Does anyone believe that with a new football coach and the current level of talent, that Syracuse could contend for an ACC title? | Syracusefan.com

Does anyone believe that with a new football coach and the current level of talent, that Syracuse could contend for an ACC title?

Dr. Bill

Scout Team
No, we need a significant talent upgrade. How can you have recruiting classes below 35-40 and expect to compete in the ACC, where several schools have top 20
recruiting classes every year.

No, we need a significant talent upgrade. How can you have recruiting classes below 35-40 and expect to compete in the ACC, where several schools have top 20
recruiting classes every year.

That’s the thing, Dino isn’t bringing them in

The guy is an offensive guy and he can’t recruit offensive players if his life depended on it

Last edited:
Current talent level? NO.

Will a new coaching staff get us from classes ranked in the 50-60's to Top 20? NO. Hasn't happened in 30 years, and I don't think it will start tomorrow.

We might be able to cobb together one magical season every once in a while, but competing against the Top of the ACC year in and year out won't happen.

Good for us that FSU, Clemson, and UNC will soon be replaced by USF, Memphis, and Tulane.

No, but we need a better in game coach and recruiter. Theres cities just as cold and snows there too that have good teams. Because that’s some of the knocks on Syracuse.
Name some of these cold weather schools where it snows like Syracuse and I bet they are competing in a league with similar schools and don't have the geographic disparity that we face. Syracuse faces a huge recruiting problem in the ACC that it didn't face before except Miami, when we were both in the Big East. Pitt and Boston college have the same recruiting issues as we do except each school has a distinct but different advantage over Syracuse: Pitt: has a very strong recruiting base because of it's location in talent rich Western PA and Ohio, and proximity to Philly and DC. Boston College : Boston is a much better city and and a great college town compared to Syracuse...

Name some of these cold weather schools where it snows like Syracuse and I bet they are competing in a league with similar schools and don't have the geographic disparity that we face. Syracuse faces a huge recruiting problem in the ACC that it didn't face before except Miami, when we were both in the Big East. Pitt and Boston college have the same recruiting issues as we do except each school has a distinct but different advantage over Syracuse: Pitt: has a very strong recruiting base because of it's location in talent rich Western PA and Ohio, and proximity to Philly and DC. Boston College : Boston is a much better city and and a great college town compared to Syracuse...
At some point this argument is mute. They play football in a dome. The ability to get kids drafted has nothing to do with the weather. They need a recruiter who will bring in talent in a zero balance weather environment.

I just want a coach who knows to go for it on 4th down when you are running out of chances. He's making common sense mistakes every single game now.

I like the guy but he's run out of chances with me. His decision making lowers the team's chances to win almost every game.

That’s the thing, Dino isn’t bringing them in

The guy is an offensive guy and he can’t recruit offensive players if his life dependent on it
In your opinion.

check the time setting on your flux capacitor. you see this is 2023 and we have this thing now called the portal...

This has been discussed numerous times here already and schools have been listed. You can probably search for it.

Answer to original question: no.

Answer to question not asked: ain’t gonna happen unless stuff changes, which has nothing to do with the coach.

I think we could be better. But we certainly need more talent to contend