Does Tyler Lydon stay or go | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Does Tyler Lydon stay or go

I pay attention to it alot. Nowhere have I seen where he is a guaranteed 1st round pick. At best he is late 1st round. There is a good chance that he could slide into the early second. Is he a gambling man?

You sound like someone who hopes he doesn't perform well at the combine.

You sound like someone who hopes he doesn't perform well at the combine.
I don't think it's about whether he performs well at the combine or not. This year is loaded and very deep. He also didn't progress much at all from last year. That won't help his case. He should have been taking games over this season. He just kind of hung out in the background.

I don't think it's about whether he performs well at the combine or not. This year is loaded and very deep. He also didn't progress much at all from last year. That won't help his case. He should have been taking games over this season. He just kind of hung out in the background.

He'll be a role player in the NBA. He never needed to take over games to get drafted. The fact that he can rebound and shoot is probably all teams cares about. He will be a stand in the corner guy in the PNR in the NBA.

It's the damn autocorrect that does the Lyndon thing.

As for the draft: of freaking course he is leaving. I also think Battle will be drafted ahead of him.

Wait...it 's not Lyndon??

hqdefault.jpg

The other thing people always forget - basketball is what these guys do best. That's what got them the college scholarship.

There's a limited window to make income playing basketball. That's usually the best chance for their best income because it's what they do best in life.

But I mean, sure, make that window a little smaller.

If there's limited window for making it in the pros, wouldn't you want to maximize your skills and your opportunity before making the jump?

he better shoot better for scouts than he has the last month of this season..

If there's limited window for making it in the pros, wouldn't you want to maximize your skills and your opportunity before making the jump?
The trick my friend, is that the opportunity and the skills are not connected the way many on this board want to believe.

I say very close but ends up testing the waters and not performing enough and staying.
I think it is entirely dependent on how he measures at the combine and does in the individual workouts. I don't think it is a horrible decision either way especially if he really is only one year from a degree as some have mentioned.

For his sake, I hope he goes, and think he will. For our sake, I hope he somehow stays. He will sneak in the first round. If he stays, it's more likely his stock goes down.

2. He knows what he is. NBA teams picking in the end of the first round won't have to worry about a guy trying to do too much. They know he'll just come in and do his job.

This is one interesting wrinkle, a lot of the teams you would expect to have picks late in the first round this year don't have picks. Cavs, Warriors, Celts, Clips, all don't have a late first round pick because of past trades. There are a couple picks in the 20-30 range that are from teams at the bottom of the league who have stock piled some picks, Brooklyn, Magic, Lakers. If a playoff team picks Lydon there it only looks like either the Spurs or Jazz (who have two between 20-30).

For his sake, I hope he goes, and think he will. For our sake, I hope he somehow stays. He will sneak in the first round. If he stays, it's more likely his stock goes down.

I don't think it would be in his best interest to leave now.

I say very close but ends up testing the waters and not performing enough and staying.

Didn't take him very long to decide. Too bad for us. I would love to have had him on next year's team. He never became the alpha dog. I think that holds him back in the NBA. I think he needed another year to try to "get" that mindset. Oh well. Terrific player, very enjoyable to have watched. I wish him all the best. Really, one of my favorites these past few years. Too bad he didn't get just a bit better before he left.

That's what scouts are saying if you pay attention to that.

Actually, he has slipped to the very end of the 1st round. That makes it a dicey proposition to be coming out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom