Does anyone believe that with a new football coach and the current level of talent, that Syracuse could contend for an ACC title? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Does anyone believe that with a new football coach and the current level of talent, that Syracuse could contend for an ACC title?

10-3. Say it happens. Still want Dino canned?

hypothetical question yes. But it says a lot about your mindset how you answer Based on your previous post.
It’s not. Your point is irrelevant. People who think we can just run the table are not paying attention and were fooled by a 4-0 start.

It’s not. Your point is irrelevant. People who think we can just run the table are not paying attention and were fooled by a 4-0 start.
Oy vey. There are no automatic losses left on the schedule. Chill and Let it play out ffs.

Could be better and compete with the current level of talent, but ACC title? No. Absolutely not.

Stop. Go check out NY state recruiting rankings the last 4-5 years. We lost a lot more recruits to teams outside of the 4 hour radius. The problem is the program has turned into a joke for the last 20 years outside of a few seasons.
That's because there ain't much within 4 hours...like I said

That's because there ain't much within 4 hours...like I said
My point is there is talent, but we don’t have a guy to bring them here. So they go elsewhere.
I think we were on same page just lost in text translation

S
No but we can get a better coach than Dino. The Dino we hired was a good coach, he had balls, he made his players believe. He isn’t that guy anymore. The ACC is top heavy. Titles? No, but 7-8 wins consistently is very reasonable with an occasional great season and being competitive against the top teams in general. Just because we hired idiots like GROB and Shafer doesn’t mean there aren’t better coaches out there than 2019-2023 Dino
150%. This is not the 2017 Dino vs VPI Dino. I don’t know who this guy is anymore.

And not for nothing, I think his gimic offense worked well at lower levels where you don’t have to rely on having superior OL talent. It just doesn’t work at this level with average or below average OL’s without a superior talent at QB who is a dual threat. Healthy Dungey as a senior is what you need at a minimum to have top 20 type seasons without the line talent.

Last edited:
I get hung up on the lack of disciplined football in general but the in game coaching mistakes are pretty phenomenal. Things don't seem to be getting better, they certainly don't feel like it. I'm ready to move on but I get concerned that in a year like this, playing a pretty easy schedule overall, he will get 7 wins and a bowl game and we are stuck with uninspired football.

Oy vey. There are no automatic losses left on the schedule. Chill and Let it play out ffs.
I am chill you’re throwing out stupid hypotheticals haha. What if hypothetically we woke up tomorrow and Cuse canned Dino and signed Urban Meyer and every 5 star immediately committed to Cuse

After Clemson game: “it’s just one loss, chill out”
After UNC game: “first tough game on the road, chill out”
After FSU game: “we could run the table the rest of the way, chill out”

Who would like to guess the response if we lose to Va Tech

I am chill you’re throwing out stupid hypotheticals haha. What if hypothetically we woke up tomorrow and Cuse canned Dino and signed Urban Meyer and every 5 star immediately committed to Cuse
he wouldnt win enough here for people either so it don’t matter is all I’m saying. Is 7-9 or 10 wins with another coach better than 7-10 wins with Dino?
win enough here let her so what’s it matter. 10-3

After Clemson game: “it’s just one loss, chill out”
After UNC game: “first tough game on the road, chill out”
After FSU game: “we could run the table the rest of the way, chill out”

Who would like to guess the response if we lose to Va Tech
You should really start rooting for Georgia or Ohio st

Spot on. The lack of talent in a 4 hour radius is just not there. We consider NJ our backyard, but there are schools located much closer to talent rich NJ, and PA than us. Even when we have talent in a 4 hour radius, the best ones end up heading somewhere else, and I can't blame them. You aren't getting the big time exposure, or competing for national titles by staying here.
Not unless we were recruiting talent and would be ranked in the top ten every year. If we were, they'd stay and others would come in from talent rich states. The best want to play for the best.

The top eleven states with the most talent for 2023 - are in order:

1. Texas - Best High School Duncanville - Duncanville
2. Florida - " " " IMG Academy - Bradenton
3. California " " " Mater Dei - Santa Ana
4. Georgia " " " Buford - Buford
5. Alabama " " " Thompson Alabaster - Alabaster 50 - 5 since 20198
6. Louisianna " " " John Curtis Christian - River Ridge
7. Ohio " " " St. Edward - Lakeland
8. Virginia " " " Highland Springs - Highlang Springs
9. Pennsylvania " " St. Joseph Prep - Philadelphia
10. Illinois " " " Est St. Louis- E.St. Louis
11. New Jersey " " Bergen Catholic - Oradell

So what’s your idea of being successful? 8- 4 not being blown out in some games versus 8-4 being competitive in all games. Still 8-4. and please outline all those successful kick ass years we strung together for multiple awesome seasons to expect better results otherwise

They let the program slip and didn’t invest when we were still good in the 90s.

We’re toast now.
For sure…I don’t think anyone reasonable thinks we should be in the playoff picture but it’s not unreasonable to be decent every 4-5 years

I feel like a sticky post needs to be put on the top of the board so we can link to it when someone does the “what do you think we should be”? I feel like I’ve answered the same question on both the basketball and football board like every year for the past 10 years

Syracuse does not spend enough money on coaches, facilities, NIL to contend for conference championships.

Realistically if things break well I could see them contend once every 6-8 years.