Does SU football really have an aging fanbase? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Does SU football really have an aging fanbase?

How old are you SU football fan???

• 1-20

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • 21-39

Votes: 61 48.4%
  • 40-Infinity

Votes: 62 49.2%
  • I didn't know U of syracuse had a football club

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
44, with a 29 (and holding) year old wife ( I might be dumb, but I'm not stupid, too!), 2 teens and 2 twenty somethings, all Orange fans.

Soon as I figure out how to work this newfangled compewter I'll tell you how old I am.

66 and in row b section 129 and I don't sit down much and no-one tells me to sit down. I'm one who waves at everyone in our area to get up and make noise. I believe if you go, be a fan, otherwise stay home.

42. The good news is that as I get older, my ears are getting hairier.

26. Older guy works in my building, always wearing Syracuse polos. I always figured he was awesome. Saw him in passing and said "big game tomorrow" he said "what?" I said "Lville, football game" he proceeded to tell me he doesn't watch SU football. I've considered him a tool ever since.

Looks like I'm the baby around these parts. 20. Repping the first group, LET'S GO!

That said, I'm fairly sure this guy was trolling who started the thread, not positive though.

70 and can still party and I only like my broccoli with cheese. By the way there is more STD in the Villages Fl. 55 and over community than anywhere else in Fl. Check it out.

39 and hung like a rhino.

whoops... 2nd part of my response wasn't part of the survey.

I'm 36
My sons are 5 & 3 and equally as passionate (although they may not know it yet)

I turn 36 in 2 weeks... and I have 3 kids that will grow up Syracuse fans. My daughter is 5 years old, my son will be 4 years old in January, and my youngest daughter is 8 months old... the older two have already been to numerous games at the Dome over the past couple years!

38, with three kids 7,9, and 4 who are all in as well. Aging fanbase is an excuse for shitty on field performance the past 10 years. Win games, fans come back. people have been saying it for years, we just haven't won enough games. I think the fanbase was on the verge until the famous 5 game slide last year. The Rutgers game was a tremendous blow last year and it just got worse. It will take one great season to truly reinvigorate the fanbase. A 9-3 season with some quality wins with a good bowl game.

I can see the fickle fanbase through my wife, she loved going to games in the mid nineties, hates them now. A good offense never hurts either