Does SU football really have an aging fanbase? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Does SU football really have an aging fanbase?

How old are you SU football fan???

• 1-20

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • 21-39

Votes: 61 48.4%
  • 40-Infinity

Votes: 62 49.2%
  • I didn't know U of syracuse had a football club

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We've been awful for the past decade or so, of course we have an aging fanbase. The youngest fans around are the only ones that still remember McNabb and co

45. Thought for sure that last year would be our breakout year.

But, won't everyone who is killed be 44 forever? The victor will be the One 44 for just a short while. Oh, irony!
Hmmm so you are saying we should compete to be the first one out then stop the competition. Interesting adds a new dimension.

40 to infinity? Really? Couldn't you have made at least one more category? I just turned 44!!! yesterday for the first time. Next year, I will turn 44+1.

I'm not sure what having 40+ being the top category says about a poll meant to determine if the fanbase is aging:

A) Anyone creating a poll with that bracketing must be young, therefore the fanbase isn't aging.

B) Anyone offended by it must be old, therefore the fanbase is aging.

Seems that there are a lot of us. I do think the fan base is aging; demographic changes in the late-'90s in Central New York and a whole generation of SU students who experienced terrible football can't help matters. Things have bottomed out, though - better days are on their way.

So old, gravity's got my gender in it's infernal grip. I couldn't watch football during the Robinson years. I haven't missed a basketball game since Al Gore created the Internet.

38. Wife 39. Kids 14, 12, 9, 7 forced into fandom from birth. Everyone must wear orange on game day.

don't do Facebook or Twitter what does that tell you...but I could still kick your a$$ :)

don't do Facebook or Twitter what does that tell you...but I could still kick your a$$ :)
It's that old man strength.

I'm 32, and I smell like Bigfoot's dick. Wait, that's not a good thing.

54 and broccoli and cheese rule

old enough to see Art Monk as a running back , when Buffalo Bill Hurley was a pretty cool QB to watch, the LEE Brothers in Baskeyball, jimmy dont call me bug williams, the Rocket Man Chris Cease jump out of the Gym, and one of my alltime Favorites was listening to Joel marinas call a basketball game and call Bouie Boomerang or a Rosie Reject when Rosie Bouie blocked a shot.

Maybe it's not that the fanbase is aging, maybe a lot of the fanbase has relocated, like me. In the 90's and 2000's I lived in Syracuse and commuted to Rome for work, but now I live in Charlotte, main reasons were weather and more opportunities in my field (IT).

The only thing I really miss, outside of family, is the ability to go to the games.