Does Dungey start this Saturday | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Does Dungey start this Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Lester has said, and others you don't know, he was out there to try to get some positive after a bad run. Everyone was fine with him having gone back in.

And I do not believe what Shafer said was meant as a comeback to victory.

And did you watch the bball game today? What did you think of JB putting all the starters back in up 50 with about 4:30 to play? Was it to get more work for them? Ditto Dungey.
It is the beginning of the basketball season. All coaches want and need to build that chemistry amongst the team. The more they play together the better they get. Our season has been a debacle. I think your comparing apples to oranges. IMO.

are you mocking me?

Did the team physicians say he wasn't knocked out cold?

do you think that the 18 yr old kid who has a family and a future wasn't knocked unconscious for a period of time? I was under the impression that we all knew that he was out cold.
Not mocking you. You spoke with such conviction that I assumed you were a doctor that had examined him. If you haven't, how are you so sure he had 3 concussions and was "certainly knocked unconscious"?

rrlbees said:
This coming from the guy who has wanted the ouster of every coach we've had going back as far as I can remember which was P.

That's unfair. There was like a two week period in 2012 that he supported Marrone.

I was perfectly fine with dungey in the game late on Saturday and as soon as he's cleared he should be back on the field playing, whether this week or next week.

Not mocking you. You spoke with such conviction that I assumed you were a doctor that had examined him. If you haven't, how are you so sure he had 3 concussions and was "certainly knocked unconscious"?

FYI: you seem to be mocking me again in this post.

"unofficially, officially #3 in about 2 months" is speaking with "such conviction?"

so i shouldnt have said "certainly knocked unconscious" but I would have been cool with "look at the video and his entire body go limp for 3 or 4 seconds, no way a boxing ref lets that fight continue"

FYI: you seem to be mocking me again in this post.

"unofficially, officially #3 in about 2 months" is speaking with "such conviction?"

so i shouldnt have said "certainly knocked unconscious" but I would have been cool with "look at the video and his entire body go limp for 3 or 4 seconds, no way a boxing ref lets that fight continue"

Who cares what a boxing ref would do, doctors cleared him each time. Doctors. Not a ref, not a coach, medical doctors. Why is this even a debate?

Who cares what a boxing ref would do, doctors cleared him each time. Doctors. Not a ref, not a coach, medical doctors. Why is this even a debate?

because the kid is obviously prone to concussions (or at the very least head trauma that causes him to lose time). and there is going to be a time that the Dr's wont clear him "EVER AGAIN" like they recently did for AJ Long.

Is it worth playing him after having 3 of those plays in 1 year in a borderline meaningless season when we NEED him to play 3 more seasons? That is the debate. Everything else is just chatter. Honest question - have you ever seen a QB take 3 of those hits in a 5 game span?

I'm just shocked that people can just brush those 3 plays off like its nothing because he was cleared to return.

You know who else was cleared to return? AJ Long - until he wasn't.

because the kid is obviously prone to concussions (or at the very least head trauma that causes him to lose time). and there is going to be a time that the Dr's wont clear him "EVER AGAIN" like they recently did for AJ Long.

Is it worth playing him after having 3 of those plays in 1 year in a borderline meaningless season when we NEED him to play 3 more seasons? That is the debate. Everything else is just chatter. Honest question - have you ever seen a QB take 3 of those hits in a 5 game span?

I'm just shocked that people can just brush those 3 plays off like its nothing because he was cleared to return.

We don't know if this if the same thing as Aj. Aj came in here with numerous concussions. We don't know about Ed. We don't even know what his injuries are. We are all just guessing

Yes, more than just QB's, there's 22 on a field at any given time.

You can't assume, that's why doctors are thee.

Regarding Shafer's "comeback" comment -

I should have listened to the post-game press conference first-hand before getting so pissed with Shafer.
I don't think Bailey's twitter update (intentional or not) exactly expressed what Shafer was trying/fumbling to say.

2015-11-09_8-42-39.jpg

This isn't a concussion. The last one wasn't a concussion. Its not disputable. Sorry, but those are the facts.

This isn't a concussion. The last one wasn't a concussion. Its not disputable. Sorry, but those are the facts.

concussion or not, the Pitt 1 was dangerous. What would you call it if it was your son on the left and he was lying facedown, motionless and limp on the turf for 4 seconds 2 weeks after a diagnosed concussions?

I dont mean to paint a picture with your son, and i apologize if thats too far. But my point is Dungey has a family too and is only 18. I don't think we should be so flippant about his head issues. Because at minimum 2 were bad and now add in this where all we know for sure is that Shafer said "its his head... I hope he's going to be OK"

As a fan, I want him for 4 years. As a father, I want him to stay safe. Both of which are screaming to be VERY careful with him for the rest of this season.

Last edited:
concussion or not, the Pitt 1 was dangerous. What would you call it if it was your son on the left and he was lying facedown, motionless and limp on the turf for 4 seconds 2 weeks after a diagnosed concussions?

the kid. and the family. and people on the team. all confirmed it was a sell job. I just don't know what to tell you doctor ATL.

Edit. Its not really important to me that you believe me.

the kid. and the family. and people on the team. all confirmed it was a sell job. I just don't know what to tell you doctor ATL.

Edit. Its not really important to me that you believe me.

Huh?

I dont mean to paint a picture with your son, and i apologize if thats too far. But my point is Dungey has a family too and is only 18. I don't think we should be so flippant about his head issues. Because at minimum 2 were bad and now add in this where all we know for sure is that Shafer said "its his head... I hope he's going to be OK"

As a fan, I want him for 4 years. As a father, I want him to stay safe. Both of which are screaming to be VERY careful with him for the rest of this season.
You know who was totally fine with their son being in the game at that point on Saturday? The Dungeys. Let's try not putting our own opinions on the families of these kids. They are 100% behind him having been out there.

I doubt orange79 will ask Heater for his medical degree how he knows it wasn't a concussion. Nobody knows what happened to Dungey on Saturday. It could be anything and I won't speculate. I will just the injury occurred because our coach left the starting QB in a game down 31 points with 5 minutes left.

That decision was poor. Their was no upside to Dungey punching in a garbage time TD.

You know who was totally fine with their son being in the game at that point on Saturday? The Dungeys. Let's try not putting our own opinions on the families of these kids. They are 100% behind him having been out there.

Can you post what they said about it?

I doubt orange79 will ask Heater for his medical degree how he knows it wasn't a concussion. Nobody knows what happened to Dungey on Saturday. It could be anything and I won't speculate. I will just the injury occurred because our coach left the starting QB in a game down 31 points with 5 minutes left.

That decision was poor. Their was no upside to Dungey punching in a garbage time TD.
????

Actually I know exactly what happened. Down to a diagnosis. And what the long term prognosis is.

Can you post what they said about it?
The gist is that they fully understood and supported Lester's comments about wanting to get him back out there to shake off the interceptions. Both parents support the decision.

2 years ago in similar situations SS pulled Sophomore with no experience Terrel Hunt for Drew Allen in blowouts against Georgia Tech, Florida State, Clemson.

What changed from then now? Hunt needed reps and confidence but SS let Allen finish those games. Playing Dungey with 5 minutes left was a poor decision. The risk was not worth the reward and people were saying this in the chat room before Dungey got hurt.
I

he just did. they said they were fine with it.

But where did it come from? Obviously I am looking for a link or a quote of some sort. He still hasnt posted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom