Does Dungey start this Saturday | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Does Dungey start this Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 years ago in similar situations SS pulled Sophomore with no experience Terrel Hunt for Drew Allen in blowouts against Georgia Tech, Florida State, Clemson.

What changed from then now? Hunt needed reps and confidence but SS let Allen finish those games. Playing Dungey with 5 minutes left was a poor decision. The risk was not worth the reward and people were saying this in the chat room before Dungey got hurt.
I

I wouldnt know about the Ga Tech game. I left before the end of the 3rd Q. Still to this day the only time I have left a Syracuse game early.

2 years ago in similar situations SS pulled Sophomore with no experience Terrel Hunt for Drew Allen in blowouts against Georgia Tech, Florida State, Clemson.

What changed from then now? Hunt needed reps and confidence but SS let Allen finish those games. Playing Dungey with 5 minutes left was a poor decision. The risk was not worth the reward and people were saying this in the chat room before Dungey got hurt.
I

I assume because # 1 next up is Mahoney. #2 it appears that for the first time in a while we have a foundation to build on.

I am not saying that I would have had him out there, but I don't think its a gotcha moment that he did.

I wouldnt know about the Ga Tech game. I left before the end of the 3rd Q. Still to this day the only time I have left a Syracuse game early.

That was easily the worst loss of this coaching staff. No question about that.

But where did it come from? Obviously I am looking for a link or a quote of some sort. He still hasnt posted it.
How exactly would you like me to link personal conversations?

I assume because # 1 next up is Mahoney. #2 it appears that for the first time in a while we have a foundation to build on.

I am not saying that I would have had him out there, but I don't think its a gotcha moment that he did.
Mahoney finished the game at Florida State the week before. The game was over no need to play your starting QB w/5 minutes left. Honestly it isn't a gotcha moment as the staff is done for the team performance. It is just illustrating this injury was completely unnecessary because our HC didn't do what a super-majority of his peers would have done in the same situation.

He just should have had Mahoney hand the ball off and get the heck out of there.

How exactly would you like me to link personal conversations?

How would in the world would I know that you had a personal conversation with the mother or family?

and dont you have a website? Why would you talk to the family if it weren't for the website? You didn't get quotes?

Again - I just want to know what was said. Someone posted they "read it somewhere" - so where did they read it?

I have no idea why you and HeaterCuse22 are so aggressive with this? Heaters post responding to yours is insane. Quit with the mocking posts. I dont need a personal convo transcribed but you could at least say that you had 1.

Mahoney finished the game at Florida State the week before. The game was over no need to play your starting QB w/5 minutes left. Honestly it isn't a gotcha moment as the staff is done for the team performance. It is just illustrating this injury was completely unnecessary because our HC didn't do what a super-majority of his peers would have done in the same situation.

He just should have had Mahoney hand the ball off and get the heck out of there.

Look I played sports a pretty high level. So I am not disputing that if I was coaching, I would have probably taken him 0ut. I am just saying that its also not the end of the planet that he didn't. I mean in retrospect of course its proven bad. For instance with 1.5 minutes left in the basketball game yesterday up 93-54 to a DII team, boeheim had Gbnige on he floor.

How would in the world would I know that you had a personal conversation with the mother or family?

and dont you have a website? Why would you talk to the family if it weren't for the website? You didn't get quotes?

Again - I just want to know what was said. Someone posted they "read it somewhere" - so where did they read it?

I have no idea why you and HeaterCuse22 are so aggressive with this? Heaters post responding to yours is insane. Quit with the mocking posts. I dont need a personal convo transcribed but you could at least say that you had 1.
Not being aggressive at all. I just don't get why people refuse to believe the family was on board despite the fact that they've told people they very much are.

And I do talk to people outside of having any sort of purpose behind it. My website is a place for me to write my personal opinions about SU more than anything, it's not an attempt at breaking news. I have had many conversations with people around the program that I'd never put in any articles because frankly, it's not my place to try to break any of that news, and also because I talk to people about things other than football, too. You're allowed to have conversations with people without having ulterior motives.

I was aggressive? You mean like calling people out and saying you for sure know what happened with no context. Please man. Calm down.

I was aggressive? You mean like calling people out and saying you for sure know what happened with no context. Please man. Calm down.

What are you talking about? who did i call out? what do i "for sure know what happened?" That he was knocked out cold?

I just don't get why people refuse to believe the family was on board despite the fact that they've told people they very much are..

Why do you think I "refuse to believe"?

Why do you think I "refuse to believe"?
Because you've questioned it at every single turn? Every time it's mentioned, "But where did you see this?" "Where's your proof?" Etc, etc. That strikes me as refusing to believe.

But where did it come from? Obviously I am looking for a link or a quote of some sort. He still hasnt posted it.
I can verify that what they are saying is the truth that the Dungeys were perfectly fine with Eric still being in the game. That he needed to be out there to retain his confidence after two interceptions and a fumble.

Look I played sports a pretty high level. So I am not disputing that if I was coaching, I would have probably taken him 0ut. I am just saying that its also not the end of the planet that he didn't. I mean in retrospect of course its proven bad. For instance with 1.5 minutes left in the basketball game yesterday up 93-54 to a DII team, boeheim had Gbnige on he floor.
It is frustrating because the decision ended up hurting the team. Dungey is the key to the future. You treat him so. The coach shouldn't be playing the kid down 31 points w/5 minutes left especially when the week before he took the kid out w/9 minutes left down less points that he was against Louisville.

I think it is a fair point to say this injury occurred unnecessarily and that is on the HC.

Because you've questioned it at every single turn? Every time it's mentioned, "But where did you see this?" "Where's your proof?" Etc, etc. That strikes me as refusing to believe.

LIke i said earlier in this post, I like you and i respect you - but you are kind of starting to piss me off.

"Can you post what they said about it?"

I questioned it at every single turn? I responded to heater that i was looking for the article (obviously LONG before you said it was a personal conversation - which was clearly the furthest possibility from my mind at the time.)

The Dungey's are much better people than me, I am furious that he was kept in the game but they are ok with it. That doesn't change my opinion on HCSS's decision but I am glad they are ok with it and hopefully ok emotionally after what their son has endured this year

I can verify that what they are saying is the truth that the Dungeys were perfectly fine with Eric still being in the game. That he needed to be out there to retain his confidence after two interceptions and a fumble.

I am curious how its possible to verify if there is no article or quotes?

I am not saying its not true or I dont believe you. I want to make the very clear. But are you and jekelish having conference calls with them? Or sitting with them at the game? twitter convos? I'm honestly just curious.

I am curious how its possible to verify if there is no article or quotes?

I am not saying its not true or I dont believe you. I want to make the very clear. But are you and jekelish having conference calls with them? Or sitting with them at the game? twitter convos? I'm honestly just curious.

this is a good example of "refusing to believe" Just for reference

I am not saying its not true or I dont believe you. I want to make the very clear. But are you and jekelish having conference calls with them? Or sitting with them at the game? twitter convos? I'm honestly just curious.[/QUOTE]

Let me put it this way. How I know doesn't come from Jek or Heater.

Very few of you have a clue about Eric and his situation. The ones who do are seemingly being pilloried at every turn. It's pathetic, the entire tone of the board is infested with hostility.

Totally disgusted with most of you. I know you don't care.

It is the beginning of the basketball season. All coaches want and need to build that chemistry amongst the team. The more they play together the better they get. Our season has been a debacle. I think your comparing apples to oranges. IMO.

And at the end of the season Jb will be doing the same thing. JB doesn't sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom