Does anybody still think Edwards... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Does anybody still think Edwards...

Should have been getting at least 7-10 minutes all year, if only because we could not have Marek play 35+ a game at the 5. Should have been given either time to develop, or time to play his way out of the rotation. We did neither.

I was very big on Jesse after last season. Clearly by here is a strength issue, and I can only assume some development has taken place this season.
We also don’t know the Covid has impacted kids through the season.
Just a crazy year.

... wasn't ready to be a contributor this year, even in a limited capacity?

Oops
Wasn’t ready early. And development hurt by delay getting to campus. Give the coaches some credit for working with him in December and January so he can contribute in late February and March. In retrospect, the times we went on pause and players worked one on one with their position coaches may have worked in his favor.

He didn’t deserve minutes. He had chances earlier in the year. He seems to have turned a corner and def looks deserving of more mins but the guy we saw out there tonight is flat out better than earlier. You want to act like he should have been starting all along even though he looked lost for most of the season.
He should have played minutes. Pretty simple. Alleviate MD and in certain matchups play against others bigs. Come on!

Feel bad we left Edwards on the bench all year. Especially against teams like PITT and where we needed the help. Minimum he is good for clogging the lane and ironically on offense “opens the floor” up. Again we spotted them 11 points before bring in KR. We need to start the game with the best players on the floor.

This young fella appeared to improve greatly even from the GT game. Displayed much better hands, and made his presence known down low. I have a feeling that with a little more time, he may become a reliable scorer on the block, and a willing passer out of double teams.

Wasn’t ready early. And development hurt by delay getting to campus. Give the coaches some credit for working with him in December and January so he can contribute in late February and March. In retrospect, the times we went on pause and players worked one on one with their position coaches may have worked in his favor.
Would he have even played again this year if Marek didn’t get in foul trouble last game?

He came to SU as a very raw recruit who played on the IMG "B" team. He was abroad until early in the semester when his visa came through. Not sure he had any training regimen in Holland before he arrived in the fall. Also, for what ever reason, Jon Bol seemed to be Boeheim's #2 center based on practices and Edward's questionable play.

No need to blame the coaching staff here, we should just be happy he's starting to emerge as a legit big man who may help us win a game or two down the stretch. Huge credit to what ever assistant coach works with the bigs. I'm more in the camp of those that think he wasn't playing due to not being ready not some belief that JB just didn't see his obvious talent.

The future is definitely brighter at the center position and we haven't seen what a year of redshirting may do for the 3rd center. Boeheim has repeatedly said "he's not ready" so have to accept that as a fact.

He came to SU as a very raw recruit who played on the IMG "B" team. He was abroad until early in the semester when his visa came through. Not sure he had any training regimen in Holland before he arrived in the fall. Also, for what ever reason, Jon Bol seemed to be Boeheim's #2 center based on practices and Edward's questionable play.

No need to blame the coaching staff here, we should just be happy he's starting to emerge as a legit big man who may help us win a game or two down the stretch. Huge credit to what ever assistant coach works with the bigs. I'm more in the camp of those that think he wasn't playing due to not being ready not some belief that JB just didn't see his obvious talent.

The future is definitely brighter at the center position and we haven't seen what a year of redshirting may do for the 3rd center. Boeheim has repeatedly said "he's not ready" so have to accept that as a fact.
He played in 21 games last year and got double digit minutes 7 times.

He should have played minutes. Pretty simple. Alleviate MD and in certain matchups play against others bigs. Come on!
I’m not disagreeing. I think he should have played around 5-7 mins a game, more if he was playing like he did tonight. However he did get chances earlier and really did nothing (up until miami) to distinguish himself apart from JBA. Ppl saying he should have been starting all year I just don’t agree with that.

I’m not dismissing that at all. I’m sure he’s better now than he was 3 months ago and is more ready.

But there were many games where 40 minutes of Marek wasn’t going to work. He couldn’t have played 5-10?

Why does it have to be from 0 minutes to 20+ minutes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom