Does pitino own us or is it just a lease ? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Does pitino own us or is it just a lease ?

Long story short, Pitino's a very good coach in terms of player development. I don't know why he doesn't recruit better, but it's impressive that he wins consistently with the players he gets.

Pitino doesn't recruit "better" because he looks for kids he can teach and mold, not necessarily "blue-chippers" who likely won't stay 4 years. Hence he gets longer in-program consistency.

Who the hell is saying JB is a better coach than Pitino?! That's crazy and not a dig on JB. Pitino is that good. I'm not going to write another thesis on Louisville, Pitino, and what he gets out of his players. The quality of players he brings too generally recruiting where SU is in the pecking order, behind Duke/UK/Kansas/Arizona.

Louisville was also playing GREAT last year before they banned themselves. They destroyed us. Guess what? They were starting those two transfers, and a couple of sophs and a frosh. One of those was Onuaku (what happened with that recruitment again for those who know?) who was a soph and declared for the draft.
Thank you for not posting another thesis on Pitino and Ville. I was trying to think of something in my life I needed less that that I can't come up with anything. Pitino is a really good coach and so is JB. We are talking about two of the top 10 coaches of all time. I personally value loyalty, consistent winning and coaches who invest time and money in the community over having hookers helping recruitment and having your coach have sex with girls in restaurant bathrooms and only stay at your school for around 10-12 years. I think they are both amazing coaches and any school would be lucky to have them. I believe Boeheim is a career 11-15 or something like that vs Pitino correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe Boeheim is a career 11-15 or something like that vs Pitino correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct sir.
Here's JB's record against Pitino according to OrangeHoops.com:

5-0 against Rick Pitino at Providence
1-3 versus Rick Pitino at Kentucky (including the 96 championship game)
5-12 versus Rick Pitino at Louisville.

So his record against Pitino is 11-15 overall.
JB owned Pitino early in Pitino's coaching career, Pitino has made up for it since.

Thank you for not posting another thesis on Pitino and Ville. I was trying to think of something in my life I needed less that that I can't come up with anything. Pitino is a really good coach and so is JB. We are talking about two of the top 10 coaches of all time. I personally value loyalty, consistent winning and coaches who invest time and money in the community over having hookers helping recruitment and having your coach have s e x with girls in restaurant bathrooms and only stay at your school for around 10-12 years. I think they are both amazing coaches and any school would be lucky to have them. I believe Boeheim is a career 11-15 or something like that vs Pitino correct me if I'm wrong.

Uh, okay. Sorry to hurt your feelings. I'm talking purely basketball and Karen Sypher is a grown woman not a girl, btw.

Last edited:
Uh, okay. Sorry to hurt your feelings. I'm talking purely basketball and Karen Sypher is a grown woman not a girl, btw.
My feelings aren't hurt. I should have said had s e x with a grown women in a restaurant bathroom. My fault. I feel like in the past we have talked about recruiting being a big part of being a coach and evaluating so I don't think the hooker thing is outside the realm of coaching. I do give him credit for having the assistant button the whole thing up and not singing. He is a really good coach but also has his warts just like JB.

There's nothing wrong admitting Pitino is a better coach than JB. That's not a slight on JB in the slightest.
NO there isn't. But saying that the talent level for both teams is the same and that Patino could get out of the SU roster what he is getting out of his is saying that SU could be a top 10 team but for the coaching. That is way wrong.

NO there isn't. But saying that the talent level for both teams is the same and that Patino could get out of the SU roster what he is getting out of his is saying that SU could be a top 10 team but for the coaching. That is way wrong.

No, I'm not saying that. I don't think I believe that, either.

But I do think Pitino could get some things out of Syracuse's roster that Boeheim can't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom