Does Tyler Lydon stay or go | Syracusefan.com

Does Tyler Lydon stay or go

I say very close but ends up testing the waters and not performing enough and staying.
He stays. He is not a 1st round pick. Would make no sense to leave unless Jimmy steps down or he feels the team will be really bad next year.

He stays. He is not a 1st round pick. Would make no sense to leave unless Jimmy steps down or he feels the team will be really bad next year.

He just needs to be a great player on a bad team to improve his draft status, which considering this year versus next years draft he should be fine. If he plays good next years he should be a top 20 pick

We've earned our pessimism on this point after what's happened in recent years. I think there are two reasons for hope:

1) We had him playing center and he's not an NBA center. He needs a year playing forward to really audition for the NBA.

2) I understand he's a good student. Maybe he wants to stay and get a degree.

Naive? Maybe. We'll see.

I love Lyndon and think he can be a very solid NBA player one day. That being said he has regressed this year. He has been hesitant to shoot the ball, has difficulty finishing in the paint, and hasn't developed the ability to put the ball on the floor.

He'll go because in spite of his play he's a good shooter and has enough potential for a playoff team to draft him at the end of the first round and stash him in the D league.

And even if he's not a first round pick, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes because even if he improves scouts will just write it off because he's an upperclassman pushing around younger guys and of course he should be doing that.

I love Lyndon and think he can be a very solid NBA player one day. That being said he has regressed this year. He has been hesitant to shoot the ball, has difficulty finishing in the paint, and hasn't developed the ability to put the ball on the floor.

Lyndon_B_Johnson-AB.jpeg

Sorry, couldn't resist.

If you are 19 or 20 years old and someone offered you a guaranteed million dollar plus contract do you take it or do you leave it. That's the question. I don't think the answer has anything to do with Syracuse basketball and next season.

He's likely gone.
1. He's a big man that can shoot the ball better than most guards.

2. He knows what he is. NBA teams picking in the end of the first round won't have to worry about a guy trying to do too much. They know he'll just come in and do his job.

3. His biggest area for improvement is strength, which is much more fixable in the NBA than it is here.

4. He's been a projected top 25 pick literally the entire season despite what many posters here think of him.

Lastly, I think this season probably proved that his stock won't improve by staying like he may have though before and this team isn't expected to be a contender next year. There's really no logical reason to stay.

He's likely gone.
1. He's a big man that can shoot the ball better than most guards.

2. He knows what he is. NBA teams picking in the end of the first round won't have to worry about a guy trying to do too much. They know he'll just come in and do his job.

3. His biggest area for improvement is strength, which is much more fixable in the NBA than it is here.

4. He's been a projected top 25 pick literally the entire season despite what many posters here think of him.

Lastly, I think this season probably proved that his stock won't improve by staying like he may have though before and this team isn't expected to be a contender next year. There's really no logical reason to stay.
I think he goes but his stock could absolutely improve next year if we find an actual point guard.

Lydon can be wide open on pick n pops or seal his man into oblivion in the post and it didn't matter this year, he wasn't getting the ball.

Maybe he meant his brother Barry.

509c2e64bfc8749f155a23def439da2a.jpg

It's the damn autocorrect that does the Lyndon thing.

As for the draft: of freaking course he is leaving. I also think Battle will be drafted ahead of him.

If you are 19 or 20 years old and someone offered you a guaranteed million dollar plus contract do you take it or do you leave it. That's the question. I don't think the answer has anything to do with Syracuse basketball and next season.
The other thing people always forget - basketball is what these guys do best. That's what got them the college scholarship.

There's a limited window to make income playing basketball. That's usually the best chance for their best income because it's what they do best in life.

But I mean, sure, make that window a little smaller.

Some people underestimate what is valuable to an NBA team and overestimate what a player should become.

Most NBA draftees, excepting the top 1-3, are fortunate to piece together a 2-4 year career & maybe start a few games.

Second round picks aren't guaranteed that's the problem. Do you think he is a guaranteed 1st rounder?

That's what scouts are saying if you pay attention to that.
I pay attention to it alot. Nowhere have I seen where he is a guaranteed 1st round pick. At best he is late 1st round. There is a good chance that he could slide into the early second. Is he a gambling man?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom