Dolezaj and Brissett...

they bring tremendous energy & activity to the team on both ends of the court

but, boy, their 3pt shooting

when they launch from the arc, i think of the song from hamilton:

they're just like their country
young,scrappy & hungry
but they're not going to make that
shot
eh Oshae's shot is fine - so many of his have rimmed out the past few games - you can tell he's a legit shooter just by looking at his shot and by JB giving him the green light

Worst case is Battle and Brissett leaving.

Good thing we have Carey and Bazley coming in.

The next 2 years are gonna be so fun. God forbid Battle and/or Brissett come back next year. A senior Frank, Sidibie AND Chukwu, Doleazj, etc. damn!!!
I'm not sure you understand the meaning of the phrase "God forbid..." ;)

VBOF had some right on comments about the team. These guys want to win and they'll give everything they have to do it. So much different from last year! Such a pleasant surprise.

And the officiating was very good and surprising to me that we got the high quality officials we had. All those guys are Sweet 16 and better refs.

It wasn't funny, it looks like it is much better than we could have expected.

Remember all the angst about this recruiting class last spring? That was funny.

We'll always will know where we are after the next game.

I certainly understand this...but literally this has been said about this team after every stinking game! Let's enjoy this young team that's playing very good basketball and all have high hopes for this team regardless. We are syracuse and should expect the best out of our guys and damn it they are playing their butts off!

Dolezaj has some tangible physical limitations at that size, but he makes up for it with such high hoops IQ that he's still effective. He already has Boeheim's trust.

Figures we get the one euro who can't shoot, though. But when his shot comes around eventually -- look out. He'll be a walking mismatch.

um...

...not so much
I can't get too excited about some of the question marks under the basket. They were letting them play for the most part and we did have some freshman that might not have been getting breaks.

Got to include Alabama's Collin s e xton in that mix, though. I hear he plays a mean 3-on-5 game.-VBOF
Apologies for the apparent typo . . . I tried to fix it twice, but the system still buggers it up . . . must be something about Sex it doesn't like.-VBOF

I wish you guys would stop it with the 10-15 lb chant - let the player decide how he can get better.

Dolezaj has some tangible physical limitations at that size, but he makes up for it with such high hoops IQ that he's still effective. He already has Boeheim's trust.

Figures we get the one euro who can't shoot, though. But when his shot comes around eventually -- look out. He'll be a walking mismatch.

I was really happy with how his play helped us win today.

Yeah... my bad, playing at 170 pounds at six-foot-nine is ideal at the high major collegiate hoops level. Silly me.

So how many more pts, rebs, steals, etc, would he get per additional lb?

And so was I. Complimented him quite effusively above. But let's not pretend that he isn't skinny as hell, and that he wouldn't benefit by putting on some good weight. Pointing that out doesn't detract from what he's doing.

So how many more pts, rebs, steals, etc, would he get per additional lb?

Really odd position you're taking, and a very weird argument to draw a line in the sand about. If you don't think a frontcourt player who is built like Damone Brown wouldn't benefit by getting a bit stronger, it's pretty clear that you fundamentally don't understand how sports work, or are just being argumentative.

Try to enjoy the win.

That Arizona C is a monster. Must be some chemistry/investigation stuff going on there because it doesn’t makes sense how poorly they are playing. Bamba is going to be a beast soon. He’s still 10/10/4 through four games and two were against Gonzaga and Duke. Duval, Carter, and Trent Jr., are pretty much as advertised. Trent Jr. passes better than I thought. Jaren Jackson on Michigan St. is really good.

But yeah, Brissett looks really good and is right up there. He’s only going to get better...scary! Really nice athlete, doesn’t look awkward, decisive, etc. That shot will come and his rebounding is ahead of schedule!

So you won't answer my question?

Really odd position you're taking, and a very weird argument to draw a line in the sand about. If you don't think a frontcourt player who is built like Damone Brown wouldn't benefit by getting a bit stronger, it's pretty clear that you fundamentally don't understand how sports work, or are just being argumentative.

Try to enjoy the win.

Try to enjoy the win.

There were a couple plays today where he lost the hall where he will probably hold on in a year or two as he gets stronger. on one he got an offensive rebound then basically had the ball taken from him as he tried to move into an offensive position.

This isn't an insult to marek - I would guess he agrees.