Doesn't anybody want the UT job? | Syracusefan.com

Doesn't anybody want the UT job?

Crusty

Living Legend
I am sure Shady does but who wants him?

Strong could probably write his own check!

FootballScoop Staff @footballscoop
.@ChipBrownOB reported James Franklin & Charlie Strong are among Finalists for UT. Sources tell us they are the 2. Decision within 24 hrs

It must really grind Chip Brown's gears that everyone is talking about the PSU opening and no one is talking about UT.

I am sure Shady does but who wants him?

Strong could probably write his own check!
Schiano is probably still begging for an interview. He offers that the ESB was lit up in red and he can get lit in orange if UT ever plays there, so he has that going for him.

Briles told UT "NO" yesterday and re-affirmed his commitment to Baylor today. How do you like that bees?

Briles told UT "NO" yesterday and re-affirmed his commitment to Baylor today. How do you like that bees?

I don't know, am I suppose to like it?

That's surprising to me but he obviously sees more upside and an easier road at Baylor. It's the law of diminished expectations. If he goes to UT and loses 2 games a year they get the pitchforks out. If he stays at Baylor and continues to play the spoiler and/or has a bad year and loses 4-5 games he is still walking on water.

I was waiting for the news of Briles' new contract after he took himself out of the UT running.

That's surprising to me but he obviously sees more upside and an easier road at Baylor. It's the law of diminished expectations. If he goes to UT and loses 2 games a year they get the pitchforks out. If he stays at Baylor and continues to play the spoiler and/or has a bad year and loses 4-5 games he is still walking on water.

I think we might be seeing a trend with coaches who are making millions where they are at and telling the arrogant programs ...f-you.

if you win the media will notice and write nice things w/0 the fans screaming to fire you if you lose in September.

Wouldn't you think UT had to have a clear successor target in mind BEFORE pushing Brown out?

Wouldn't you think UT had to have a clear successor target in mind BEFORE pushing Brown out?

The arrogance of Texas never allowed the AD see that Saban might say "no". Fans at work were dead set that Saban would be charmed (read: $$$$$$) to come to Austin and win championships.

@SBNationCFB
pic.twitter.com/UhFZysRtAg (by @gbhunting) RT @McMurphyESPN: UCLA's Jim Mora was offered Texas job but turned it down @AdamSchefter reports

BdEs0zqCAAI4Y9K.jpg

I was waiting for the news of Briles' new contract after he took himself out of the UT running.
He signed an extension earlier, prior to Mack Brown's dismissal or resignation.

They did have a coach in waiting but he went to Florida. I doubt they want him back. Now they find themselves in a bit of a mess. It will be hard to satisfy the Texas faithful with anybody that has less than stellar head coaching record.

If I had to guess I say Charlie Strong. He may have peaked there for a bit and he would have the most gain of all the supposed candidates. L'ville to UT is a huge upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom