Does SU Win this Game Without Williams? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Does SU Win this Game Without Williams?

I did some reading on the hats and it was in honor of a student athlete at Albany Dan Barnes '07 who recently passed away. I'll take back the weird comment as that is a nice gesture. Marr did let his emotions get the best of him. Albany did almost beat us last year except for Schoonmaker in OT. I was pulling for them against ND last year in They beat us the year before that I believe. Will be interesting to see what happens to the program without a Thompson on the roster.

Thats right they did mention that on the broadcast I just still found it weird. Would have made more sense I think for a sticker on the helmet or something on the jersey. Either way a nice gesture for sure.

When DeJoe (I believe it was him) gave a big body check to one of the Albany players on a man up situation in search of a loose ball... an old school man ball type play. Albany coach Scott Marr was upset that a penalty was not called. He was giving the refs the business and the crowd around him was heckling him. My seats are in section 101 near the the back in front of the luxury box. I can't be sure what was said to the coach that set him off. Marr took offense to the crowd and turned around and did a World Wrestling Federation gesture where he had his hand over his ear while facing the crowd. Like he was a villain and was egging them to be louder. A sort of mocking gesture. The crowd of course reacted and yelled at him even louder. Marra sort of pointed to his ass (like kiss it) but then quickly grabbed those weird throw back hats that they were wearing out of his back pocket. It was bizarre. I have never seen anything like it.

On Williams, I don't really know exactly what happened but it looked like the Albany player nudged Williams in the substitution box. Albany was starting to get a bit frustrated and tried to get to us. Our guys seemed immune to it. This team seems mentally tough and on an absolute mission since the loss to Bryant. I guess SU assistant was all fired up but I didn't see it. The guy sitting next to me saw more than I did. I rarely pay attention to what is going on in the substitution area so this is his account.

I caught Marr complaining about the hit on tv too. Was very weird as it looked as clean as could be but that's the way things are these days. Not the first game this year that i've seen coaches complain about everything that happens in a game. Hopkins comes to mind. It's just nonstop whining to the refs. Terrible for the sport.

agree. face offs were the key. so interesting to watch the different strategies employed. slow scrum to quick flip . we finally have a winner.
i thought the D did as well as could be expected against thompson. what a phenominal talent . another good game by #77 the schooner. emo cannon dejoe needs to either target the cage or sit. a good win against a good program.they have some fine frosh talent but i wunnder how the program fares post thompson.

agree. face offs were the key. so interesting to watch the different strategies employed. slow scrum to quick flip . we finally have a winner.
i thought the D did as well as could be expected against thompson. what a phenominal talent . another good game by #77 the schooner. emo cannon dejoe needs to either target the cage or sit. a good win against a good program.they have some fine frosh talent but i wunnder how the program fares post thompson.

Honestly I think Albany is in a world of hurt next year. Fields is a nice player and so is Oakes but where's the replacement for Thompson coming from. Not to mention Oakes is a jr transfer who only has 1 year left and the other transfer they brought in hasn't been able to get off the bench. If ibwas an Albany fan I would pray for a big run this year because things look like there headed south in a hurry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom