Dolezaj and Brissett... | Syracusefan.com

Dolezaj and Brissett...

How many teams can put on the floor two forwards who can take you off the dribble? This is an exicting team to watch. The freshman recruiting class looks vastly underrated now.

Dolezaj offensive game is only going to get better. I like the way he's contributing on both ends.

Brisset looks like a 5 star player.

When he was about to take his FT after getting fouled to the basket I was thinking this guy is legit. He looks the part. He has great skill. He's fast as heck. All he needs is experience. Imagine where he's going to be with his game in March!

Brissett is amazing. He's like a taller Battle but just as fast to the basket.
Brissett gets to the basket as a freshman as well as some we've had as seniors.

I actually think he is smoother going to the basket than Battle and it gives me the chills to think how good he'll be when he gets stronger. He'll be a one man wrecking crew.

I am still cautiously optimistic, but both of these forwards are very good, young, and compliment the two leaders and bigs well.

Brissett reminds me of Jerami Grant in terms of how quick he is off the floor. Obviously way more developed than Grant was at this stage. He's very smooth. Gets to the basket almost effortlessly. The shot looks good, just isn't falling at a high(ish) rate yet. He could live at the line this year as long as he doesn't fade on a lot of his takes. Sometimes he goes left and shoots an off balance runner with the right. Not getting the call with that.

Dolezaj, definitely, is a smart player. Has a knack for the ball and really gets his hands on a lot of them. Strength is definitely an issue though.. lot of times he gets his hands on the ball but doesn't quite corral it which I attribute to taking body contact and not being able to absorb a lot of it. Definitely a solid rotational player though. Had some nice finishes inside as well.

Worst case is Battle and Brissett leaving.

Good thing we have Carey and Bazley coming in.

The next 2 years are gonna be so fun. God forbid Battle and/or Brissett come back next year. A senior Frank, Sidibie AND Chukwu, Doleazj, etc. damn!!!

Brissett gets to the basket as a freshman as well as some we've had as seniors.

I actually think he is smoother going to the basket than Battle and it gives me the chills to think how good he'll be when he gets stronger. He'll be a one man wrecking crew.

How about how quick he is to follow his own shot and get his own rebound. His first move to the ball is like snake strike. Really great stuff! All he needs is experience and little more strength. He's going to be a beast and huge star on the Orange team!!!

Worst case is Battle and Brissett leaving.

We have long way to go. Battle is definitely gone. But it sure feels like Brissett might get into the 1-and-done category before the season is over. I'm sure I'm a little Orange drunk right now. I thought this year's team would have JBs worse record in his career. Wow, what surprise this team has been!!! If we beat Kansas this weekend I'm will explode Orange!!!!

they bring tremendous energy & activity to the team on both ends of the court

but, boy, their 3pt shooting

when they launch from the arc, i think of the song from hamilton:

they're just like their country
young,scrappy & hungry
but they're not going to make that
shot

First game this season I've been able to see and WOW! This is not the Cuse of the last 8 years, full of players who couldn't convert a 6-inch rebound if their mother's lives depended on it -- it was so frustrating to watch all those missed bunnies. But this team is the everlovin' opposite. A bunch of scrappers with high efficiency under the boards and multiple hands waiting for anything that doesn't go in. These guys can FINISH! We're seeing REBOUNDS . . . I can't believe it . . . I'd forgotten what an Orange rebound looked like! All we need is for some consistent shooters to evolve out of this group by tournament time, but I'm looking forward to watching this Dive-and-Drive team battle. They'll give opponents fits and win some games they weren't expected to, assuming refs don't foul them out. Good reffing job in the MD game, by the way . . . refs let them play most of the game. Can't wait for the next game.-VBOF

Brissett really looks amazing. Few dumb freshman moments, but for the most part poised and obviously insanely talented. Kinda reminds me of Melo the way he rebounds so well.

Kudos to you for anticipating that this team would be good.

they bring tremendous energy & activity to the team on both ends of the court

but, boy, their 3pt shooting

when they launch from the arc, i think of the song from hamilton:

they're just like their country
young,scrappy & hungry
but they're not going to make that
shot

First game this season I've been able to see and WOW! This is not the Cuse of the last 8 years, full of players who couldn't convert a 6-inch rebound if their mother's lives depended on it -- it was so frustrating to watch all those missed bunnies. But this team is the everlovin' opposite. A bunch of scrappers with high efficiency under the boards and multiple hands waiting for anything that doesn't go in. These guys can FINISH! We're seeing REBOUNDS . . . I can't believe it . . . I'd forgotten what an Orange rebound looked like! All we need is for some consistent shooters to evolve out of this group by tournament time, but I'm looking forward to watching this Dive-and-Drive team battle. They'll give opponents fits and win some games they weren't expected to, assuming refs don't foul them out. Good reffing job in the MD game, by the way . . . refs let them play most of the game. Can't wait for the next game.-VBOF

Dive-and-Drive... I love it.

Brissett really looks amazing. Few dumb freshman moments, but for the most part poised and obviously insanely talented. Kinda reminds me of Melo the way he rebounds so well.
Oshae's ability to rebound has been a nice surprise so far. Both he and Marek have a real nose for the ball. Can't remember the last time we had freshman at both forward spots AND at center playing big minutes.