his hands numerous times, was never strong with the ball and not very aggressive. He looked like a much different player tonight than earlier in the season.
He played 5 minutes in 3 games between Miami and Georgia Tech.
What are you talking about.
He was DNP-CD in 5 games before he got a chance against Georgia Tech the other 3 game he played 5 minutes total.

Your statement is incorrect.

So you are a Marek at the 5 guy then ? You realize we lose tonight with that right ?

I'm fine with Marek starting at the 5 (concerned with his offensive regression). I'd play the other three underclass center a lot more and just tell them to play as hard as they can for about 5 minutes each.

He played 5 minutes in 3 games between Miami and Georgia Tech.
He was DNP-CD in 5 games before he got a chance against Georgia Tech the other 3 game he played 5 minutes total.

Your statement is incorrect.
He didn’t deserve minutes. He had chances earlier in the year. He seems to have turned a corner and def looks deserving of more mins but the guy we saw out there tonight is flat out better than earlier. You want to act like he should have been starting all along even though he looked lost for most of the season.

It’s crazy ppl are acting like Edwards should have been starting all year. He’s had a few moments here and there but the JE we saw out there tonight looked like a much different player than earlier in the year. Let’s hope he’s turned a corner here because if he has that solves a lot of issues for us.

He could've easily given us 5-10 minutes for most of the year especially in conference play. We prolly win the 1st Pitt game and maybe vs UNC game if he plays more

He didn’t deserve minutes. He had chances earlier in the year. He seems to have turned a corner and def looks deserving of more mins but the guy we saw out there tonight is flat out better than earlier. You want to act like he should have been starting all along even though he looked lost for most of the season.
He played 48 minutes the entire season before Georgia Tech.
This statement is laughable.
The only game he got real minutes he looked solid against Miami.
You are making declarative statements based on 25 minutes TOTAL. 16 minutes of those 25 were in garbage time against midmajors.

He didn’t get playing time. Just stop.

7'5 wingspan-Check
Good touch-Check
Good hands-check
Good athlete for size-check
Strength-TBD
IF he can put on 10 pounds of muscle, I think he has a chance to last 10 years in the NBA.

He played 48 minutes the entire season before Georgia Tech.
This statement is laughable.
The only game he got real minutes he looked solid against Miami.
You are making declarative statements based on 25 minutes TOTAL. 16 minutes of those 25 were in garbage time against midmajors.

He didn’t get playing time. Just stop.
Lol. Sorry man. I just don’t think he deserved a ton of mins from what I saw earlier in the year. You can disagree and that’s fine but this is by far the best game he’s played and really the first time I’ve seen him this aggressive. He def deserves more mins now because he looks like a different player. Also your making declarative statements after one game...

He could've easily given us 5-10 minutes for most of the year especially in conference play. We prolly win the 1st Pitt game and maybe vs UNC game if he plays more
That’s fair. Maybe JB should have given him a few more mins to gain experience and get more of a look especially since we lack a 5 but in the limited mins he played outside of the Miami game I didn’t think he really separated himself up until tonight that is.

When is the last time an SU center threw one down like Edwards did tonight?
Wherever and whatever Jesse's "corner" is, that play and his overall game proved to me Edwards is past it and deserves to play EVERY GAME.
...And that means being allowed to play through rough starts in a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom