Does Dungey start this Saturday | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Does Dungey start this Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
And at the end of the season Jb will be doing the same thing. JB doesn't sub.

I did think it was funny the coach yesterday put his reserves in and motioned to JB like umm you gonna leave them all in...LOL

Ok ATL. Have a good one. I hear ATL is like seatlle lately.

its been awful. everything is soggy from non-stop rain. not very hard rain, just a lot of consistent rain and no sun.

2 years ago in similar situations SS pulled Sophomore with no experience Terrel Hunt for Drew Allen in blowouts against Georgia Tech, Florida State, Clemson.

What changed from then now? Hunt needed reps and confidence but SS let Allen finish those games. Playing Dungey with 5 minutes left was a poor decision. The risk was not worth the reward and people were saying this in the chat room before Dungey got hurt.
I

In 2011 Ryan Nassib took every single snap and Syracuse finished 5-7; losing the last 5 games.

In 2012 Nassib threw every single pass but 1. Loeb took less than 15/20 snaps all year and that included 4 blowout wins over UConn, Temple, LVille and WVU. Nassib never came out of the game.

Coaches rarely go to the bench.

Dungey needs to get better. He was rightfully in the game trying to get better, maybe stringing one last scoring drive together.

In 2011 Ryan Nassib took every single snap and Syracuse finished 5-7; losing the last 5 games.

In 2012 Nassib threw every single pass but 1. Loeb took less than 15/20 snaps all year and that included 4 blowout wins over UConn, Temple, LVille and WVU. Nassib never came out of the game.

Dungey needs to get better. He was rightfully in the game trying to get better, maybe stringing one last scoring drive together.

The only difference to me is that to my recollection Nassib never had his bell rung. Never missed a game and never had to come out of a game. Nassib has happened 3x now. maybe 1 was just acting. but 2 were not.

Nassib was also never careless running around.

I dont hate Dungey. I love him. I just want to increase the percentage that he plays for us next year to 100%.

LOL you are going to go back to Nassib.
Please answer this why in the previous week against Florida State in a game that the score was 45-14 with 9 minutes left SS put Mahoney in? The freaking WEEK BEFORE he took Dungey out down 31. What changed? I mean defending SS in this one makes literally no sense.
Coaches rarely go to the bench? In 2013 in blowout against Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech this VERY coach took out an inexperienced kid in Terrel Hunt and let Drew Allen finish those games. What changed?

I mean seriously. C'mon man.

C'mon Alsacs...all you are doing is speculating. Do you have sources? ;)

O5EprVj.jpg

1. The only difference to me is that to my recollection Nassib never had his bell rung. Never missed a game and never had to come out of a game. Nassib has happened 3x now. maybe 1 was just acting. but 2 were not.

Nassib was also never careless running around.

I dont hate Dungey. I love him. I just want to increase the percentage that he plays for us next year to 100%.

I don’t disagree. Nassib was a pocket passer. So he generally only got hit when sacked; 29 sacks in 2011. 65 runs. (2012 16 & 84)

Dungey has 91 runs and 15 sacks.

Dungey’s strength is his ability to run and create something out of nothing. If you sit him, you protect him but I don’t know, he’s not getting better and learning on the bench. He needs to play. He needs to run. I honestly don’t think the offense is good right now because they’ve taken away his strength.

He’s a lot like Manziel. How much did Manziel sit – honest question.

IDK, this is football. He could just as easily get knocked out the first play next week.

I don’t disagree. Nassib was a pocket passer. So he generally only got hit when sacked; 29 sacks in 2011. 65 runs. (2012 16 & 84)

Dungey has 91 runs and 15 sacks.

Dungey’s strength is his ability to run and create something out of nothing. If you sit him, you protect him but I don’t know, he’s not getting better and learning on the bench. He needs to play. He needs to run. I honestly don’t think the offense is good right now because they’ve taken away his strength.

He’s a lot like Manziel. How much did Manziel sit – honest question.

IDK, this is football. He could just as easily get knocked out the first play next week.

All very fair points. Manziel also never really had to play through meaningless games though.

Please answer this why in the previous week against Florida State in a game that the score was 45-14 with 9 minutes left SS put Mahoney in? The freaking WEEK BEFORE he took Dungey out down 31. What changed? I mean defending SS in this one makes literally no sense.
Coaches rarely go to the bench? In 2013 in blowout against Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech this VERY coach took out an inexperienced kid in Terrel Hunt and let Drew Allen finish those games. What changed?

What changed... the OC. Lester wanted to keep Dungey in to help him get his rythmn back.

I personally wanted Dungey in the game getting better.

I watch a lot of football and starting QB's play A LOT in blowouts either way.

The piling on of the injury being Shafer’s fault is moronic.

My god this thread is insane. Why does everything have to be a fight. 99% of the people on this board do not know the facts. Some of the people on here do and have never steered anyone wrong before. You guys need to trust what people are saying. Lastly why does anyone need proof. The bottom line is its his health and we are not entitled to his Drs reports. How would you like if your dr or mom released your medical report. Everyone calm down

The explanation is just poor I believe. The previous week shows the inconsistency.
However, hopefully the AD makes in a change in 3 weeks.
BTW I believe Heater's info about the injury. I am mad at the coach for letting the player in garbage time and put himself in a situation to get hurt in a situation most coaches pull their starting QBs.

The explanation is just poor I believe. The previous week shows the inconsistency.
However, hopefully the AD makes in a change in 3 weeks.
BTW I believe Heater's info about the injury. I am mad at the coach for letting the player in garbage time and put himself in a situation to get hurt in a situation most coaches pull their starting QBs.
Could it be that your hatred for the coaching staff is clouding your judgement a little

Alsacs said:
It is frustrating because the decision ended up hurting the team. Dungey is the key to the future. You treat him so. The coach shouldn't be playing the kid down 31 points w/5 minutes left especially when the week before he took the kid out w/9 minutes left down less points that he was against Louisville. I think it is a fair point to say this injury occurred unnecessarily and that is on the HC.

It's an equally fair point to say he should have stayed in for experience. The benefit of hindsight is helping your argument.

Could it be that your hatred for the coaching staff is clouding your judgement a little

I cant believe I am going to do this. But I don't think Alsacs has a hatred. It is clear that he feels it is time a for a change.

What I just don't understand is why if people want to keep or fire shafer we need to do it in every thread.

Hatred is beyond a bad word. I don't hate SS or any football coach. I take hate to mean if they needed help I wouldn't give it. I don't hate any FB coach.

I didn't like the SS hire. i thought it was a rush job and terrible selection. If people like your post saying I hate SS then I will know what people truly are.
I showing another reason why SS is not a HC and should not remain SU HC. He is inconsistent and doesn't learn. Full Rebar's post was perfect. I don't give this coach any benefit of the dount and decisions like leaving Dungey in against UL and taking him out against FSU show why.

It's an equally fair point to say he should have stayed in for experience. The benefit of hindsight is helping your argument.
Why did SS take out against FSU in the same situation the week before then? Why didn't he need experience then? Seriously dude this one I don't believe you care enough about and you want to come in late?

You are just so much smarter than me. I mean wow. The keep SS people are just as bad as the people who want change.

I just hope Coyle realizes we need change not more of the same.
I was at the Bball game yesterday and ran into Coyle. I reminded him of his visit to the Syracusefan.com tailgate and chatted with him a little about football. His face took on a pained expression and he was clearly troubled. Other than saying that they're working very hard on how to improve the football program, he offered no real insight into his thoughts. However, he clearly has had many uncomfortable discussions about football in the recent past. I think he realizes some kind of action is necessary, but it may not include a HC change. I think Coyle is looking at a wide range of options. My impression is that he's a very serious guy.

Last edited:
If you ask me, Dungey doesn't look as dynamic passing the ball as he did early. I'd suspect he's tiring, which is probably natural for a frosh at this point in the season.

It's hard to argue that if he is healthy enough to play, that he should do otherwise. However, the combination of the hits and maybe "needing to find a second wind..." well I'd be cautious if I was both his coach and his parents. Sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war.

Last edited:
Hatred is beyond a bad word. I don't hate SS or any football coach. I take hate to mean if they needed help I wouldn't give it. I don't hate any FB coach.

I didn't like the SS hire. i thought it was a rush job and terrible selection. If people like your post saying I hate SS then I will know what people truly are.
I showing another reason why SS is not a HC and should not remain SU HC. He is inconsistent and doesn't learn. Full Rebar's post was perfect. I don't give this coach any benefit of the dount and decisions like leaving Dungey in against UL and taking him out against FSU show why.
Sorry hatred was the wrong word to use.

I was at the Bball game yesterday and ran into Coyle. I reminded him of his visit to the Syracusefan.com tailgate and chatted with him a little about football. His face took on a pained expression and he was clearly troubled. Other than saying that they're working very hard on how to improve the football program, he offered no real insight into his thoughts. However, he clearly has had many uncomfortable discussions about football in the recent past. I think he realizes some kind of action is necessary, but it may not include a HC change. I think Coyle is looking at a wide range of options. My impression is that he's a very serious guy.
I will wait till the end of the season and no change is made before being frustrated with Coyle.

If Coyle keeps SS he owns it. That is all I will say. Right now nothing is on Coyle.

I will wait till the end of the season and no change is made before being frustrated with Coyle.

If Coyle keeps SS he owns it. That is all I will say. Right now nothing is on Coyle.

There are some reasons in which giving shafer just 1 more make or break season actually make some sense though, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom